Asset/TM Default judgement - old lending stream debt

Joe C
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1851 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

I am dealing with TM legal services on behalf of my wife and am after some advice.

In Feb of 2017 a claim was made against my wife at Leicester county court by asset collections for an old lending stream debt. I defended this by admitting to the original loan but disputing the astronomical fees and charges. The judge ordered the balance of the claim be struck out.

My wife has just started a new job and has had to undergo background checks. To our horror it showed up that she has a CCJ in the name of asset collections issued by Northampton county court business centre in June of 2018 that we knew nothing about.

On getting the details from Northampton court it is for the same debt that had previously been struck out and Asset collections had got this default judgement by serving the papers to an address we had moved from 3 years earlier despite having served the paperwork the first time at our current address.

My wife is about to lose her new job over this, does anyone know where we stand?

Thank you

Hiya Joe & Welcome aboard - I have moved your thread to the FLI Forum. (Financial Legal Issues) 

Please post here going forward. I am shocked  to see what TM Legal have done... 

Do you have proof that they served the Claim Form on the correct address 1st time round.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Hi thanks for the quick response, the only correspondence I have is where asset collections have done the claim via email with Leicester crown court and the paperwork confirming the case and strike out from the court which was all sent to our current address.

Sadly yes, she started on Monday 18th Feb and had to leave on Friday 22nd as they told her no permanent offer of employment would be made due to the CCJ.

They have given her a little time to try and get it resolved but that time is running out.

TM legal and Asset collections are an absolute nightmare to deal with.

It got as far as TM saying they would have it set aside by consent and would send the form to her to sign by close of play last Friday but they never did. I'm not sure if that's the correct process anyway?

You will have immediate lead to begin applying for a set-aside. I'm afraid this will cost you some money – but if the circumstances are right then you will be able to claim it back. You will need to use a form N244.

Also, send asset collections an SAR immediately. This is essential because you need to find out exactly what has been going on and how much information they have got on you. It may well be that they have treated you unfairly within the meaning of BCOBS or COBS.

Begin the set-aside procedure immediately, and inform the employers that this is what you have done and also show them the strikeout from the previous action.

I concur with BankFodder... This is foul play... 

Nothing you could have done to stop it.. But I would say that they should be made to cough up significantly... 

Get the fact that your wife has been let go in writing... 

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Thanks Bankfodder, I will begin the set aside process straight away.

We have shown the employer the strike out judgement but that doesn't appear to be enough for them. They seem to want the CCJ removed immediately which I know is impossible.

Also, please can you tell us more about the original debt.

Please can you fill this out <<<<

who are the original creditors?

On 04/03/2019 at 20:03, fkofilee said:

I concur with BankFodder... This is foul play... 

Nothing you could have done to stop it.. But I would say that they should be made to cough up significantly... 

Get the fact that your wife has been let go in writing... 

I will do thanks, she has been to hell and back. The humiliation of having to pack her bags and leave the office with everyone watching.

I wouldn't mind but she was only changing jobs because we have relocated and her previous position she held for 21 years with impeccable service.

On 04/03/2019 at 20:06, BankFodder said:

Also, please can you tell us more about the original debt.

Please can you fill this out <<<<

It wont let me click on the link, I will try and post a screen shot.

Start keeping a detailed log of everything that has happened – who said what to who and also all of the inconvenience and distress you have been put to. Also, keep a close account of any losses or expenses which have been incurred as a result of this.

8 minutes ago, Joe C said:

It wont let me click on the link, I will try and post a screen shot.

Sorry, my fault. Gremlins with the new forum upgrade.

You can now see the links and you should fill this out <<<<<

Sent: 06 February 2017 15:58
To: '[email protected]' <[email protected]>
Subject: Ref: 

Dear Sir / Madam,

I am writing in regards to Defendant Mrs. Xxxxxxxxx relating to above claim number. Please find below the details of how the outstanding balance £1,414.98.

The original amount funded was £450.00 on 13/08/2013, due to be paid back in 6 instalments totalling an amount of £990.00.

Due to the loan not being paid back in time the outstanding balance at the time the account was sold onto Asset Collections & Investigations was £1,308.83.

The account fell into arrears on 30thAugust 2013 as the first payment was not paid in full therefore the Defendant has incurred default charges since that date, incurring £322.00 in interest since the account initially defaulted to the date it was then sold to ourselves.

As court action started on the account we then claimed County Court interest at 0.29 pence a day, commencing from 21st June 2016 plus the Court Fee of £70.00, which brings the balance of £1,414.98.

If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact myself.

Kind Regards,

Nathan Southern

Asset Collections & Investigations Limited 
Unit 49 Grovewood Business Centre, Strathclyde Business Park
Bellshill
ML4 3NQ

20190304_201758.jpg

Below is the 2nd claim lodged a year later at our old address

Good Morning

Thank you for your recent correspondence.

Please see your case details below as requested.

Claimant: ASSET COLLECTIONS & INVESTIGATIONS LIMITED
Reference: 

1.THE CLAIMANT CLAIMS THIS AMOUNT IN RESPECT OFAN UNPAID LOAN, REGULATED BY THE CONSUMER CREDIT ACT 1974. THE LOAN WAS FUNDED BY THE LENDING STREAM. 

2.THE DEFENDANT HAS FAILED TO MAKE PAYMENTS IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TERMS OF THE CREDIT AGREEMENT. THE CREDIT AGREEMENT WAS ASSIGNED TO THE CLAIMANT, UPON WHICH A NOTICE OF ASSIGNMENT WAS SENT TO THE DEFENDANT.

3.THE DEFENDANT HAS EITHER FAILED TO RESPOND TO THE CLAIMANT OR HAS FAILED TO MAINTAIN REGULAR PAYMENTS.

4.THE CLAIMANT ISSUED A LETTER OF CLAIM, PROVIDING THE DEFENDANT WITH A FURTHER OPPORTUNITY TO ARRANGE REPAYMENT OF THE OUTSTANDING BALANCE,TO NO AVAIL.

THE CLAIMANT CLAIMS INTEREST UNDER SECTION 69OF THE COUNTY COURTS ACT 1984 AT THE RATE OF 8% A YEAR FROM 20/06/2016 TO 30/05/2018 ON £1,296.61 
AND ALSO INTEREST AT THE SAME RATE UP TO THE DATE OF JUDGMENT OR EARLIER PAYMENT AT A DAILY RATE OF £0.29.  

Will do thanks

Do the email I have posted suffice?

No

I think what BankFodder meant to say Joe is that we would like to help but need that template filled out to offer the best advice we can 😊😊

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

go RING TM legal tomorrow

have the two case numbers ready.

they might just remove the CCJ immediately at no cost to her with such strong proof

we've seen this happen before.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

that's what you want. so why have they not done it 

they can send a DX to the court and the CRA providers and it can be removed in a matter of minutes

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...