• Tweets

• Hi Dave, Yep .... Will have to do AOS tomorrow .... Are you referring to CPR 31.14 Request?
    • I don't think I've ever seen someone appeal a mags court decision on fare evasion, JK, but as you say in this case TiredDodo has pleaded guilty. It is possible to challenge, as below. HB Appeal a magistrates’ court decision: Overview - GOV.UK WWW.GOV.UK How to challenge a decision by a magistrates' court. Including how to get a fine reviewed, if you did not know about your case, how to appeal to the...  
    • Update! I have now opened the mail from Barclaycard. I am assuming that their letters were prompted by my confirmation to them of my change of address, which I had advised them of twice. They are treating my change of address notification as a "General Data Protection Regulation Right of Access Request"  and state that I have made a "Right of Access Request. They are asking me to provide valid indentity documents! I have made no such request and am minded to ignore their request for extra information? I should add that their letters were sent to my correct current address!
    • Are you allowed to appeal if you plead guilty?   I know you appeal the sentence, but the criminal record formed from your guilt would surely remain?   I'm not sure if your able to appeal a crimianl record if you plead guilty are you?
    • DX: I did not pursue Link after I got the CCJ amended to monthly payments. Pretty sure the CCJ does not mention reviews, I do have the CCJ somewhere, I will have to look it up in storage. It is as mentioned on the thread you referenced  in your post #28. The Barclays loan was taken out in September 2004 for 60 months! Current Balance remaining approx £2K. On checking back my past correspondence with Barclaycard about this loan, there was a history of them ignoring my letters and offers to pay, and I even had problems in obtaining their bank account details for them to accept my payments! I have received strange correspondence from them too, one referring to insurance which I did not have. They seem very disorganised! Barclaycard told me to pay "Masterloan" a while back and I now receive regular statements and arrears notices from "Personal Loans from Barclaycard" clearly marked Masterloan, they changed the account reference number! I have never requested a CCA on this account. I advised them of my change of address last September, but they are still sending, until today, statements etc. to my old address! I have received 2 letters from Barclaycard Loan today though, not opened them yet!!
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

We Fight any Claim Claimform - for PPI Fees

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1828 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

Never thought I would have to return for this but here goes and this is my wife who has received this;

We Fight Any Claim - Claimants

Solicitors are "Stephens Wilmot Limited"

PoC As typed on the form.

(1) - The Defendant became a client of the Claimant, for the Claimant's services in obtaining PPI redress and agreed to the Claimants terms of business by signing a Letter of Engagement (the contract) on 2nd June 2017.

(2) - The Claimant procured an offer of compensation from Barclaycard of £4,181.22 (the compensation) which the defendant accepted.

(3) - Under the Contract the Defendant still owes £1,212.55 being a sum equal to 29% including VAT of the compensation.

(4) - Under the Contract the claimant invoice are payable when the defendant receives the compensation.

(5) - The defendant has failed to make payment in settlement of the claimant's invoice. The Claimant claims interest under s69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from 18/08/2017 to 27/02/2019 on £1,212.55 and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgement or earlier payment at a daily rate of £0.27.

I am about to acknowledge online and defend all to at least give us some time.

I know we wrote to We Fight any Claim back in 2017 as I did my own PPI claims and when we found that I was successful without having to pay out money to someone else - we wrote to cancel our accounts with We Fight and never heard a thing back from them until now.

There has been no pre court procedure or letters chasing or any kind of documentation from them.

We got our money from the various banks and enjoyed it. I still have a copy of the letters we both sent to We Fight.

Can someone pop on and give me a hand with this one please.

I promise it won't be as bad as the last one with my friend (shall he rest in peace).

Just to add a little more info as I have sourced the letters of cancellation we sent and they were sent on the 13th June 2017 (dated that same day) - sadly, it won't have been signed for post but they were never returned and all my envelopes are pre-printed with a business return address.

Thanks,

Pete

• dx100uk changed the title to We Fight any Claim Claimform - for PPI Fees

retitled for clarity and moved to Financial Legal legal forum.

can I clarify please....

she did this reclaim herself after you cancelled?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks DX. I actually did the work for her, she signed the letters sent and a couple of them went to the Ombudsman as well before settling. But in essence, yes, all of her own accord.

