Problem with Lowell and old Oakam loan

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1664 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last SAR I did, I sent a copy of my Council Tax Bill, and it was enough .

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

for the purposes of the SAR you have to prove new residency should you have moved since last updated address in writing to whomever you are now sending it too.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

for the purposes of the SAR you have to prove new residency should you have moved since last updated address in writing to whomever you are now sending it too.

We will write letter to Oakam informing that he has moved since 2013 and we will include printed copy of Council Tax. Should we add copy of his picture ID or not?

Yes send them this one.....:wink:

beer-2833673_4a6f4_hd.jpeg

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

If the creditor wants proof of identification, they may ask you to send in photographic ID, which is normally either a copy of your passport or driving licence. If they want proof of name change, the relevant documents are normally a copy of your marriage certificate or deed poll documents – however you changed your name.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

I'm sure it will be worth waiting for 😁

Lowell replied:

We have requested the required documentation from the original client Oakam ltd. with regards to your request for a copy of the deed of Assignment, please be aware that we are not obliged to provide this document to you. Due to the nature of our business, accounts are purchased in bulk and as such this document would contain sensitive information relating to other customers accounts.

4 minutes ago, fkofilee said:

Did you send a letter with regards to the Deed Of Assignment? Or did they send you a template response I wonder... 

My template had request for Deed of Assignment.

yea that's freeman of the land twaddle site

stay away from those it only leads to more trouble as they think you are a mug to follow that stuff.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

4 minutes ago, dx100uk said:

yea that's freeman of the land twaddle site

stay away from those it only leads to me trouble as they think you are a mug to follow that stuff.

SO what to do now? 

In regards of CCA, Lowell will ask request documents from Oakam. Thats mean they don't have it. When we called Oakam before they informed us that they don't have any papers which relates to my partner debt because they sent everything to Lowell. Confusing 

Yours is not the next move

and they

Forget about it, no need to worry about them as it isn’t enforceable. If, and that’s a very big if ,they send you what you requested then you can run it past us here. But until then do not talk to them or pay them anything

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

• 2 weeks later...

Perfect,

This should be your SAR. It should have the dates of your last payment, when the loan was sold on, and all the fees and interest charges. 

And from the date of last payment you should be able to work out if it is statute barred or not.  In the meanwhile do not answer any calls from Lowell, just ignore them.  It's unenforceable anyway as they haven't returned your CCA