• Tweets

• Change the rules now, and set a precedent for ever.
    • I think it is too difficult for any party leader to negotiate withdrawal from the EU on their own. It will always be a cross party task, unless there is a General Election and the country gave the the Tories a big majority. But at the moment that is very unlikely.
    • Can anyone help me. I am stuffed.    PayPal allowed me to deposit £4.4k into a gambling website when I had no cash in my bank.    It was the final straw and so I came clean with the wife and joined GA.    I didn't even think to search on the internet, despite how wrong Paypal's actions seemed to me.   This was a few weeks ago and I suffer with depression and anxiety, so all of this just crushed me.   I wake up every day and literally beat myself up.   After a lot of intervention and love I am able to lift my head out of the sand and address what has happened.    Here's the issue:  My wife was getting texts from Nationwide daily saying '£1,700 is due out of your account tomorrow' and so she found the money, and transferred it in.    We took on debt of £3k and Paypal have managed to get their hands on c£4k.    My Paypal balance is now -£420.   I initially posted this in the wrong place and dx kindly offered some advice.    yes I would get all the payments back from NW under chargeback and remove that account as a payment method to PP as well as you say via CPA..   I am not embarrassed to say that I don't understand how this works and the call to the bank is filling me with dread.    What do I need to say to the bank when requesting a charge back? Does this fall under unauthorised transactions?   PayPal aren't letting me remove the bank as a payment method atm.   Trying to not get my hopes up as this would be so huge for me and my family.    Truly grateful for any help.    Pierre  
    • Thank you so much for the reply and apologies for swearing. Will start a new topic.   Pierre
    • you need to create a new topic of your own please   hit create in the top red banner. please don't swear either..post above edited.   yes I would get all the payments back from NW under chargeback and remove that account as a payment method to PP as well as you say via CPA..   dx  
  • Our picks

• Future Comms issues. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416504-future-comms-issues/
      • 3 replies
    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies
    • The FSA has announced large fines against DB UK Bank Limited (trading as DB Mortgages) - DeutscheBank and also against Redstone for their unfair treatment of their customers.
      Please see the links below for summaries and full details from the FSA website.
      It is now completely clear that any arrears charges which exceed actual administrative costs are unfair and therefore unlawful.
      Furthemore, irresponsible lending practices are also unfair and unlawful.
      Additionally there are other unfair practices including unarranged counsellor visits - even if they have been attempted.
      You are entitled to refuse counsellor visits and not incur any charges.
      Any charges for counsellor visits must not seek to make profits. The cost of the visits must be passed on to you at cost price.
      We are hearing stories of people being charged for counsellor visits for which there is no evidence that they were even attempted.
      It is clear that some mortgage lenders are trying to cheat you out of your money.
      You should ascertain how much has been taken from you and claim it back. The chances of winning are better than 90%. It is highly likely that the lender will attempt to avoid court action and offer you back your money.
      However, you should ensure that you receive a proper rate of interest and this means that you should be seeking at least restitutionary damages - which would be much higher than the statutory 8%.
      Furthermore, you should assess whether the paying of demands for unlawful excessive charges has also out you further into arrears and if this has caused you further penalties in terms of extra interest or any other prejudice. This should be claimed as well.
      If excessive unlawful charges have resulted in your credit file being affected, then you should take this into account also when working out exactly what you want by way of remedy from the lender.
      You should consult others on these forums when considering any offer.
      You must not make any complaint through the Ombudsman. your time will be wasted, you will wait up to 2 yrs and there will be a minimal 8% award of interest and no account will be taken of any other damage you have suffered.
      You must make your complaint through the County Court for a rapid and effective remedy.

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Library/Communication/PR/2010/120.shtml
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/redstone.pdf
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/db_uk.pdf

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/consumerinformation/firmnews/2011/db_mortgages.shtml
      Do you have a mortage arears claim to make? Then post your story on the forum here
      • 0 replies
StefanPW

Mercedes used car mis sold

Hi I Â’m new to this Site!

It was highly recommended to me by a good friend who’d benefited from advice on the site.

moving on to my issues with Mercedes Benz!

Purchase date of my used Mercedes end of June 2018.

mileage on date of purchase approx 34000 miles.

sold by authorised Mercedes dealership in Southend-on-Sea advertising full Mercedes Benz service history.

price paid £12895.

No finance.

Paid in full.

Thats the basics regarding the sale.

I test drove the car several days before completing the purchase.

Having previously owned a Mercedes E-Class i was able to compare its drivability to that and all seemed pretty good.

I raised some issues that I wanted addressed before completion of the sale.

Brakes felt a little soft - dealership agreed to rectify.

Minor dents to body work - dealership agreed to remove.

Front passenger side tyre uneven wear and splits in outer wall - dealership agreed to replace.

Aftermarket satnav installtion agreed with dealership as part of sale.

On collection of the vehicle it had been polished and prepared as expected.

I had no reason to doubt the agreed works hadn’t been completed as agreed.

I completed the hand over process.

I was not shown the historical service or MOT’s records at any stage.

The sale representative stated that the vehicle was recently serviced, MOT’d, was originally sold by them and they knew the history of the vehicle.

