• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Swift advances

duchess777
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 703 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I obtained a loan from swift in 2008 , I asked to borrow £25k to repay another loan ,

did not realise about Swift

when I eventually got the papers some years later they included £4k which they said they gave me in a cheque .

I informed them I have never had a cheque from them ,

they refuse to tell me where the cheque was cashed according to their records .

I claimed my PPI back from them

they said they can continue to charge me for it as I was in arrears and they did not have to take off the PPI as I was in arrears . 

I have paid them over £40k and they are seeking a resettlement figure of £67k.

can anyone help and advise please .

sounds about right for these sub prime lenders.

send them an SAR

get everything they have then we can unravel the web they always weave.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you so much . a company applied for a SAR on my behalf and I note that details are missing .

I asked for a settlement fee and came home to find they want £67k, for a loan of £25k, £4k for PPI

they refunded but keep charging interest and the cheque .

I have already paid them £38k  in total they want £105k.

how can this be . helpppppppp!!!!!!.

PS I am happy to donate to this site do tell me how .

what do you mean by a 'company' 

don't name them, but they wanted a fee to try and sort the mess out?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 11 months later...
  • BankFodder changed the title to hello – where is my Swift Advances thread?

It sounds to me as if you have gone to some kind of claims management company for help and that they are going to charge you a very hefty percentage of anything they recover.

one of these write off your mortgage companies no doubt

total waste of time

did you send a new sar

and they

we don't allow adverts if that's all you've come here to do please removed name

dx

and they

Hello 

first apologies , did not know I could not name the company .

I will apply for a SAR as they have told me that they will need a hundred and sixty two thousand and I have already paid £50k  in seven years to finish of my loan . for a loan of £25k without no proof of giving me a cheque  and PPI gone, they want how muchhhhhhhh

surely this cannot be right .

• 3 weeks later...

Hi 

I received my SAR from Swift , there is little information ,

I cannot believe after all these years that there is so little paperwork ,

also no mention of the cheque I have consistently asked about , 

after all these years I should have a lot more paperwork rather that fifteen pages mostly about my account and paperwork I signed .

can you assist .?

are the 30 days up yet?

it could be coming from various sources

but yes there should be note of it, poss in the account or comms log?

sometimes called manual intervention?

and they

Hi No the thirty days are not up yet I requested this last week and they sent the paperwork what is manual l l intervention , they stated if I required anything else to contact them I assumed this was all the paperwork they have.

regards

What you require from Swift is a full statement of account from day 1.

The way to get that with 100% of the transactional detail is to ask them for an 'Acutarial Account Summary Sheet', do not just ask for 'a Statement' use the aforesaid name specifically.

You also need it as an A5 sized document not A4 because an A4 (normal photocopy size) will not be easy to read as the type -face is too small.

That will give you the evidence of any monies in and out of the account, any costs applied any interest applied, the dates of same and solicitor costs (if any). Then you will see exactly what has been processed from day 1 through your account.

Swift's statements as such are useless for any decent analysis, but these Actuarial Account Summary Sheets will give you everything.

Now, going back to 2008. Can you tell me EXACTLY how your Agreement was set up?

Was it a Regulated Agreement under the terms of the Consumer Credit Act or an Unregulated Loan (shown at the top of the Agreement document)?

Was it exactly £25,000 or over or under?

Was the Loan for £25,000 Plus the PPI and how much PPI was there?

What other charges were added to the Agreement document and what was the total amount of the Loan on the Agreement?

Did Swift Pay you the full amount or did they pay the loan you had previously, directly themselves to that company and pay you the balance?

Was this Loan taken via a Broker?

Sorry to ask so many questions, but with Swift, the devil is in the detail.

There's no quick fix with Swift and they are happy to wait and watch your debt increase.  They have your home and they'll take it without a blink.

Edited by beentheregottheTshirt

Hello 

The agreement was arranged by a broker , I was not working at the time ,

they told me I could use a pay slip I previously had .

they visited me and to be honest I signed the form which I remember was not completed filled out ,

they said they would not return but will phone me when the loan was completed . 

I will send you the loan agreement and having a close look you will see the breakdown without the PPI and the missing cheque

the loan was under £25k.

The PPI was £4105.15.

Swift paid all the companies

I did not receive any money from them at all.

I have attached two files for you .

Regards

Duchess

cant see the files?

pop them up as PDF 

read upload carefully

dx

and they

If you are putting anything up on here make sure the whole personal detail is redacted so nobody can identify you. That includes the usual of names, addresses and personal detail, but also bar-codes and account numbers, date of the agreement etc as Swift troll these sites.

The least they know the better.

Thanks for earlier all acknowledged  

figures 

brokers fee  427.50

Mortgage 2,203.26

car loan  21.977.35

loan admin fee 35.00

PPI 4105.15

tele transfer fee  40.00

indemnity fee  135.00

Cheque  (never received )  4144.39

Amount of  credit  28365.00

total 32470.15

it would be far better to scan the full agreement inc the T&C's to one multipage PDF.

read upload carefully

dx

and they