Jump to content


Claiming for outstanding income

Recommended Posts

Hi All,

Friend of mine was working for a contractor (Ltd Company) on a CIS basis. He has now left due to not being paid. He is owed £4000 gross (£3200 net) plus some expenses. The lack of payment has also meant he has incurred bank charges,

He has been in dialogue and keeps getting promised the money is coming but still no luck. I have told him that from now on either to record phone calls or only communicate via text/email.

He now wants to start proceedings to get his money. I understand that an LBA is required but could do with some guidance on how to start things off.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

he should state that the letter is a letter befoe action as required under the civil procedure regulations and then state how much is owed and for what reason so soemthing like £4000 for unpaid wages plus £xx agreed expenses  and £50( ior whatever) for overdraft costs and bank charges that are directly attributabla to the non payment of the wages. If they do not pay this or offer a reason as to why the debt is not due by 14 days after the deemed receipt of this letter then legal action will be taken without further notice and all costs associated with that action claimed.( this means if they do cough up after he issues a claim they have to pay the costs of the claim as well)


this needs to be sent to the registered office of the company, whcih can be looked up on the Companies House website

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...