It looks like WFaC ignored the cancellation letter/s (I never signed a contract with them but they got two letters, one from my wife and one from me).

Oh and just to be clear for the thread, the claim has been AoS and Defend All.

Edited by peterjumpingjacks1

so in a nut shell you did everything. no involvement from them at all other than alerting you to the PPI being there?

when did you get the payment ?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

After the letter they sent which needed to be signed, we sent letters to cancel the agreement to their offices.

As I recall a payment was sent by cheque from Barclays at some point in August, WFaC have mentioned 18/08 and I would say that is about right for when it was received. We could get an exact date of it being banked being only 18 months back.

No, they did nothing at all as far as we know. We cancelled and never heard a single thing from them. I did all the leg work myself.

Easily defended ...what date is on the claim form ?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Defence is due 1st April ...very apt :classic_biggrin:

So you may need to get a CPR 31.14 off to them if you have not got copies of the following already...(marked in red)

(1) - The Defendant became a client of the Claimant, for the Claimant's services in obtaining PPI redress and agreed to the Claimants terms of business by signing a Letter of Engagement (the contract) on 2nd June 2017.

(2) - The Claimant procured an offer of compensation from Barclaycard of £4,181.22 (the compensation) which the defendant accepted.

(3) - Under the Contract the Defendant still owes £1,212.55 being a sum equal to 29% including VAT of the compensation.

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

well it's looking like they've done a pretty good job of that themselves without any help..🤣

can I just clarify something?

did she sign any authority to act letters?

if so when.

ideally these firms are supposed to get people to sign these so they can approach creditors and AFAIK it can't simply be done online or by phone it has to be a signed letter returned to them?

and they

This the CPR I have put together. Would you have a read over it as it's different from what I've done before so would be good to have another set of eyes on it please.

Cheers, Pete

Stephens Wilmot Limited                                                                                                                   

ADDRESS TO BE ADDED                              

02/03/2019

We Fight any Claim ‘v’ &&&&&&&&&&&&& - Case No: 88888888

CPR 31.14 Request

On 01/03/19 I received the Claim Form in this case issued by you out of the Northampton County Court Business Centre.

I confirm having returned my acknowledgement of service to the court in which I indicate my intention to contest all of your claim. 

Please treat this letter as my request made under CPR 31.14 for the disclosure and the production of a verified and legible copy of each of the following document(s) mentioned in your Particulars of Claim:

1: The true signed and dated original letter of engagement (the contract) on 02nd June 2017.

2: The true signed and dated original letter of offer of compensation from Barclaycard of £4,181.22 (the compensation) which the defendant accepted.

3: A true signed and dated contract that documents the sum of £1,212.55 being a sum equal to 29% including VAT of the compensation.

Although your claim is for a sum which is not more than £10,000.00 and will in all likelihood be allocated to the small claims track for determination upon my delivering a defence, at this moment in time I have not delivered my defence and the case has not been allocated to a track. In consequence the provisions of CPR 27(2) are of no effect and you should not seek to avoid compliance with your CPR 31 duties by claiming otherwise.

You should ensure compliance with your CPR 31 duties and ensure that the document(s) I have requested are disclosed at your earliest convenience. Your CPR 31 duties extend to making a reasonable and proportionate search for the originals of the documents I have requested, the better for you to be able to verify the document's authenticity and to provide me with a legible copy. Further, where I have requested a copy of a document, the original of which is now in the possession of another person, you will have a right to possession of that document if you have mentioned it in your case. You must take immediate steps to recover and preserve it for the purpose of this case.

Where I have mentioned a document and there is in your possession more than one version of that same document owing to a modification, obliteration or other marking or feature, each version will be a separate document and you must provide a copy of each version of it to me. Your obligations extend to making a reasonable and proportionate search for any version(s) to include an obligation to recover and preserve such version(s) which are now in the possession of a third party.

In accordance with CPR 31.15(c) I undertake to be responsible for your reasonable copying costs incurred in complying with this CPR 31.14 request.

If you are unable to comply with this request and believe that you will never be able to comply with this request please confirm this in your response.

I remind you that the timescale for sending this information is 14 DAYS from the date of this letter.

Why are you signing forms and posting.....use the On Line Portal MCOL...no postage far more secure.

