Backdoor JC international CCJ for uknown I Go 4 car insurance debt

dn10zeus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1614 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Today I checked my credit file for the sheer hell of it.

Personally I'm not bothered what it says as I don't borrow money.

Made those mistakes years ago and now my file is at zero.

However what I did find was a CCJ for £280 issued last October.

Whoever the claimant was didn't write to me at my current address despite being on the electoral register and not at my previous one.

They sneakily wrote to the old address so as to win by default.

I have a very good idea who this, but it doesn't show on my credit file, just a claim number.

I am guessing here but I think it may be a debt collector who has been harassing me for years over this alleged debt

It was to Orange for a mobile contract which I had never has.

( I was the victim of ID fraud and they did other things too ).

Despite many, many letters asking them for proof like the Deed of Assignment, Deed of Novation and a contract that proves I am the debtor and responsible, they have ignored me.

To then sue me using an old address when they only wrote again only yesterday to my current one,

I find this extremely bad practice that flies in the face of all the guidelines on debt collections.

This is just spite of their behalf, nothing more.

Today I wrote to that Mickey Mouse court called Northampton business centre where no judge ever sets foot and asked for the judgement to be set aside as I have not been notified and I have been denied my right to defend myself.

Also I issued a counterclaim for a considerable sum as set down by a judge in a similar situation where PC World sued a man over a computer and filed an inaccurate and untruth report on his credit file.

Now what will happen?

Will my set aside be successful as it really is a bit cheeky to sue somebody deliberately using an old address so that you win by default.

This smacks of a certain debt collector who we are all familiar with on this forum.

At a guess...Lowell ?

Check here ...there is a small fee.

https://www.trustonline.org.uk/

Thread moved to Financial Legal Issues forum.....please continue to post here to your thread.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

" Today I wrote to that Mickey Mouse court called Northampton business centre where no judge ever sets foot and asked for the judgement to be set aside as I have not been notified and I have been denied my right to defend myself. Also I issued a counterclaim for a considerable sum as set down by a judge in a similar situation where pc world sued a man over a computer and filed an inaccurate and untruth report on his credit file."

Did you use an N244 application notice....? They will not respond to " letters "

How did you issue a counterclaim if you never received the claim form ?

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thank you for your replies so far.

I found out I had a CCJ by renewing my membership to Check My File.

Unfortunately it doesn't show who the claimant is.

Like you I suspect that it Lowell.

If it is the debt I am thinking of with them it must be statute barred by now or very nearly on the cusp.

This will be a last ditch attempt by Lowell to try and screw some money from me for a debt that isn't mine.

Unfortunately I have a very unusual name so it makes it easier for them to trace me.

Like I said I don't borrow money and I haven't done for years which probably made it easier for the fraudsters.

Along with the letter I wrote I did print off a form N244 ( I think ) it was on the Government page for county courts/defending an action.

If they if not that letter I certainly have the N244 form now and with the link you have provided I will soon know who the claimant is.

If it is Lowell do you have any further advice on dealing with them like making a formale complaint to the FSA, Trading Standards and other professional bodies they belong to.?

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

so fraud then ID theft or WHY?

why don't you ring northants bulk in the morning with the CCJ number and ask for a copy of the claimform and the judgement by EMAIL PDF?

that way you know everything.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

I rung the Northampton bulk clearing centre and was put off by being number 25 i the queue!

The next day was better and I was 17.

They soon get through the list so persevere anybody if you have to ring these clowns.

The company that sued me was I Go 4 car insurance.

I vaguely remember using them.

The insurance was'nt re-newed as I changed the car and got a better deal.

It was out of contract by then.

So far I have written to them asking a Subject Access Request on all information they hold on me to get to the bottom of this.

I have sent off the N244 form asking for the judgement to be set aside as I knew nothing about it and certainly received nothing from I Go 4.

Now I am waiting.

Anybody else had dealings with these people?

The alleged debt must be sub £200 if that as they sued for £280.

When I left them I certainly owed them no money.

We'll see what the SAR brings.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

I will guess they rolled it over when you didn't want them too.

so the SAR should show all you need

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 8 months later...

I have a court date coming up soon to have a CCJ set aside

The debt is for a small amount that I know nothing about. 

It was filed by I Go 4 a car insurance company who I have never had dealings with. 

This CCJ is now listed as being filed by J C International. 

What I would like to know is do I keep chasing I Go 4 as they filed it?

There has never been any contact from  IG4 at all.

No warning letters, nothing but a nasty surprise on my credit file

It is the same with JCU,  no contact at all. 

I have moved address since IG4 filed, but there was a redirection of post for a year after moving and no contact.

If I am successful in removing this CCJ on the grounds that I know nothing about it,

certainly never took out car insurance with them, 

I am going to sue for filing a malicious and inaccurate  credit report.

Any advice on this would be most welcome.

Thank you.

Where did IG4 get your details, and what were they actually claiming for, if as you say you have had no dealings with them prior to the CCJ fetching upif you could give more detail, so we can see what is going on and what led to the CCJ.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

old and new threads merged

please keep to one thread as it makes a mockery of people that have already taken the trouble advise what to do, and makes people waste their time again asking the same questions.

now JCI are a debt buyer so they got the CCJ, after I Go 4 car insurance sold it too them

so nothing to do with I Go 4 car insurance other than did you send that sar that was advised almost a year ago now?

else without data of who did what in your name and when 

you'll have a hard time setting this aside.

what reason did you put on the N244 for setting aside the CCK

and what defence did you file in relation to the debt itself not being owned when you have no data on it?

have mail redirect is not a reason, most court letters state do not redirect on them.

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to Backdoor JC international CCJ for uknown I Go 4 car insurance debt

The only way I can guess that I Go 4 got my details was through a car insurance search website.  At the time of thisCCJ I insured with the RAC,  THEN THE sAGA.  aT NO POINT DID i TAKE OUT INSURANCE WITH ig4 .  They certainly never wrote to me saying I owed them money.  The debt is for £235., so if I did owe,  I would have paid it,  but I knew nothing about it and to this day have never heard from J C International or IG4.

what reason did you put on the N244 for setting aside the CCK

and what defence did you file in relation to the debt itself not being owned when you have no data on it?

have mail redirect is not a reason, most court letters state do not redirect on them.

and they