BankFodder BankFodder

Kezza49

Subject Access Request to Housing Association

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 454 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have issues with my Housing Association which has led to two formal complaints both escalated to the Housing Ombudsman, just started the second Ombudsman process now.  The Housing Association holds information which I feel is relevant to the complaint and would make the evidence I submit to the Housing Ombudsman a lot more robust however a Freedom of Information request but Housing Associations dont have to comply with these, which I think stinks but there you go.  I have researched this and feel that a Subject Access Request would be better for me as it is more personal data held on file as opposed to organisational information.  I have looked on the ICO website which states I can ask for any personal information including any emails, my personal file , notes held regarding my issues etc.  Before I put this request in however I wondered if anyone else had any experience with this re: Housing Associations or could advise me further?  Any help would be appreciated as the issues I have, have been ongoing for 3 years now and historically many more years before I moved into the property

Hi

You can legally send the Housing Association a SAR you do not have to break it down into specific areas all you need to do is simply ask for 'ALL DATA HELD' that simple it covers everything you want as All Data Held is exactly that no matter what format they have it in.

Check there website to see is the is a SAR Request form there, if so remember to write 'All Data Held'

What info have you been trying to get from the HA that they have not given you answers to?
(is it anything to do with the Housing Associations Policies?)

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Amongst other things yes.  I have asked for details of two of their policies/procedures relevant to my complaint but nothing has been forthcoming.  I also need to ask for specific data held visits by members of the Housing Association to my property where notes were made, emails exchanged about my property and the works between certain members of staff (upper management) whilst discussing works following visits which I received no feedback for.  I need these as there were many inaccuracies following a visit to my property in the complaint response and I'd be interested in seeing any email exchanges.  

foi is the wrong mechanism for your personal data, you need to amke a SAR under the GDPR. They will have a month to send the data. you can be specific or just ask for everything they hold

if they have failed to respind for copies of procedure etc then you use their complaints procedure and if they still fail to comply you should ask for the details of the trustees of the association so you can write to them as well as the ombudsman

Hi i know it’s a SAR I need now I just didn’t know what exactly a SAR covers. I’m putting in the request because I need information held in emails and other documentation about an ongoing complaint I have with them which is being escalated to the Housing Ombudsman for a second time. After reading the information on the ICO webpage it looks like like everything is covered but wanted to check. Is it information about ‘me’ or can it be information exchanged about  the complaint I have lodged and the property I rent from them as they are being very cagey with information 

Hi

As I said send a SAR simply stating 'All Data Held' it is for them to comply with your request as Per the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA) & General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).

As this is to do with a Complaint and you asked for Policies etc and they have failed to respond then you follow up your complaint pointing out that they have failed to provide copies of XZY Policies etc and you require full clarification why this has not been provided/responded to.

Due to this you now require this complaint move to the next stage.

Which Housing Association?

As you mention 'Works' I assume this is to do with Repairs & Maintenance in your Property. by the HA.

You may have already asked for these Policies but if not ask for these:

1. Customer Care Policy (not the leaflet)

2. Complaints Policy (not the leaflet)

3. Repairs & Maintenance Policy (not the leaflet)

4. Equality and Diversity Policy (not the leaflet)

5. Right to Repair Policy (not the leaflet)

6. Cyclical Maintenance Policy (not the leaflet)

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group