TfL court summon for using fake 16+ pass

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1870 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I purchased fake Oyster card I have emailed soo much tfl seem to continue with the prosecution should I plead guilty and appear in court or plead guilty and let court settle 

For using fake 16+ oyster  card i have a court summon on Wednesday I am confuse if I should plead guilty by post or go in person 

you must always plead guilty in advance by post and always attend to show remorse.

else you run the risk of far greater monetary sums.

plus you might be able to settle OOC to the prosecutor on the day to avoid a record

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

17 hours ago, dx100uk said:

you must always plead guilty in advance by post and always attend to show remorse.

else you run the risk of far greater monetary sums.

plus you might be able to settle OOC to the prosecutor on the day to avoid a record

So I tried to email the court to reschedule the date so I can get a lawyer to plead with  tfl is that a good idea 

17 hours ago, dx100uk said:

waste of money a lawyer, 

whens the case?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

6 minutes ago, Vgc said:

6th March 

But I get a criminal record if i plead guilty 

Not necessarily.

Have you not read the fake card threads here? Sev have resulted in no record

What pleading letter did you send? To tfl

and they

I did send a pleading letter + mitigation but they rejected both as they said people that want to work in finance must be of good character and I didn’t potray that 

would it be at all possible to scan the rejections to your pleadings please AND the court case letter 

read upload PDF ONLY PLEASE

and they

so what reason did you give for purchasing the known fake card?

why did you do it?

if I were to be frank here , it you KNOWINGLY and PURPOSEFULLY got it to evade paying your full fare then up creek the with no paddle are you, 

pleading guilty and attending in person begging for leniency is the only way you'll ever stand a chance of not getting a criminal record.

and they

But every one gets the criminal record no matter if u go or not 

I asked for the court to reschedule so I can plead with tfl 

because the punishment is too much 

A criminal record is only if convicted - either by pleading guilty or by being found guilty at trial.

They will have sent a charge notice with the postal requisition - what exactly is the charge laid out in that ? The fine for fare evasion is up to £1000 - they could probably have hit you with a Fraud charge, which is far more serious and can involve jail time.

The court will not re-schedule a hearing to give you longer to discuss the matter unless there is some procedural or technical reason why the hearing cannot take place as planned - the court are under a duty to progress cases as effectively as possible.

If you plead guilty then, as a summary case, the Magistrates can deal with it there and then (There's no need for probation reports etc).  If you please not guilty then a trial would need to be scheduled.

Keep in mind that the costs of going to trial will be higher than pleading guilty on the first occasion as TfL will likely have to instruct a solicitor/counsel to represent them and they will seek to recover costs.  You also lose the 1/3rd reduction for not pleading guilty at the first instance.

Have the solicitors advise you of the likely outcome ? They should be aware of the local courts and what they are generally handing out by way of a penalty.

You're very lucky they haven't gone for one of the more serious offences but in the case of fare evasion the guidelines for sentencing cover from a conditional discharge (i.e we don't want to see you here again and stay out of trouble) to a low level community order.  The law allows up to 3 month imprisonment but the magistrates would be well outside their guideline figures to get anywhere near imprisonment.
https://www.sentencingcouncil.org.uk/offences/magistrates-court/item/railway-fare-evasion-revised-2017/

1 minute ago, Vgc said:

So you think I should take solicitors out of this and plead guilty 

the soliton said I have less chance  

It is a decision only you can make.

Personally I can't see you have much of a defence and so a guilty plea and then a plea in mitigation may be the best way to the lowest penalty but you need to way up the options, sensibly, and make your decision.

Edited by ss002d6252

already answered all  this is post 16

can you answer the questions there please

and they