style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1850 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It was a lot easier to use CAG with the old format.  Now when you do New or Unread Posts you only get several posts coming up.  If you click on a post to read it, when you are finished and click to go out, it takes you to the top of the page of new posts and you have to scroll down to find the one that you have just viewed.  Must a admit I don't personally like the drab colours associated with the pages.

• Like 2

Try clicking > Activity >Unread Content...there is no New or Unread Posts option

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

4 minutes ago, Andyorch said:

Try clicking > Activity >Unread Content...there is no New or Unread Posts option

Andy

I got that however the issue is that when you bring it up and click on a post to read which may be near the bottom, when you are finished and come out of the post you are taken back up to the top of the page.  You then have to scroll and try and remember where it was so that you can look at the following post!

How long has this NEW LOOK been up and running.

Keep getting 

Sorry, there is a problem

The page you requested does not exist

Error code: 1S160/2

when I click on hyperlinks.

Is the site broken or in maintenance mode?

We already have an ongoing thread in connection to the upgrade where you can post questions....and hopefully resolve problems

Can we keep it in one place rather than numerous threads.

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

1 hour ago, Surfer01 said:

I got that however the issue is that when you bring it up and click on a post to read which may be near the bottom, when you are finished and come out of the post you are taken back up to the top of the page.  You then have to scroll and try and remember where it was so that you can look at the following post!

I have gotten in to the habit of opening links in a new tab and when I'm done. close the tab. Whilst this may not work for mobile users, most modern browsers support tabbed browsing.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

I wasn't a great fan of the old site layout.

I prefer the look and feel of this new site, keep up the good work.

Hopefully these type of errors are temporary😊

The page you requested does not exist

Error code: 1S160/2

and

Please wait 4 seconds before attempting another search

Error code: 1C205/3

and a search for "BT" and "British Telecom" produced no results. Who would have thought it!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jemn said:

BT" and "British Telecom

Hi Jemn

Or you could simply go to the relevant forum........rather than search

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/87-telecoms-mobile-or-fixed/

Regards

Andy

There may well be broken hyperlinks.

If you can let us know when you find one, then we can probably find its target and then correct it.

That would be very helpful to everyone and we would appreciate it. Thanks

14 hours ago, Jemn said:

and a search for "BT" and "British Telecom" produced no results. Who would have thought it!

That's very strange. This is what it produced for me - https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/search/?q="british telecom"&sortby=relevancy

• Like 1

Desktop Opera but whilst for the past 10 years or so we had sticky threads then user threads.

Now I have multi coloured stickies whole of page one then I think but am not sure user threads starting on page 2

what is going on? 

• Like 1

This new layout is so confusing and just plain horrible. The idea you have to go back two pages just to see any new posts is ridiculous imo.

Also why are posts here being altermatically posted over onto Twitter? If I wanted them there I'd post them there. Utterly ridiculous.

Edited by sadone

What's happened to this site? I can't find anything! Mobile or laptop it all looks like Zippy from Rainbow has been let loose with his colouring crayons! It's about as user-friendly as the DWP website!

Sort it out CAG owners! Way to go to kill your already dwindling user base! For a forum that's moderated tighter than North Korea I can't understand how you can get this upgrade SO wrong!

Come on BankFodder, you asked for feedback and the general consensus is "Our survey said... 'Waah-Waah! XXX' "

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sadone said:

This new layout is so confusing and just plain horrible. The idea you have to go back two pages just to see any new posts is ridiculous imo.

Also why are posts here being altermatically posted over onto Twitter? If I wanted them there I'd post them there. Utterly ridiculous.

post titles have been automatically tweeted over to Twitter for at least six or seven years.

There are at least 90000 or so tweets on Twitter which shows you how long it has been going on.

It must be simply that in the past you have never noticed

• AndyOrch changed the title to CAG New look forum

Only post 1 of a new thread is tweeted......its amazing how tweeting your " Queries" quickly resolves and extinguishes the problem by getting their attention.........the power of social media hey ? 

16 hours ago, BankFodder said:

post titles have been automatically tweeted over to Twitter for at least six or seven years.

There are at least 90000 or so tweets on Twitter which shows you how long it has been going on.

It must be simply that in the past you have never noticed

I was not aware of this and cannot recall giving permission for my posts to moved to Twitter.  Is your name shown?  Anything to do with Facebook and Twitter I avoid like the plague!

• Like 1

User Name (Alias) is not shown.... only the first post title and synopsis..

Time to refresh your self with the Forum Rules on uses and copyright.

Andy

Sorry you seam to have mixed up my concern with whatever.........

The https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/111-benefits-and-hmrc/ now only shows sticky posts on the 1st page.

An actual and valid post asking for help now will only appear on page 2 when it is created. 

If you seriously do not understand how this might be an issue........

I truly despair! 

If I ask a question it has to be on page 1 as who [removed]  is going to go to page 2 to help me for a new questin?

Well you seem to think that will happen but..........

Nobody disabled is going to now get past page 1 as there is zero new content there. 

I can turn on caps lock if you like but you ain't listening are you!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, speedfreek said:

I can turn on caps lock if you like but you ain't listening are you!

No need to shout. The number of stickies in the Benefits forum is a subject that has already been raised behind the scenes.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

You could simply have a few stickies that contain/collate listed links for certain individual benefits.

Going to be a lot of crossover so a simple link to the answer/thread/post and everything is good!

It's not (5 banning points awarded by a mod - insert favourite word about sex beginning with f here) rocket science? Although the ing at the end might be stone cold Olympic Ice skating 10!  

Rightsnet up dated not long ago and did a very good job of it. Here whilst I'm neither here nor there I'd love to see the disability impact study you did of this change???? 

• Like 2