• Tweets

• Surprisingly they don't mention AT ALL the other times of usage.    It says tfl byelaws bla bla.. Then the last paragraph is "An application will be made in court for a *** contribution towards the costs of TFL. There will also be an application of *** in respect of the fare avoided. Further costs may be incurred if additional docs are required or the matter is not resolved at the earliest opportunity".    The last sentence is interesting. Leaving it open to an OOC on the day? 
    • On the fiat it should be around 4-5 years so certainly due. It could already have been done and if offered with a full service history it should be noted.  I would get it done if there is no evidence. Expect about £500 from a dealer or £300 from an indi  check the service book. They normally show when it need to be done mileage/time
    • no don't call them. you say they DONT mention at all the other times of usage? usually it will say byelaw bla bla  and in the statement say and XXX other times counted to [no.] being TIC if you plead guity and attend which you MUST do
    • Thank you for clearing that up BazzaS.   I am under the assumption that the other offences are TIC given the fact that I admitted the period of use (5 months) in my first letter which gave my explanation of events. In response to my first letter, they decided to prosecute me for the single offence (under the byelaws).    I will call them to double check on this though.     
    • Thank you for your help. I do understand and I can see how it looks to tax credits however they aren’t telling me exactly what evidence they have. When I called them last week (haven’t spoke to the compliance team since) he said there is strong evidence but didn’t say what and then asked me what doctors he uses? I said I have no idea as I don’t.   do you think I should contact them again and explain everything again and also about the universal credit claim and what they advised? Just feel I’m gonna be in the wrong no matter what I do now as it’s either do a joint claim but he ain’t here in that capacity or do a single claim but risk it being investigated again due to him using this address.
  • Our picks

• Future Comms is a Big Con. How to get out of it. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/417058-future-comms-is-a-big-con-how-to-get-out-of-it/
        • Thanks
      • 4 replies
    • Future Comms issues. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416504-future-comms-issues/
      • 5 replies
    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies
bigljelly

Fraud accusation. Cifas Marker

I took a telephone contract out in 2015 and had issues with the provider from the onset and entered into a dispute which lasted several years before finally taking my case to the ombudsman which I won and the provider was deemed to have mis-sold the contract.

All adverse on my credit file was wiped clean. The provider also accused me of face to face category six fraud and entered my details onto the National Fraud Database which has caused me untold grief and countless sleepless nights amongst other hardships. This is not dealt with by the Ombudsman services and was made clear by the Ombudsman that this is a criminal offence/accusation outside their jurisdiction.

I believe that I can now take legal action for false accusations of fraud as this has not been included in the Ombudsman rulings and the contract that I was accused of fraudulent activity on has now been deemed mis-sold and void.

Does anyone have any views or experience on this type of case and is it the type of case that should take the small claims court route or maybe high court. Constructive comments would be most appreciated.

WHat operator was it. What was the reason they said you committed fraud?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I've sent you an email, could you look out for it please?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I have checked with Cifas through the SAR process, and it was filed as Fraud, Cifas have recently advised me that they have now removed it. I haven't checked the other two registers and maybe I should, is it usual to be filed on more than one register, thanks for replying Andy,

Regards,

BJ

CIFAS is the main Fraud Prevention Service which you will normally be registered on.

However send a DSAR to each above.

CIFAS will tell you the entry information and why it was added.

NHunter will provide info on applications going back 6 years that was checked for Fraudulent Activity.

I dont know what Synthetics hold because they are relatively unknown however I would still send a DSAR nontheless...

The Telecomms Company was EE. The reason for placing the marker was evasion of payment. This was endorsed by Cifas as I have previously explained and the Contract that I signed was deemed missold by the Ombudsman at a later date therefore I conclude there was no evasion of payment. I did refuse to pay at the time as I knew I was mis sold, it just took a long time to prove it. I do not wish to go into further detail at the moment but I do have all the evidence to fully support any legal action. I just do not know which route to take. Thank you for your response,

Regards,

BJ

The route you take is what do you deem as the damage done and what losses have you suffered ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Yes, Interesting comment. Five years of distress and serious inconvenience, refused banking facilities on at least five occassions from high street facilities although I only have evidence of two and only one of those has said refusal due to Cifas marker. Threat of loss of business bank account and therefore all income, countless manhours researching, writing letters etc. Stigma, embarresment. The list is getting bigger by the day as I recall events however I am no expert in law as you will probably have gathered but any help and advise is welcome. Thank you for your response,

BJ

im having the same issue with EE, can i ask how you got them to remove the marker?

32 minutes ago, Djmarkydee1981 said:

im having the same issue with EE, can i ask how you got them to remove the marker?

Hi DJ, I took the Ombudsman route for misselling in the first instance and the Ombudsman upheld my case, I then advised CIFAS that I was considering legal action for false accusation of fraud against EE and they quite sharply removed the marker. I cannot believe that you intended to commit an act of fraud and you may also have been missold, these orginisations are, I believe, acting in a dis-proportionate manner and using the National Fraud Database for consumer disputes are ridiculous and I would consider small claims court for false accusations. You can PM me for further discussions if you wish and good luck with your fight.

• Thanks 1

With your post counts, you won't be able to PM each other, but there's nothing wrong with having an anonymised discussion on here. Anything confidential can be passed via one of the site team, but this often isn't necessary.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

I have a cifas misuse of facility from EE dated some 6 years back and cannot open a bank account as a result. Who do I contact to remove this

you need to create a new topic of your own please

hit create in the top red banner

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

Apologies thanks will do