BankFodder BankFodder

Gayleyh

Marston control of goods order at my address re boyfriends CSA debt - he does not live here

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 326 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi All

Just after a bit of advice if possible please.

My boyfriend, who has his own home and does not live with me but does stay at my home some days as i do his,  is being chased by bailiffs regarding outstanding Child Maintenance Payments

(i must say i do agree that he should most certainly pay CS payments but without giving excuses he has been left with considerable debt by his ex which he is struggling to pay and has his FIVE children 3 times a week),

last night i arrived home to find a letter outside on my doorstep in the rain addressed to my boyfriend.

I called him and asked if he would lilke me to open it for him,

when opened it was a bailiff letter stating they called to remove goods.

They could only have gotten my address from his ex, but surely they are not able to come to MY property which is not his address, never mind leave a letter outside on the doorstep!

Could anyone please advise on where i stand on this,

i have put off calling the bailiffs for now as i am still raging and want to get a better understanding on the matter first.

Thank you in advance.

thread title updated for clarity of issue

what is the title of the letter

who are the bailiff company

is this a notice of enforcement?

43 minutes ago, Gayleyh said:

Hi All

i have put off calling the bailiffs for now as i am still raging and want to get a better understanding on the matter first.

Thank you in advance.

If you do call Marston's they will not be allowed to discuss the debt with you. I would suggest that you respond to the letter by email to advise that your boyfriend does not live at your address and instead, provide them with his correct address. 

The only title is "Important Notice" with "for non payment of Child Maintenance" underneath. It states an enforcement agent called but does not state Enforcement Notice on the letter. The Company is Marston Holdings which i think are part of Rossendales.

The letter then reads "An enforcement Agent visted today to 'take control' control of goods. The enforcement agent has certain powers to remove goods for sale. If they start this process, a further £110 fee will apply. More information on how pay what you owe and fees can be found on the back of the letter. If you can't pay the total paying £100 today will allow us to set up a payment plan."

My question is are they allowed to turn up at my property if this is not his address, whether my address was provided to them or not?

Thanks

thread title updated for clarity

no marstons are not the rossers.

they cant do anything 

there is no right of forced entry on CSA debts.

the only thing that might be at risk is a car in his name.

so I expect paperwork all went to another address?

well they'd still have to issue a notice of enforcement at the new one too, before they can do anything

sounds like they are just fishing to get a response

He does not have a car, there is only my car in my name which is parked occassionaly at his house when i stay there or at my home.

He does not have a new address he lives in the same house he has lived in for 10 years,

the bailiffs have probably been there and sent paperwork which he has obviously ignored (this is his business between him and his ex and the CSA, i do not get invovled as it is not my business) and so his ex has given the bailiffs my address which is my own home, he does not live there and is not his registered address.

surely they have no right whatsoever to come to my property when it has nothing to do with me and he is not involved in my home in any way.

Luckily my daughter was not at home alone or she would have panicked and not known what to do as i was at work.

Not only that, is it not a breach of privacy to just leave a letter in an envelope outside on the doorstep rather than post through the letterbox?

I have just had a telephone conversation with Rossendales / Marston Holdings and they have my address down as now being his registered address as a result of the lies from his ex.

They have stated that they cannot remove my address unless i provide evidence that he does not live there but they are unable to give me any guidance as to what evidence i need to provide.

They have said they cannot discuss the matter any further with me as i am not the account holder yet they are able to send bailiffs to my home despite him not being registered there, does not receive any mail of any sort to my address nor does he pay any of the bills. FUMING is not the word right now.

Hi Gayleyh,

You boyfriend does not live with you and does not appear on the council tax bill for your home - if that's accurate then print a copy of the council tax bill and keep it handy.

If you get a knock on the door tell the person asking he doesn't live there, if they say they are bailiffs and prove their ID give them the copy of the bill and tell them to foxtrot oscar - it's nothing to do with you.

They will no doubt ask you to give them his actual address, if they already have that and you are comfortable with giving it then do so, but do not give them any other info as you are not obliged to give them your details (although the council tax bill will show that unless you blank out your surname)

I had a similar experience with my partner's ex who actually tried to name me in court and get me to appear to present my earnings as his ex now lived with me - the judge laughed at him apparantly and asked him if he thought everyone should pay for his kids except him, when he replied he thought I should as I now 'had his wife' despite the fact that they were divorced long before we met, the judge told him he was stupid and that all taxpayers pay for his kids anyway as he's an unemployed oaf.

My point being that this is probably malcious on the part of the boyfriend's ex, sour grapes if you will to try and cause trouble for him so you kick him into touch.

Don't fall for it.

Having read your latest response I would suggest that you contact the Police via 101 and tell them the ex is making false allegations and request they pay her a visit and tell her to stop before you make a harrasment complaint.

Thank you so much Homer67 for your reply.  I know his ex is trying to cause trouble between us and that is why she has done it, although i do agree he should pay for his children which in fairness he does, he buys them clothes, feeds them, pays for school trips its because he is not giving the money directly to her for reasons i don't want to go into.

Oh I forgot to say that even if your boyfriend moved in with you, you would still not be responsbile for any CSA payments or his debts, you are seperate entities unless you get married.

If the ex has involved the CSA then let them settle the amount he has to pay, I gurantee it will be less than he would pay voluntarily unless he is a very high wage earner.

For example my partner earned minimum wage in a full time job and had to pay £7 a week - she had to provide living expenses which included the rent I charged her :classic_wink:

The funny thing was that after a year her youngest decided he wanted to live with us so the tables were turned and beacuse of the ex's attitude my partner went to the CSA and they forced him to pay about £80 a week from memory - he wasn't happy!