• Tweets

• its better you put letters up as a PDF please  read upload that way you have to be a member to download them and we can see if the enemy are looking at your thread.   but anyway yes ofcourse you ignore that its nothing more than a threat-o-gram.   I could recommend a washing powder to my wife if she buys it or even listens to me is a totally different matter
    • retitled and moved to the HFC forum plenty of like stories to read here.
    • Hello everyone. Another letter for IDRww today. I have attached it. Please could someone put my mind at ease or advise? From all your advise before- I assume I still ignore. They are saying they are now going to advise their client to refer to solicitors.  Thank you Lou
    • Hi all    Long story short, I am South African living in the UK for the past 6 years.   Roughly 4 years ago, I went to Thailand for a 3 month holiday. That was cut short due to O2 taking money out my account including clearing out my overdraft, roughly £2200.   At the time I had no idea it was O2. I thought I had been robbed.   Any way turns out, there is a overseas tariff for using your contract overseas?! I never knew about this, nor was I told or sent any updates regarding my usage in Thailand.   The total bill they say was £8000 and some change!!!!! I cancelled my contract, with immediate affect and said I was not going to pay this. They then sold there debt to Lowell's.   I have asked for a CCA, unfortunately I did it by email! Not sure it's still valid if it's done by email?   I got a response saying, they received my email but unfortunately they need me to send my name address etc. Which I refused as worried it would make me look like I acknowledged the debt!   Since then I have heard nothing, until today.   I got a letter of pre legal assessment.   Now the question/questions are. What do I do? Do I send a written letter requesting the CCA again or do I not?   Worried if I ask again then this will give them more time to acquire the CCA request.   I need this out of my life, as I am wanting to buy a business next year. I am worried as it's reflecting on my credit score. This has been a nightmare.   Any help would be greatly appreciated. 
    • stop paying  they'll never get an enforceable agreement back for a MBNA HFC GM card of that era they were all shredded in the late 90's when PPI reclaiming really took off.   have you checked theres no PPI on your card? as I bet there was..
  • Our picks

• Future Comms is a Big Con. How to get out of it. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/417058-future-comms-is-a-big-con-how-to-get-out-of-it/
      • 4 replies
    • Future Comms issues. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416504-future-comms-issues/
      • 5 replies
    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies

Today I clicked on "unread content" and dozens of posts came up as closed.  I scroll down to the bottom and click "load more posts" and even more closed posts come up with an occasional new post.  I read the new post and then at the bottom click to be taken back to the "Topic list" and it takes me to the subforum for the post and not back to the topic list. 

If I use the "Go Back" on my FF browser it takes me back to the list, but to the top of the list.  I then have to scroll down and again click on the "load more posts" icon and then again if I was on the third page.

This upgrade really should have been tested before it was launched.  It seems I am not the only one that is feeling frustrated about the upgrade which seems to be a retro step backwards.  I think that from now on I will bide my time and pop in occasionally to check if there have been any improvements especially regarding been taken to the sub forum or back to top of list!  :classic_angry:

There is currently software running to close old threads from years back.....they will stop shortly and Unread Content will only show new posts.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

19 hours ago, Andyorch said:

There is currently software running to close old threads from years back.....they will stop shortly and Unread Content will only show new posts.

Thanks but what about if I read the new post and then at the bottom click to be taken back to the "Topic list" and it takes me to the subforum for the post and not back to the topic list. 

If I use the "Go Back" on my FF browser it takes me back to the list, but to the top of the list.  I then have to scroll down and again click on the "load more posts" icon and then again if I was on the third page.

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)

all sites are bound to have teething issues, especially when you  upgrade from one platform to another.   You cant make all changes on a test forum and transfer over, as the backends could be different, plus people are still making and replying to posts all the time.  Believe me, been there and done it, many a time. On multi million pound websites.

it may seen straightforward to the layman, but sadly web development is never that straightforward.

For this site, its even more compounded as the old webmaster is sadly no longer with us, so any code he made has to be translated and interpreted by the new one, and if its not optimized code it can be very difficult to work through as the slightest change could impact something totally irrelevant.

Edited by renegadeimp
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Click New Content and although I did the "load more activity" still got loads of "Closed" threads coming up.  I thought this was all finished?  Can't really scroll through pages and pages just to find the odd new post.

Posted (edited)

The closed threads you can filter,  but  right now there isnt an option to show new threads without showing them. You can show threads you are following without showing the closed ones tho.

Im surprised the script thats closing old threads is taking its time and doesnt auto remove them from the feed.  Most scripts  parse the database for the date, and then enter an entry to it, then simply auto post a reply to it.  Unless of course its a slower database/host and theres thousands of threads to close.  Then it gets backed up /shrug

Edited by renegadeimp

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Thanks but not sure how to filter them out?  I am guessing that others including newbies are coming across the same issue.

Click unread items, then on the top options click items i follow. That filters the feed to only show threads you have posted in or have subscribed to. It doesnt show new threads, but its a start.

Also  click https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/feed/?action_type=NewTopic

That should list all new topics and get rid of the  locked posts feed.

16 hours ago, renegadeimp said:

The closed threads you can filter,  but  right now there isnt an option to show new threads without showing them. You can show threads you are following without showing the closed ones tho.

Im surprised the script thats closing old threads is taking its time and doesnt auto remove them from the feed.  Most scripts  parse the database for the date, and then enter an entry to it, then simply auto post a reply to it.  Unless of course its a slower database/host and theres thousands of threads to close.  Then it gets backed up /shrug

yes, I think it's very annoying.

I've contacted the plug-in developer and asked about it. He said that he will supply me with some code to speed the process up that he's made no response on the issue of the posts then being marked as unread.

It's an extremely annoying glitch. I'm hoping that the developer will come back to me about that as well.

It's certainly taking an awful long time

I've found a setting to disable the reply – the post which is made informing people that the thread is closed. That's if that makes a difference.

Hi

Can anyone tell me if uploading pdf is sorted out now.

I have six double sided pages to upload.

Thanks

5 hours ago, BankFodder said:

yes, I think it's very annoying.

I've contacted the plug-in developer and asked about it. He said that he will supply me with some code to speed the process up that he's made no response on the issue of the posts then being marked as unread.

It's an extremely annoying glitch. I'm hoping that the developer will come back to me about that as well.

It's certainly taking an awful long time

Indeed. It should take a few mins to an hour most to do even the largest of forums.  

well we've stopped it for the moment.  We think that it may also have been breaking some historical links

I can't seem to find my old threads. When I click on 'content I started' it loads the first page, but it won't load any more than that. What am I doing wrong?

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

I've found it now, going through my profile. 195 pages means I've been spending too much time here I think!

Previously clicked 'Content I started' and it will still only give me one page. I knew there was more!

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

I can’t upload or delete any attachments since this upgrade. It’s saying I’m over my limit 

We alter the settings a few days ago and complaints stopped coming through. We thought we had fixed it.

Please could you let us have some details about what you are trying to upload. – File type, size, anything else.

ATTACHMENT QUOTA

238%

You have used 116.36 MB of your 48.83 MB attachment limit.

this is the message when I go to my attachments. 

I'm sorry but that doesn't help me understand what you are trying to upload – file type and sizes.

I’m not trying to upload anything right now but last week I tried to upload 2 pdf files one was 2.3 and the other 2.7kb

Next time you try to upload something, flag it to us if there is a problem.

I don't quite understand how you could have used more than double your attachment limit. We still trying to understand some aspects of this platform. We'll get it right eventually.