happycaravan

SAR - Santander & Dorothy Perkins

Hi

I am helping a friend out with a PPI claim and have sent off the SAR to Santander back in January. This was in respect of an old Dorothy Perkins storecard account she held some years ago. They have replied and provided:

CCA's for each account, we requested one and they have sent info for 3 (some of which she had forgotten she had)

Lists of transactions - these are mainly internal info and not something useful to us as it seems to be a list of dates and codes (account notes)

The letter says available copy statements are enclosed where applicable - but none are

Also says that Copies of any correspondence is enclosed but again - there is none enclosed.

There is one page which says they no longer hold any information on this account - however they do state an account number.

My question is how do we go about finding out the specifics of PPI itself if they only provide the above information? They haven't provided any statements at all (i know they don't have to - and my friend no longer has them) so we have no way of knowing if and what the amounts of PPI added to the accounts were.

I would be really grateful if someone could advise my next course of action.

Many thanks

you say January ….when? they have 30days

it might be a partial completion.

as for the store cards, I bet all those will have been with GE Money, you'll not get anything out of those nor any information I bet sadly.

there has been greater success going after the PPI insurance underwriters on these types of cards once PPI is established in each case

most if not all old GE Money stores cards did have PPI automictically unless you specifically stated at time of sign up in the relevant store you didn't want it as the sales staff got a hansom commission out of you for signing you up in that era.

you might also find it worthy to investigate plevin claims if going for the PPI premiums proves fruitless

for that all you need is proof the account existed and had PPI, you don't need the statements for a plevin hidden commission claim

but whichever way you go ONLY use the FOS questionnaire in the FCA PPI webportal ink.

don't use resolver or any 'OC on webite PPI click links'

Hi there,

We sent the SAR off on the 10th January and they have replied within the 30 days. You are correct the account was with GE Capital, I have heard of Plevin but not had any experience of it personally - is it quite straight forward to do? I will have a search on the forums later when i'm home from work. I have done my own PPI claims in the past but its a while ago so i was a bit sketchy when i started looking into this for my friend - she's recently beaten breast cancer and I would love to give her a boost, maybe claim enough for a break for the family. Thats my hope anyway.

Thank you so much for your advice its much appreciated

I called round to collect some more paperwork last night, which had arrived as a result of the SAR's I had sent back in January. I sent 5 in total to various companies... 

The latest two to respond are barclays and grattan and there is so much info - lots of statements to go through dating back to 1999 and both clearly showing PPI. My question is do i now need to trawl through each statement to complete the interest spreadsheets etc to find out how much they have charged or is there a form to complete i.e. a quicker way? for Barclays there must be at least 600 pages!! 

The Barclays statements have thrown up even more routes to go down... one car loan she forgotten she had for instance. So thats the next course of action. But its knowing whether to do the SAR or complete the online PPI claim form for that company? 

As always your help is very much appreciated.

H x

always stick by the tried and tested method.

don't forget credit cards use the CISHEET until their int stopped then that total goes into the statint sheet

spreadsheets and fos questionnaire 

Ok thanks for that I will make a start - with the deadline looming i just wondered if there was a quicker route as i didn't want to delay things if there was. 

For any who haven't responded within the 30 days is there another letter we need to send out?

I know you mentioned that the GE maybe a partial completion - the letter didn't mention that anything was to follow, is that usual? Do i need to write to them to confirm/request more info? 

sorry for all the Q's...

Hi again,

I spent most of yesterday with my friend going through statements from one of the SAR requests I’d sent on her behalf and it seems we have a good case of 20 years worth of overdraft protection so that’s my next task.

Am I right in thinking I use the same spreadsheet as I would for PPI for this one? 

Whilst going through the paperwork we found that one company haven’t responded to the SAR.

How do we proceed with that?

One company had written and asked her to call to confirm a change of address which she did, and she’s heard nothing since!!! So I need to chase that too but I’m not sure how to. 

I’d be grateful of any advise to both questions as always 

the statements have also shown a large amount of bank charges, between £22-£30 per time.

Is it still possible to reclaim these and if so do I need to use the same spreadsheet again? ( Ppi

thank you 😊 

Edited by happycaravan

typically its the CISHEET until they stopped their int , then 8% statint on that whole sum till settled on both

whos failed the sar why didn't she sent CTAX bill if moved

Thanks for the reply

- the statements I refer to are from Barclays and show purely overdraft protection until they changed its name to ppi protection around 2014.

I’m still working through highlighting all the entries ready to add to a spreadsheet but just wanted confirmation of which one, I’m just not sure how to check what interest they added (if any) besides the actual charge?

I will also need to sort the bank charges separately.

Santander re GE Capital for Dorothy Perkins storecard haven’t replied plus Marks & Spencer’s as above.

I did send a copy of the council tax bill (as well as a list of previous addresses for the past 20 years) but they also wanted her to call and confirm, it was a real mission of a call but the letter said she needed to 😡... 

I just don’t know what to do next in these cases. 

Thank you again x

can I suggest you start a new topic in the Barclays forum about the charges and a sep one there for the ppi.

as it was an OD their int rate will be compounded so you need to use it on both.

members there will help + old threads will have the OD rate to use.

as for the 2 that have failed the SAR

current wisdom under the new GDPR is issue a court claim.

you need to send both a letter before action

i'll alert this topic as bankfodder has recently posted on this very subject of issuing claims quickly

Yes, please would you start a new thread also in respect of any failed SAR's. I'm afraid that the GDPR initiative has to a certain extent shot itself in the foot because whereas making a complaint to the information Commissioner used to be able to produce a result within four weeks, it now takes at least three months even to allocate a reference number.

I'm starting to find that a county court claim is the only way to produce a rapid response. And also a small amount of compensation. Please start a new thread.

Also, if you are dealing with a large amount of data then have a look at this advice which I have recently written about dealing with your data disclosure. You might find it helpful

Thank you both so much - Bankfodder the link to the data disclosure is indeed very helpful and i have just about gotten to grips with it all now. It took both of us all afternoon/evening on Saturday to do it though :-) and i now have a good filing system going with highlighters a-plenty! 

I will start a new thread on the failed SAR's as suggested - thank you both again.

Please fill in your quit date here