BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• You're like, super helpful and unhelpful at the same time lol.   What do I search for, I searched form 4, and nothing, I searched claiming compensation and nothing about this.   I can't find the top squares logo.   Can you post a link or tell me what to search.   Sorry if I'm slow.
    • use our custom google search box  click our top squares logo it should appear on that page   dx
    • Apologies, I haven't used a forum for years!!   I defo wish to keep the 2 issues separate, sorry!   My only issue I need help with is the increased compo for marstons - if possible.   I don't know anything about claiming compo etc. (I only recently found out one of the NHS biggest costs are NDA payouts)   I don't know what form 4 is; so far, they've offered £250 and I haven't accepted or denied it.   So yeah, can you forward me to some more info?   Also, usually I'm good at google etc. but I can't find many stories on this stuff, regarding PCN/TFL etc.   Thanks again!
    • ok things are getting clearer...   I've merged 2 of your posts for clarity and removed the swearing, (behave please) I've also taken down the two images you posted should you wish to post things up please use PDF so we can zoom easily and don't forget to redect them read upload carefully.   I think you need to continue to keep the two thing sep. those being increased compo for marstons- if possible ( if you are raising a form 4? complaint through the court - it might be better you don't? - they are very hard to justify and can be costly - so the fact it might not be moving forward could be a good thing, but listen to others here too) and the issue of the PCN wasn't justified - which you need to further expand on please.   the more info you post up the better please but please use multipage PDF files only and carefully redact them    
    • Thanks for trying btw! It's kinda in 2 parts.   1 is that the PCN wasn't justified in the first place and I wasn't aware it had escalated. I received the initial fine from TFL which I challenged and heard nothing back from (for 5 months). Then another letter from a separate PCN which made me email TFL to inquire what was going on but again, heard nothing back.   (BTW I can see how confusing this is so thanks again for trying)   So, I had no idea my car was at the risk of being taken - that's the first part.   No 2. is:   I got a phone call saying my car was on the back of a truck round the corner from mine (they hadn't left any notices or anything, and the car was parked directly outside my house). My friend said they were attaching the straps and securing it to the van (so I think they got it on the back of the van and moved it before securing it).   When I ran round the corner I saw the EA's van. I went upto it and asked what was going on. He was rude and told me to go away. Then after I kept knocking he got out the van and was aggressive and refused to ID himself or tell me why he had my car.   He shouted at me, was rude and unprofessional, he then left with my car. I complained to Marstons and asked for the bodycam footage.   They gave me the footage but it was clearly edited and cut short (because in the beginning of the footage he was the most aggressive).   They then told me he wasn't required to have the camera turned on when he's in the van, only when he's 'actively pursuing a warrant' and I was only allowed the footage I was in. (which is 2 different things) So I asked them to clarify which is true.   Anyway, I reviewed the footage and sent in my complaint (talking about what happened in the footage) They replied and said they watched the footage and disagreed with everything I said.   So I wrote a more in depth response with the CIVEA code to reference + the TFL EA guide etc.    Then they asked for more time, called me and finally apologised and admitted he had acted untoward and was in the wrong.   They then offered me the goodwill payment.   This has taken up weeks of my time, caused me serious trauma and PTSD and even after I complained WITH video evidence, they still initially denied it which means they officially lied, on record, while representing TFL.   I told TFL what was happening they said I had to continue with Marstons etc.   £250 goodwill isn't enough, the car cost £800 to get out, the suspension is messed up and I'd like to claim compensation for everything.   I don't know if that makes me sound like i'm money grabbing or whatever but they shouldn't be allowed to get away with it.   The police had to come before they could call an ambulance cause I was having a panic attack and it was a HORRIBLE experience.    So any help would be great please    I have the whole file from Resolver in a ZIP file but it's a lot of writing and I think you've read enough of my writing to last a life time!   I did a statutory declaration of OOT, got it signed by the court etc. but it was rejected.   I then tried to take them to court but it cost £250 I think which I don't have. You can get it for free if your low income but they wanted bank statements that I couldn't get. They're waiting for me to reply with documents to get a free court date.    did you receive any of the pcn's - was that why you appealed? - Yes, sorry!   unless it's trying secure a greater level of compo from marstons? - Yes, sorry!   For the record I just saw this pop up, read it and now feel much less guilty about my enquiry!
  • Our picks

conchy_joe

Failure of hard drive.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 398 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

My son has a Hewlett Packard laptop which started to show a message saying " sorry we have come across an error, please do not turn off the computer " it shows 1%....100% and then restarts. when it restarts all previous work has been lost. This happened several times over the next three days, some times twice on the same day. I took the machine to PC World in Selly Oak Birmingham, they said they'd need to keep it overnight.

When I went back the next day they said that they had done a diagnostic on the machine and that the hard drive was failing ( faulty ). I pointed out that the hard drive had been installed by Knowhow 22 months ago at a cost of £60 for inspection and £127 for the new hard drive ( I have the bills ) and that in my opinion the drive they had installed was not fit for purpose as it should be expected to last at least 3 - 4 years. The tech' instore said that I would have to take it up with Knowhow,

He emailed me a copy of the diagnostic test plus copies of the original bills that I had paid in order that I would be able to forward these along with my claim to Knowhow. One day after I had sent these ( including my concerns ) I received an email from Teamknowhow apologizing etc, etc and saying that I should take the machine to the store. I emailed them saying that I had already done this and explained the whole story. Almost immediately I received an almost identical email to which I again emailed back with the same explanation.

It was only after I received a third email say the saying the same thing that I decided to phone Knowhow. The man that I spoke to said he would have to seek advice. He came back and said that the warranty on repairs was 1 year. I pointed out that the item that they had installed was not fit for purpose.re Trading Standards/Sale of Goods, he said that it did not apply to repairs only to " new " items.

I asked for the address of PC World head office and he said he couldn't give it to me, then I asked for the address of the head office of Knowhow, again he said that he could not give it to me but he would give me the address of their complaints dept. I told him that I did not want my complaint to be buried inhouse, and that I wanted it to be heard at a higher level. That's where I'm up to at the moment.

Does anyone have some advice on my next plan of action.

I'm terribly sorry but this extremely large solid block of text is extremely difficult for people to read. It tends to put people off who would otherwise be very keen to come in and give you the advice you need.

Would you mind posting again please but with proper spacing and punctuation.

Thanks

Thank you for your valuable input regarding my post ( hard drive fails after 22 months ) spacing, set-up and punctuation etc. I'm sorry for any inconvenience that I may have caused you. It must have been quite painful for someone as erudite as yourself to make sense of. Please rest assured that I will not submit any more posts on the CAG site. Thank you for your much needed help.

Well I'm sorry that you feel so upset about it. I see that one of the site team has actually done the spacing and punctuation for you.

If you want to come back and visit this thread then I'm sure we can suggest some good ways forward to deal with this problem. It's up to you