Forum upgrade- starting today 26th Feb

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1868 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well, youve  chosen a good platform, and its pretty simple to use. Once youve gotten to grips with it. Vbull is more intuitive, but they have a habit of changing things without notice in each version, or discontinuing things.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I do NOT like the upgrade, I can't find what I want, the colours are too bright, it's irritating in presentation and content!

Where has the bear garden gone to?

Where is the 'new' posts button?

Just been on the forum a few mins and I am getting eye strain, please please please tone down the cream background and the lighter posts panels, if this continues I am going to have to restrict my use/reading of this forum...I do not need the pain of eye strain I am getting!

Edited by Sparks_

Thanks for this.

Could you please let us know the source of the link as well so we can understand the context and it will be easier to help us find it

Can you please go back to the original format. This is major confusing. The beauty of the that previous version was the simplicity of use. Can see people not bothering to post now. Not being critical but this new platform is a real turnoff. If it is not broke why try and fix it?

Edited by obiter dictum

Thank you for your comment.

Going through changes always difficult and it is even more difficult for the site team who have to find new ways of managing the forum.

I suppose it is always also more difficult for long-standing users to adapt.

However we count on stalwart members like yourself to persevere, to help get it all right, and to keep on helping other people with your valuable experience.

the old site was rickety and insecure and no longer supported by vbulletin and we had to move.

we depend on long-standing and loyal members like yourself to get through the transition and also to support the new people who come onto this site for help with their problems.

Thanks

I am find that I get Google ads right in the middle of a post so that you cannot read what is under the ad.  Secondly if you click on Unread posts, you get a list of them.  If about halfway down you see a post that interests you and you click on it to read, when you finished reading and go back, it jumps back to the first post in the list and not the back to the headline of the post you were reading.  You then need to try ans scroll down to find out where you were last.  Very annoying and frustrating.  I can see people abandoning this website until it gets sorted out properly and the colours changed. 

Right click on the link (Topic) of interest and open in new tab or window...read it close it and go back to the new content list were you are

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Not on my Browser Chrome..list stays exactly where i clicked "open link in new tab" 

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

We are aware of the ads problem...it only started this morning

7 minutes ago, Andyorch said:

We are aware of the ads problem...it only started this morning

Thanks Andy.  Just need to resolve the jumping back to top of list of new content.  Will they be changing the colours as they are hard on the eyes?

We are already looking at alternative colour themes 

Since the update my antivirus, Kaspersky Internet Security, has started identifying all CAG forum posts as 'Dangerous' and blocks them. I can override the block but have to do it repeatedly for every page I visit. The reason is always the same, 'Heuristic Analysis' (whatever that is). This is an example. I end up with dozens of these. There may be a way to whitelist the whole of CAG on KIS but I don't have the time to research it at the moment. Has anyone else experienced this?

image.png.1da2a8cd770eec2daa230fa12fb748e1.png

Thanks for this heads up. It's very concerning news and frankly I have no idea how to deal with it.

I'll flag this up to our Webmaster. I wonder if it is happening with any other antivirus programs. We certainly haven't had any other reports.

Dont worry about kaspersky, it regularly flags up random sites as dangerous. it also has a bad rep in the AV world. Their Heuristic system ( basically an AI system)  is pretty rubbish.

Edited by renegadeimp

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Norton is one of the absolute worst Antivirus  packages on the market.  Thats why manufacturers ship it free with new systems, or try and sell it to OAP's or those with no experience of AV's.

Malwarebytes and AVG free are substantially better than those as an entry level software

Edited by renegadeimp

use 360 total security

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...