BankFodder BankFodder

dj0nes

Unpaid car finance on crashed car

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 334 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hey Guys

Brief summary: Finance took out in 2016 on £10,000 car - paying back £14,500 on a 'hire purchase agreement' with Marsh Finance.
I have paid over 1/3rd
Last payment made December 2017
Defaulted on May 2018
Since then I have had NO communication from then asking for payment or return of vehicle or any county court documents etc.

The car itself I actually crashed in Feb 2018, and stupidly I didn't declare a previous speeding conviction so my insurance paid out to the third party but not to me (Yes totally my own fault I know)
The car is worth about £7k at the moment (without the damage) and I can have it repaired for about £1k - the car is currently in my garage without tax or mot.

I am wondering what to do next, it's very odd that they haven't contacted me about the car, I didn't even receive an annual statement from them which I thought by law they had to send?

My dilemma is do I fix the car up and start using it again or shall I contact them first and let them know what's happened? (They don't know it's been involved in an accident).

I have buried my head in the sand on this one purely down to financial reasons, so it's all my own doing I am not looking for any sympathy just some guidance on what to do, my financial situation has greatly improved now to the extent where I can afford to fix the car and continue the monthly payments plus chipping away at the arrears but I don't want to contact them and have them then immediately start legal action to recover car as at the moment it's almost like they've forgotten about it.

what does your credit file say?

have you moved since getting the CAR..>>

They are reporting it as a default every month since May 2018, nope same address, same telephone number same everything.

Forget the calendar section

Is it defaulted in the summary with a date?

Yup, it was actually defaulted 22/01/2018 according to the credit report. 

Good. well they can't do anything without a court return of goods order