• Tweets

• the letter simply says these are you accounts...ONE of them you are not paying..   not this one.   dx
    • Yep! I always thought I got that because the account I had then was Marrisota but when the marriage issues happened and back in 2015 when I was initially trying to get this all sorted out the “debt” paperwork was all JD Williams - aren’t they the “parent” company?   I will check the dates.    so do I stop paying while I do all the paperwork? 
    • Even though I’ve been paying them for this long?    I know you’re going to say something along the lines of “because they’re a bunch of muppets” but why are they doing this as if I’ve not been paying?   dx - I took the name and address out for privacy...
    • you didn't pay lidls the speculative invoice charge of £45.   the only connection to them is their head office signed their region up to have their local stores car parks managed by the scammers because they had been duped into thinking people that abuse their car parks cost the region xxx in lost shopping revenue because another shopper could have used it.   they never see any of the money these bandits gleam from people paying a speculative invoice off ever and annually get ripped off by paying the fleecers £10'000 each year to give them permission to manage their carparks. anyone that pays the money goes directly into the parking fleecers pockets.   however i understand you are new and green but part of a forum is also self help which relates to my comment about where did you ever get the idea to pay them from...certainly not here.   so lidls wont be doing and can't do anything further, they certain wont be interested in instructing their fleecers to refund you and can't and most certainly won't refund you themselves.   go do a chargeback   dx              
  • Our picks

• @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK - Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by Currys. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426151-samsung-75-8k-tv-completely-broken-by-currys/&do=findComment&comment=5069075
      • 6 replies
    • @skinnyfoodco Skinny Foods. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426130-skinny-foods/&do=findComment&comment=5068996
      • 8 replies
    • I’m in desperate need of help

I bought some clothes online in may through Evans and paid through PayPal
      returned them all seven days later

I waited the 14days for my refund and no refund came
      I put in a dispute through PayPal but I didn’t get any emails to escalate the case - PayPal closed it. 
      evans said they couldn’t refund the money because PayPal have cancelled the refund because of the open dispute

I contacted PayPal
      they said the dispute had been closed but Evans at no point had attempted a refund.
      fast forward to today

I’ve got copies of numerous messages sent to and from twitter messages as it’s the only way I can contact them
      I’ve also contacted their customer service too
      all I get is PayPal have cancelled refund because dispute is still open.

I have proved that the dispute is closed
      I have got an email saying that if Evans sent the refund they would accept it
      but up until the date I got the email they have not once attempted a refund .

I have sent them a letter before court email
      I have even offered to have the full refund as a gift card just to get this sorted !

I’m literally at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn next !

i suffer with mental health issues and this is affecting my health and I’d saved the money for a year to buy these clothes as I’m on a low income .
    • In desperate need of help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/425244-in-desperate-need-of-help/&do=findComment&comment=5067040
      • 29 replies

PPI Redress on Barclay Card to be revisited after FOS adjudication

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 573 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

In August 2018 I had my complaint against Barclay card upheld for my PPI Insurance held on my Barclay card from 1992 until 2004, the card continued without PPI from 2004 to 2011.

I was unhappy with the redress offered as I knew that this card would have had an average balance of around £2400 a month during the period up to 2004.

Barclay card offered me compensation which was inadequate. They stated as they had no records of my account previous to May 2004 (my PPI was stopped in April 2004, I found that to be a little too convenient that all my statements prior to May 2004 had gone missing), that they had created an offer based on historical averages for a typical customer. 

I wrote to Barclay Card asking them to reconstruct the balance on the card from Nov 1992 to Apr 2004 based on my spending patterns on the same card from May 2004 to Nov 2011. They refused to do so. As a consequence of this refusal I contacted the FOS. At the same time I raised a GDPR request which I received in due course with statements from May 2004.  I passed these statements to the FOS as part of their investigation.

I have now received the FOS adjudication. The adjudication states that Barclay Card have acted unfairly in this instance and need to reconstruct my credit account from 1992 to 2004 using an average balance of my card between Apr 2004 and Feb 2007 when my credit limit increased. They are to use the average balance and then work from that point.

My question is what methodology will they use as I can find nothing indicating how a calculation will be done  either on the FCA or FOS websites.

I do have a copy of the FCA Handbook 10/12 which has working examples of how to calculate PPI in most instances, but I am afraid not in this situation.

I would like to be able to work out what is likely to be a fair and reasonable offer from Barclay Card if and when it arrives.

see below

even give you the spreadsheets to use

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Sorry, I  think I am being a bit dim, i can't seem to find the spreadsheet you are referring to. I already have a spreadsheet which i have used to calculate redress where I have all the necessary statements. Unfortunately until I know what methodology  Barclaycard will use to reconstruct my credit card account when they appear not to have statements for, I am not sure that spreadsheet will suffice. The spreadsheet I have was constructed based on the example in the FCA handbook. 

it will be the PPI pence to £100 spent I expect

spreadsheets are in the very 1st post of link 1 

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...