Horizon ANPR PCN - Water Gardens Harlow Essex.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1868 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Long story short,

I used the car park and then paid before I left however I still received a parking charge notice.

Is there anything I can do to appeal this?

I have not contacted Horizon Parking as of yet, I haven't appealed either.

Below are some info you might need:

• The parking works by you entering your reg number to a parking metre/display before LEAVING and then paying the amount it states on the screen.
    I paid the amount it said and then left within 5 minutes of paying.

• I paid by cash so I don't have bank proof.

• I don't have any receipts as I accidentally misplaced them.

• My reg number was correct as I always double check and it tells me the sum on the screen.

• The entering/leaving time on the letter are correct.

• I am yet to appeal, the only communication I have received is the letter I have attached to this.

Is there anything I can do to win an appeal?

Will ignoring them work?

I would appreciate any help. Thank you very much.

imagetopdf (5) (1).pdf

Is that a NTK?

Did you get a windscreen ticket or was it ANPR?

Also, dont appeal. its totally pointless.

Edited by renegadeimp

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

hey the old flatty carpark..

know it well.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

1 Date of the infringement: 01/02/19

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date]: I have only received a parking charge notice as of yet.

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] N/A

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? There's photos of me going in and out the car park.

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] No.

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up

7 Who is the parking company? Horizon Parking

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town]: Water Gardens Shopping Centre, Harlow.

Ok. So the infraction happened at the start of feb. What date did you recieve that letter? Ignore the date on the bottom of it

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

So theyre just in time. No reference to POFA either. Can you get photos of signage?

Did you actually pay for parking? Do you have proof? This company likes to say people havent paid when in fact they have, but leave it till the last moment to send the letter as they know you wont have the ticket anymore.

Google maps doesn't show inside the parking and I live 15 miles away so I can't get pics of it today but within this week is a possibility.

I did pay for the parking, if I didn't pay and I received the fine I would have paid for it. That's what's annoying me as I paid for the parking.

I do not have proof anymore as I misplaced it.

Thanks again

Edited by Andyorch
Paras

If you can grab signage from the entrance and signage where you parked, it would help a lot.

Dont worry about timeframes.

Their silly timeframes have no basis in reality.

Any appeal you make you save for further action down the road.

You let them waste their money on silly DCA's, fake solicitors like gladstones ( all the same company) or any far fetched court action

Its also not a fine. In any sense of the word. Its a speculative invoice that theyre chancing their arm with.

Only the police/courts and local authority can issue fines.

thread tidied title updated for clarity

just type!!

no need to hit reply with quote everytime

I would suspect the reg number was wrong.

not your problem though

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

@reneg - Thanks for the information. Might I ask, how will photos of the signage help? Are we looking out for certain words/phases?

@dx100uk, thanks! What do you mean by not my problem? What can I do if they send letters etc saying to pay? How do I prove that I paid?

Signage needs to be a certain size, has to be lit, contain certain information, cant have all the terms in tiny writing etc, and cant have a prohibitive instruction on it.

And if they send letters saying to pay, you ignore them.

Relax, have a read of other threads on here. Youll soon see exactly how they operate and what you need to do. They rely purely on scare tactics. Don't fall into their trap.

Edited by renegadeimp

Not your problem their anpr system and payment system cant work out a mystery payment and a car and payment timings at the gate that match must be their mistake...

and they

experts will advise further in the coming days when they see this thread.

and they

Do t worry for now. There's no rush at all. Get that signage when you're able to.

They usually take months or longer to do anything like get a a silly dca to try and scare you.

They generally have a go a couple of months or more down the line, by then by following the advice on here you will have the ammunition to blow them out of the water.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

did you buy anything there?

If so you tell them about your problem and let them know that you will be returning every item as you are being overcharged as a result of this incorrect demand.

Ask for the number of the site management so you can speak directly to them about the broken ticket machine as you are not going to take this up with Horizon as they are clearly not competent to deal with anything.

Also when did this demand arrive?

I also note the blurb on the signs on google and that gives a clue about what may have gone wrong as there is reference to the bay number so it appears as though they track the use of each bay.

If someone leaves a shopping trolley over the sensor then someone may be charged for parking there when they had long gone or conversely be charged for a period before they arrived.

If the place is local some decent pictures of the signage would go down well as so far it isnt clear what you were offered and what could have gone wrong.

unfortunately they wont belive a word you say as far as appeals go as they ahve forked out money to send you a demand so they wont just drop it.

Edited by dx100uk
merge

• 3 weeks later...

so just a grubby sign on a back wall somewhere.

Now what about signage at the ENTRANCE to the private land from the public highway?

This is the first thing we ask for as can be seen from most other posts on private parking.

Now I appreciate that you weren't asked for this specifically so we need to know the exact address or postcode so we can have a look at the aerial images and entrance for ourselves.

The wording of the NTK doesnt state that the driver is liable and they can then rely on the POFA to create a keeper liability, they seem to insinuate that you are liable and need to do somehting to make the driver responsible.

This is wrong but isnt likely to be a silver bullet unless you get a very pedantic judge who is fed up with so called professionals just being lazy or sloppy.

Ok, bloody great entrance and no signage whatsoever to indicate that you are going to be obliged to obey a third party's scribble. I short the sigange you have posted up is inadequate to offer a contract so you can park there and not have to bother with obeyng their rules.

Waht to do? continue to ignore them and let them waste their money chasing you. When they get to a serious threat then you tell them what a waste of space they are and how there was no contract so you cnat owe them money for breaching it.

Until then anything you say will be ignored as they are too thick to know what is what and too greedy to care anyway. If you want to moan at the managers of the centre then by all means do so. They wont do anything about one complaint but if they ahev had hundreds then they might look into the malpractice of their servants