• Tweets

• At least you got it over with.  Just wait for the court order to come so we can see what the judge has put,  but you will have to start making payments in line with his order from whatever date is on it.    
    • No direct answer for you I am afraid but their actions are surprising. Although banks can and do question unexpected large payments into bank accounts (large relative to what usually comes in) you wouldn't expect a payment from HMRC to be considered a suspicious transaction under money-laundering rules. And you've done the right thing, gone into branch with ID and proof of the source of the payment. Hopefully they will soon unfreeze your account.Sady in all banks local managers have virtually no say in what happens, it's all down to head office fraud and money laundering team.   Their suggestion that student accounts don't allow you to work is surely nonsense. The requirement in their t&c is that you must be on a full time course, not that you can't work as well. Their t&c say " You must be aged 18 or over and studying on a full-time UCAS registered course of two or more  years’ duration...". Nothing in the t&c about not being allowed to work as well, they made it up. It would be a strange student a/c that said you couldn't work ever - Nationwide must know  that most students need to take part-time/holiday jobs to pay their way through university (and have done for as long as student accounts have existed - at least 50 years!)
    • but no judgements yet..urm… think about it..
    • I could never thank you enough Ell-enn - And would never have been able to get through this without your help, support & guidance... Thank you so so much!   I found it all quite traumatic and distressing today - I managed to make myself look somewhat presentable for court and tried to stay as positive as I could, but had a pretty bad panic attack and broke down crying on the way to court, which melted my make-up and I felt very dizzy and unwell. The security staff were helpful and a lady appeared at desk in waiting room (usher I think) and told me that the rep for other side had been there all day, but had popped out for lunch. She said when he gets back he may want to talk to me. I felt like I was going to projectile vomit all over the waiting room. My head started pounding with a severe headache and I was worried I might pass out. He waltzed into the waiting room and stood towering over me at over 6 foot, but only looked about 12 years old.... Very cocky and stood too closely in my personal space. He told me to follow him into a private room for conference and I refused and told him I would prefer for the judge to decide.    Shortly after we were called into the judge. I don't recall his name but I don't think it was the same judge who issued the original possession order and he looked a little bit like Judge Rinder. I broke down crying again soon after sitting down and had to apologise to the judge, who seemed sympathetic. I felt so unwell, embarrassed and humiliated. I then had a panic attack during the hearing and was struggling to breathe - I must have looked such a state.    The judge asked what date the eviction was due to happen (Monday) and then asked me if I had any offers on the house yet and spoke to me briefly, but I could barely speak due to crying. He asked me about my expected return to work and I said I had suffered a nervous breakdown and wanted to be able to get back to work as soon as possible, that my GP had singed me off sick until mid-August and that I was currently on several medications which also affect my ability to work. He asked me if I wanted to say anything else and there was so much I felt I could have put across better, but just didn't feel able to and couldn't think clearly, so said no.   The judge said to the rep for Britannia that he felt concerned about this, but not sure exactly what he meant by that and then the other side stated they had clear instructions to take possession, that I had only paid them £10 and disagreed with my proposal to sell the property myself. The judge asked him if my offer of £50 towards arrears fell in line with Norgan case and the other side said yes. The rep stated that whatever it is I do for a living, my proposals could not be taken into account, as I had no proof or indication of my current income/expenditure.   The judge then came back to me and said he wouldn't be able to agree to more time for property to sell, but would have been able to do more if I had an offer in place / sale agreed. He asked me about my work and for a clearer indication of when I would be able to resume payments / pay a monthly amount towards the arrears. I said that I also had a spinal injury & had had surgery on my spine a few years ago and it was due to complications from that that I had initially been unable to work & fell into arrears and then went on to say that it was Britannias' actions that had caused my breakdown and he did snap at me a bit then and told me he didn't want to hear what Britannia had done, so I apologised. He asked me again when I thought I would be able to resume payments and I asked if September would be ok. I was shaking and having a pretty bad panic attack at that point.    The rep from other side then jumped in and said she needs to pay us straight away, and the judge then stated that he would make an order for me to make repayments from August and suspend the order on those terms. He said if I fell into difficulties again we would be back here again and said that they may be able to help me again if that happened. He asked if that was ok for me and I felt pressured to agree as I didn't feel able to do any other.... I am now now worried about my ability to do this, but obviously relieved at the same time. I think the rep for the other side was a bit p**sed off... He was quite ignorant and I feel traumatised...I feel sorry for the judge having to see me in state like that.   As soon as we had left the room the rep came right up behind me calling my name and told me he needed my updated phone number so that he could contact me. He looked a little bit psychopathic at that point and I told him I didn't want to speak to him and walked off.... I was so dazed I went in the wrong direction when I left the court building and it wasn't until I looked in mirror later that I realised I had tissue paper stuck all over my face from where I had been drying my tears... I HATE Britannia for making me go through that, especially under such poor health.... Which they have caused me!   Thank you again so much for all of your kind wishes and assistance - Especially Ell-enn, as without your help I would be facing Bailiff eviction next week - And still won't sleep until that time has passed.... xx         
    • Just thought I would update, Unite the union have now intervened although initially at a low level.   They have contacted HR at the firm asking them to deal with it in order to stop Unite getting involved
  • Our picks

okbhav

MET ANPR Stansted Starbucks/McDonald

Good morning, I hope that you are able to assist with a parking charge issue notice that I believe has been unfairly issued.

