bircat.com

honeybee13
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1883 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Very unhappy with this company.

We bought a printer via an online marketplace site. bircat offered an attractive price and said the printer was in stock and stated an estimated delivery time. They took payment straight away but every time we checked the order status it just said it was being prepared.

After about a week, we rang the marketplace helpline and they said they would tell bircat to contact us. When they did, it was to say that the item was in stock but they should have the printer in about three weeks.

We cancelled the order but nearly a week later bircat haven't refunded the payment they took.

Trustpilot has a few recent reviews of bircat where people had payment taken and were left in limbo waiting for their items.

Never again

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

How did you pay?

I think it is probably safer to pay by credit card for online purchases - they seem to be able to have your money refunded very quickly if there is a problem- whereas with debit cards there seems to be a different system.

This company does not seem to be very popular judging by the reviews !

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Having read more about this company and with help from stu007 on the site team, it seems that bircat.com isa trading name of Trade Place/Tradeplace Software Ltd who describe themselves as ' Retail sale via mail order houses or via Internet (European Community NACE Rev 2)'.

Their registered address is:

Lawford House

4 Albert Place

LONDON N3 1QB

https://www.onbuy.com/gb/shop/bircat/

However, this is the address of Cosec which appears to me to be a type of accommodation address.

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/company/04051160

I have seen a landline number on an Italian website which is +442037690038.

According to Endole the current directors of Trade Place are Cosec Management Limited and Ilane Tall, who is shown as living in Isreal although other information says he's French.

https://suite.endole.co.uk/insight/company/09064353-trade-place-software-ltd

Mr Tall had a previous directorship with MKP Web Ltd and is now involved with a new company, Shuferstore Ltd.

https://www.duedil.com/director/925307030/ilane-tall

The marketplace site asked birect to contact us to tell us what's happening and they haven't. The marketplace site is organising a refund.

bircat were still selling the same printer on the same site as of yesterday - at a lower price! I don't understand what's going on, they seem to be incompetent. They're on multiple online marketplace sites and I for one won't be using them again.

HB