Double Yellow Lines appear whilst I was at work

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1866 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I came back from work yesterday to find that there are double yellow lines outside my council house and around the corner. I assume the council put them there (they look like they've been painted by someone after a heavy liquid lunch) the lines are 55mm wide the the cap between them varies from 30mm to 70mm. As I'm near the end of the terrace, the lines start outside my house, go up the road and around the bend, going up that road.

My questions are:-

1) Should the council advertise that the lines are being put there prior to painting

2) Should there be parking restriction signs to accompany these lines

3) Should these lines confirm to a standard for the to be legal

4) Should there be plans lodged somewhere to state the how far these lines come down the straight bit of road after the bend

As always, thanks in advance

EOS-5D

CAG Toolbar downloaded :D

• 2 weeks later...

there are also regulations for the width and the gap between the lines so the council might be sending someone round to do them again. If you have an objection to the lines it might delay their actual implementation a bit if they are unenforceable

7 hours ago, ericsbrother said:

there are also regulations for the width and the gap between the lines so the council might be sending someone round to do them again. If you have an objection to the lines it might delay their actual implementation a bit if they are unenforceable

Long shot. They would need to be pretty bad for that sort of thing to affect their validity.