Apparently, the reason for the issue is that the driver left the premises (Code SPC) in that they walked 50 feet to a McDonalds on the same site. The signage is one of 4 that are used on the same site, all look the same except with different terms and conditions.

The "evidence" in this case is still images from a CCTV system.

The area referred to on the signage is not clear.

[ANPR camera capture]

please answer the following questions.

1 Date of the infringement 19th December 2018

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 14th February 2019

3 Date received Arrived in post yesterday AM 16th February 2019

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [y/n?] NO

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes

6 Have you appealed? {y/n?] post up your appeal] YES

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] YES- Refused

7 Who is the parking company? MET Parking Services

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Southgate Park, Stansted (Retail site at Stansted airport shared between McDonalds, Starbucks)

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. Mentions POPLA if appeal received within 28 days

I would be grateful of any advice that you could offer.

Regards

CCtv (4).jpg

CCtv (8).jpg

Refusal.jpg

oh no the 'you left our car park police'..

I see you've read this thread

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?486036-MET-Parking-charge-Southgate-Park-Stansted&p=5178472#post5178472

did you read all of it? ..post 12

if so i'd now ignore things until/unless you get a letter of claim from of there fake/tame paperwork only solicitor.

shame you appealled and identified? yourself as the driver..mind..

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

Hi

So, the ANPR capture was 19/12/18 and you get the letter 16/02/19!

They are out of time for any action to be taken. With ANPR capture, they must contact the keeper within 14 days so I would just ignore them.

EDIT:

Just realised you have already appealed. What was the date of the first letter, not the one above?

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

First notice arrived on 16-Feb-2019 in post.

First notice arrived on 16-Feb-2019 in post.

I don't quite follow. If the first letter you received is the appeal refusal, what was there sent to you to know that a contravention had taken place?

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

can we see the NTK please..

this might not be ANPR

scan to PDF only bothsides in one PDF only

read upload

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

attached appeal refual came in e-mail dated 19-Feb.

need the NTK Please

I apologise if I seem to be a bit dim with this case.

You are saying the first letter you received was on 19th of this month but you say you appealed and it was refused.

Did your car have a ticket attached to it? If so, is that when you appealed?

I apologise if I seem to be a bit dim with this case.

You are saying the first letter you received was on 19th of this month but you say you appealed and it was refused.

Did your car have a ticket attached to it? If so, is that when you appealed?

My car did not have ticket attached to it.

NTK (dated 14-Feb) arrived in post on 16th Feb 2019.

I appealed on the same day - Online.

Appeal Refusal arrived in e-mail on 19th Feb 2019.

Thanks. That is what I thought. Shame you appealed. The Notice to Keeper is well out of time and MET would be very stupid to take this further.

Just one other thought. They have given you a POPLA code. You could use it and appeal to them. Stating that the NTK did not arrive within 14 days should be a slam dunk and chances are that MET won't even contest it. They cannot prove they did issue in time as you have the proof they didn't.

bet they didn't ticket the ambulance..

so not ANPR capture then but CCTV.

bet they didn't ticket the ambulance..

so not ANPR capture then but CCTV.

I can see ANPR images for entry and exit. But they have cctv capture for my moments.

Shall i just ignore?

not ever seen them take one of these leaving the car parked and walking out the area the ticket covers, taken to court.

cant see how they can...you paid to park a CAR, where the occupants go is totally immaterial

they cant restrict a persons movements..it's a free country.

What was in your appeal to them, did you ID the driver or not?

I can see ANPR images for entry and exit. But they have cctv capture for my moments.

Shall i just ignore?

already answered in post 2 what to do even if you did ID yourself as the driver.

dx

this is one to take to the ICO as I would bet that no-one has permission to use the CCTV in this manner and anyways the so- called rwmaining on site term has been trashed in court as meaningless and thus an unfair contractual term, which voids the whole contract.

Now the ICO used to show what each company registed as data processors could do but I cnat find this resource so they have presumably moved it. CCTV is not the same category as ANPR and has its own ombudsman.

However, that all takes time and in the meanwhile MET will be bothering you for money so avoid any further correspondence and blacklist their email as spam so they dont continue to try and contact you tyhat way.

As said above you shot yourself in the foot by appealing whne they had no reason to even ask the DVLA for your keeper data as they were timed out to do so but no-one will punish them for lying and no-one will punish the DVLA for being stupid b by not having any sort of quality control on the automated access to their database.