labrat

Gdpr and debt question

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 229 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Just a quick one 

Daughter handed her mobile to me today to ask me who kept calling her

Turns out to be link, Cabot, bpo and a dozen others 

I've emailed them and politely given them 14 days to stop as it's an 11 year old phone and she's never going to answer

But quick question as their sending a stranger the debt owners full name and reference number how does this fit under gdpr? 

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

who's phone was it before hers?

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

It was a parents phone however its a new sim card so we suspect it's a recycled number - it's not a family debt, apart from the mortgage we have none

I assume that's the answer you were looking for and don't want the other ladies name

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

They may use the e'mail to harass you thinking you will cough up for a non related debt, if they do mention that they have provided you with full details of a third party debt  and that you are reporting them to ICO for breach of GDPR, further remind them  that the number has been recycled and now belongs to an 11 year old, and the DCA's are phoning an texting will be logged and a report made for Criminal Harassment for debt of an  11 year old for a third party debt.

You could phone them on your 11 year old's phone  and tell them that as this number is recycled and belongs to a minor they better remove it from their database,  as all further calls will be logged and they will be reported.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I think after years on here they would have a hard time pursuading me I'm liable for a strangers debt

If they get really mardy ill push gdpr again

Please note:

Yeh tell them to Foxtrot Oscar. as you think they shouldn't be harrasing a minor, and you have reported them to ICO, didn't think they woud faze you anyway labrat, you will more likely frighten them when you  go at them if they continue their stupidity once told to cease and desist.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

you need to report them to the phone service provider as well as the ICO. Also report them to the FCA for their improper activities.

General apologies from most of them so far, none of them mentioned the gdpr issue though 

Please note:

Just remind them that you are reporting them under GDPR for passing debt details to a third party who is a minor,  who they have made worried and frightened so police informed as well, as might be construed as "Grooming" that should give them a fright.

that would be a good one, report it as some perverts keep asking my 11 year old to do things for money

Most have removed it 

Apart from lowells who apparently want the claim number AND the other person's name and full current address... 

Idiots

Please note:

Oh and Cabot who have swapped from sending "we are looking for xxx xxx" to "we have a personal letter for you please click here to view it" 

Please note:

Keep all the texts etc and send them on and report them to  ICO, FCA police as continuation is harassment especially as it is causing distress to an 11 year old.   Give 'em hell Labrat.