Id asked a little more when I was advised I would be the 3rd keeper of the vehicle.

He advised me the vehicle had been on PCP finance twice which had been terminated and the vehicle returned to them but was clear if finance.

I had no reason to doubt any of the information presented to me.

The handover was completed and I left in the vehicle.

In summary since taking ownership of the vehicle I have experienced poor level of after care,

I’ve found a variety of issues with the vehicle and despite many emails to the dealership I rarely received an answer back.

One major issue was the gearbox which would judder on deceleration.

The car was 6 years old on collection with approximately 34000 miles.

I had subsequently found out that Mercedes recommend the gear box for this vehicle type should had a transmission fluid change at 5 years or 70,000 miles.

There was nothing in the vehicles history to show this had been done.

It cost me £350 to get this done at Bishops Stortford Mercedes.

Southend Mercedes ignored my emails in relation to this issue and never once responded.

It was only when I took the car in for this fluid change I found out the vehicle had an outstanding recall from 2016.

Mercedes Southend would have known about this because it’s on the vehicles electronic records and they supplied two letters from Mercedes in the paperwork yet they didn’t carry out this remedial works before they supplied it to me.

Following a series of issues with the vehicle I had become very dissatisfied with the Mercedes brand.

Having just bought a Mini for my wife I decided to part exchange my vehicle for a similar vehicle.

I enquired about a couple of vehicles with dealerships across the UK and sent them the details of my vehicle to get a part exchange value.

To my horror I was contacted by both dealers questioning the vehicles MOT history.

I was advised that the mileage between 2015-2016 had gone down and not up.

I was asked if I had supporting service records that would support this was a mistake.

I then discovered looking at the paperwork supplied by Mercedes that the service history was not with Southend Mercedes as they’d indicated it was but a 3rd party garage.

The service history in fact supported the mileage had gone backwards between 2015-2016.

The history is as below

Mot -

2015 - mileage 21293

2016 - mileage 13662

2017 - mileage 31552

mercedes didn’t give me the April 2018 certificate.

service history mileage.

2014 - 16107 Mercedes

2015 - 21293 carried out same date as MOT - 3rd party garage

2016 - 13662 carried out same date as MOT - 3rd party garage

2017 - 31549 carried out same date as MOT - 3rd party garage

to anyone one looking at the history of the vehicle there would be concerns regarding the vehicles history.

Mercedes policy is to visually check the odometer and check the ECU and print out the mileage information prior to resale.

I have ask the dealership to provide this but as yet this has not been supplied.

even if they provide this information it’s my view the vehicle has been mis sold.

The service history was not with Mercedes as I was informed.

I wasn’t given the most recent MOT certificate from 2018 which would list all the previous MOT mileage data.

If presented to me at the time it would have highlighted the inconsistent mileage.

Ive been informed by two dealerships that they will not buy my vehicle based on the error on the MOT regardless of any data provided by Mercedes.

The mistake recorded on the MOT cannot be changed.

All records are electronic and final.

Southend Mercedes have been dismissive about the issue just stating it’s clearly a mistake.

Mistake or not I now have a vehicle I cannot sell and was mis sold to me by an approved Mercedes dealership.

I have contacted Mercedes head office in Milton Keynes raising to raise a complaint.

Their response is pending.

Am I wrong to expected a full refund?

Am I wrong to expect Mercedes to refund my service, gearbox fluid and replacement tyre costs for a vehicle I wouldn’t have purchased if they’d presented the full history to me?

I believe 110% that Mercedes Southend have breached the contract of sale for this vehicle and failed to adhere to Mercedes own values.

Having read a few things on the net Mercedes could offer me a like for like replacement.

I don’t want any further dealings with this brand.

If they do try to offer me this as a solution can I reject this offer and demand the compensation I want?

In 1998 I owned a used Ford KA which was about 18 months old.

After 6 months ownership I was giving the car a good clean and noticed a parts sticker on the rear axle which was dated about a month before I bought the car.

I was concerned I’d been sold a car by ford that may have received a significant repair.

They were fantastic taking the car back without any hesitation.

They gave me the choice of similar vehicles, higher spec and less mileage!

So far all I’ve had from Mercedes is them trying to squirm out of their responsibilities to rectify this situation.

I’ve been passed to 3 different managers in the two days since I raised the complaint.

No one wants to take positive action to resolve the situation!

Sorry this his was a long post but I’m incensed by Mercedes Southend poor customer care!

Any advice or input on the matter would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Stefan.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

moved to the vehicle retailers forum

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

Give them pressure and you'll get your money back.

This mileage discrepancy is not best advertisement for mercedes and if found that the car has been clocked it's downright fraudulent.

In any case, they sold you a non resellable car because of the dodgy mileage.

Anyone with a bit of sense would stay well clear from this car, so you are at a substantial loss.

Get down to business, demand a full refund and get the ceo involved.

Threaten them to contact mercedes in Germany, trading standards, consumer direct, the army, the pope and anyone who has ever accessed the internet.

They'll give you the money back.

Much more easily, if you paid by credit card you can do a simple section 75 and get all of your money back, even if only part payment was made by cc

Please fill in your quit date here