Six month period

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1867 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I bought a car from a dealer in June2018 and had issues with it right from the start, so much so that I didn’t actually get the car in a drivable condition until 20th August because the dealer had it back for repairs. To cut a long story short, in Feb I took the car to the Volvo garage for a service and they found a lot of faults with the car that they said must've been there since before I bought he car. I have asked the dealer to pay for these repairs but they refused (Via Stormcatcher solicitors) as I have had the car over six months. I understand what they are saying but as I didn’t actually have the car until August does that six month period get put on hold?

The situation has moved on since I asked for the money for the repairs and Volvo have told me that the car is not economical to repair, they have however found evidence on their system that the dealership were aware of this issue when investigating the car for me in July. I will soon be asking the dealer to refund the car and the cost of the repairs that I have done. The question above about the six months might be critical to whether I can get this money back.

Thanks