Hello,

today i got caught stealing a trouser from primark.

The security man took me to the room in the back and took my ID and wrote down my details.

I gave him my address but a wrong apartment number.

The security man said that I will get a fine(didn’t mention from who I will get it) and I have to pay it otherwise the police will come and take me to the police station and I’ve to give an interview.

is that true ?

What will happen?

Should I tell the apartment to give me that letter if they get it?

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

I suggest you use the red top toolbar and its search CAG box.

primark

should do.

security should not be threatening you with a fine

are you sure they used that word?

only the police and courts can fine you, and as the police were not involve

all you'll get is scary letters from the likes of RLP which can be totally ignored.

just don't go in that store for awhile.

have a read up

you'll soon get the idea

if this is a reoccurring habit, it wouldn't hurt to have a chat with your GP.

thread title updated for better clarity of your issue

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

3. Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

Hi,

Thank u really much for the reply. Yes the security said that a company will send me a fine and if I don’t pay it they will get in contact with the police and send the police... I have given the wrong apartment number, so will they find my apartment somehow?

Nothing will happen. The guard is lying. There is no fine, and no police will come if you dont pay them. Move on with your life and dont steal again.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

rlp cannot 'sent the police'

again this is primark

and shows the need for retraining of their security staff

be them franchised or in house

nothing like that can never happen.

p'haps they get a backhander from RLP if they say that

cause if you did pay them it would be free money that most certainly no retailer that employs them ever sees a penny get back to them.

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

3. Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

Hi and welcome to CAG

It really annoys me when security use threats such as these to scare people. While it is obviously wrong to steal, this should not be compounded by incorrect information.

You will get a few letters from RLP but as you didn't give the correct apartment number, someone else will get them and maybe pass them on to you.

These letters will make claims that they 'may' do this or 'might' do that. None of which are true. Only Primark can take action but they don't bother as it is not cost effective to do so

If you do get the letters passed on to you, let us see a redacted version of the letter to confirm that it is one we have seen before but most importantly, IGNORE RLP!

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Please fill in your quit date here

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

No registered users viewing this page.

• Have we helped you ...?

• Tweets

• There are a number of points in respect of your proposed letter. Firstly, you are referring to the overpayment – "it has not been possible to resolve this matter…" As if this has been an ongoing issue. I'm not aware that it has. I'm not aware that you have had any dispute with them in which overpayment of £116.55 has been the subject. So in that respect, the reference you are making has no meaning. Secondly, you are proposing to provide them with documents which you going to rely upon. I don't think this is the place to do it. This is something that would come after you see what their defence is and you are preparing for a hearing. You are trying to get them too much information to early on. You should provide them with a minimum of information at this point. Your offering the mediation – they are not mature enough to be able to deal with this. If you want to get into mediation then you should say that for later. At the moment they will simply see it as another weak threat from somebody who doesn't really want to take legal action and who probably won't. All the rest sounds a bit like an attempt to be a lawyer – (which is generally speaking not a good thing). Also, you are offering them 28 days. This seems like a long time to me. A normal letter of claim would give only 14 days. As far as I'm concerned, 28 days is simply 14 more days in which to ignore you. I think firstly you need to decide whether you want to raise the issue of the overpayment by writing to them and telling them that you have calculated that you have overpaid them and that you like the money back. Of course this will draw no response whatsoever or it will draw threat. If you take that first step then I'm quite sure that you will be obliged to take the second step – which is to issue the letter of claim. Of course you can simply issue the letter of claim without any other warning. In which case:  
    • All gone quiet on this funnily enough.   Any ideas where to go from here?
    • Both of my CCAs were pretty much illegible.   My husband's form is quite clear though, but it was a simple 2 page form, which refers to lots of T&Cs. The actual T&Cs that accompanied the CCA was a photocopy of what would have been their standard T&Cs at the time apparently - not necessarily the exact ones he would have seen.   I have now had the same PAP letter for my 2 accounts saying that they're referring my accounts to their litigation department so all 3 accounts now passed to their litigation department.    So 3 PAPs to complete. I have the CCAs so there's no point in asking for that again is there? But in box D, what do I write as to why I'm disputing it? I will get these sent back to them over the next few days.   Re. post 232, if I had all the time in the World and a scanner I could have uploaded these docs. However, I will have to buy a scanner to scan the hundreds of pages, but I will. I will do this as soon as I possibly can.  Thanks for the help.
    • well £50+int doesnt = 42% and 42% is a weird figure to offer a discount on.   somethings up IMHO.   wait and see what they send next don't forget they've got to send a PAP letter before they try and litigate. do we know if things like the DN exist? has HSBC gotten an sar sent yet
  • Our picks

• This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies
    • The FSA has announced large fines against DB UK Bank Limited (trading as DB Mortgages) - DeutscheBank and also against Redstone for their unfair treatment of their customers.
      Please see the links below for summaries and full details from the FSA website.
      It is now completely clear that any arrears charges which exceed actual administrative costs are unfair and therefore unlawful.
      Furthemore, irresponsible lending practices are also unfair and unlawful.
      Additionally there are other unfair practices including unarranged counsellor visits - even if they have been attempted.
      You are entitled to refuse counsellor visits and not incur any charges.
      Any charges for counsellor visits must not seek to make profits. The cost of the visits must be passed on to you at cost price.
      We are hearing stories of people being charged for counsellor visits for which there is no evidence that they were even attempted.
      It is clear that some mortgage lenders are trying to cheat you out of your money.
      You should ascertain how much has been taken from you and claim it back. The chances of winning are better than 90%. It is highly likely that the lender will attempt to avoid court action and offer you back your money.
      However, you should ensure that you receive a proper rate of interest and this means that you should be seeking at least restitutionary damages - which would be much higher than the statutory 8%.
      Furthermore, you should assess whether the paying of demands for unlawful excessive charges has also out you further into arrears and if this has caused you further penalties in terms of extra interest or any other prejudice. This should be claimed as well.
      If excessive unlawful charges have resulted in your credit file being affected, then you should take this into account also when working out exactly what you want by way of remedy from the lender.
      You should consult others on these forums when considering any offer.
      You must not make any complaint through the Ombudsman. your time will be wasted, you will wait up to 2 yrs and there will be a minimal 8% award of interest and no account will be taken of any other damage you have suffered.
      You must make your complaint through the County Court for a rapid and effective remedy.

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Library/Communication/PR/2010/120.shtml
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/redstone.pdf
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/db_uk.pdf

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/consumerinformation/firmnews/2011/db_mortgages.shtml
      Do you have a mortage arears claim to make? Then post your story on the forum here
      • 0 replies
    • 30 Day Right To Reject - Vehicle Casualty Report. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415585-30-day-right-to-reject-vehicle-casualty-report/
      • 57 replies