Instructions contained in the claim pack

I did it online Andy, but not thinking I put my name in the bottom box where the defendant signs electronically. My mistake, unfortunately it can't be changed online so it will have to be signed manually and posted but it'll be in the first class tomorrow. :D

:thumb: Everything must be in the defendants name....from here on.

• 2 weeks later...

Afternoon all,

First draft of defence, would someone have a wee look over it and cast any thoughts. I'm not sure about the part at (e)?

Feel free to be as honest and straight as usual... :D

Pete,

Particulars of claim for cross reference only

As typed on the form.

(1) - The Defendant became a client of the Claimant, for the Claimant's services in obtaining PPI redress and agreed to the Claimants terms of business by signing a Letter of Engagement (the contract) on 2nd June 2017.

(4) - Under the Contract the claimant invoice are payable when the defendant receives the compensation.

(5) - The defendant has failed to make payment in settlement of the claimant's invoice. The Claimant claims interest under s69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from 18/08/2017 to 27/02/2019 on £1,212.55 and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgement or earlier payment at a daily rate of £0.27.

Defence

"The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR 16.5(3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.

(1)    The Defendant notes the opening sentence referring to the defendant becoming a client of the claimant.

(2)    The Defendant accepts that a compensation award was received directly from BarclayCard but not due to any involvement from the claimant

(3)    The Claimant alleges that a sum of £1,215.55 is owed. This is denied.

(4)    The Defendant denies any contract exists between the claimant and defendant and sets out the defence below.

The Defendant denies owing any monies to the Claimant or interest pursuant to the County Courts Act 1984.

The Defendant is unaware of what account or contract the Claimant now refers having failed to particularise it’s claim.

The defendant denies owing any monies to the Claimant and the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

(a)    Disclose how the Defendant has entered into a legal signed agreement with the Claimant on 02nd June 2017; and

(b)    Disclose how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed by providing all receipts, letters, contracts and documents that document the time spent on alleged claim; and

(c)    Disclose the true, signed and dated letter of offer from Barclaycard of £4,181.22;

(d)    Disclose how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim;

(e)    The Defendant and husband wrote to the Claimant on 13th June 2017 cancelling all contracts between them. This was via Royal Mail and deemed delivered as the letters were not returned. This was within the 14 day “cooling off” period, defined within the Claimants own contract.

(f)      The Defendant pursued BarclayCard and other previous lenders and obtained PPI Redress directly.

(g)    On receipt of this claim the Defendant requested by way of CPR31.14 request for copies of any documents referred to within the Claimants particulars to establish what the claim is for within the 14 day period by way of signed for letter. To date they have failed to comply with the CPR31.14 request.

As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5(4), it is expected the Claimant prove the allegation the money is owed.

The Claimant has not complied with paragraph 3 of the Pre Action Protocol. Failed to serve a letter of claim, pre-claim pursuant to PAPDC changes of the 1st October 2017 and made claim with no attempt to ascertain facts or settle the matter before court action. It is respectfully requested that the court take this into consideration pursuant to 7.1 PAPDC.

By reason of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief."

Fine Peter although I have changed " Show " to " Disclose " and amended (2)    The Defendant accepts that a compensation award was received directly from BarclayCard but not due to any involvement from the claimant

Andy

• 3 weeks later...

Update - Defence submitted online Wed 27 March 19

Form N180 Directions received received today. Filled in for mediation and served on all parties today. We Fight tried calling my wife yesterday, she couldn't answer but they text asking to speak to her about her defence before they submit their directions. Pretty much verbatim - I said not to take any calls from them or phone them until I've been back here. Good idea to get in touch do you think or leave it as is and see what comes out of the mediation?

No writing only

and they

• 2 weeks later...

We've just got back from Holiday and found a letter from them with the heading "Re: YOUR COMPENSATION".

They have included letters of authority for my wife and also myself (bizarrely) for us to sign and return in their pre-paid envelope.

They haven't sent anything in relation to the CPR Request!! This doesn't appear to have come from the solicitor dealing with it as there is no letter included with the usual rubbish most of them write.

I'm wondering if they may be struggling to actually find a signed copy and trying it on... Hence to say, we won't be signing them and returning anything.

Also, they haven't even included Barclays as one of the creditors... How odd. 🤣 

• dx100uk changed the title to We Fight any Claim Claimform - for PPI Fees