Forum upgrade- starting today 26th Feb

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1849 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am trying find out how get  my Dragon back lol x

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

also another bug,   cant reply to stickies/pm's/whatever theyre called. Says the account doesnt have access to that 

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

5 minutes ago, snowdragon said:

I am trying find out how get  my Dragon back lol x

do you have a copy of the original piccy snowdragon?

if so click on your account at top

Square bit in the circle S over on the left

upload

The avatar holder is bigger - so you can up a bigger or higher res one

Edited by tobyjugg2

You know what IS patriotic?

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, schools, council services, businesses and roads

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

think done it as  now showing a Dragon on my profile?T

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

Not yet ...  - I had to hit refresh on the profile page

done something as the S has gone

Edited by tobyjugg2

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

YEP - Is there now

Think the site has a caching issue

either that or the harsh site colours made it hide to protect its yes

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Cool, it is a different picture but still a Snowdragon :)

The Tory Legacy

Can we keep this thread on track on important issues rather than avatars and pictures

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I know differences are uncomfortable to start with, like your example of the change from xp - vista or android 2.3 - 4 - 8

but honestly,  they would have failed like a C5 if they were like this

Colours are awful

Screen navigation just to log in to reply is a pain

Format means you are lucky to get more than one small post per screen - 2 or three ate best if they are 2 liners

example above

Not really large - yet barely fits on my laptop screen - as does this post

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

a 10 post thread would have you going crazy scrolling up and down

try it on a tablet ...

... portrait

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Right, I think I might have an idea why some think its a bigger mess than others

On my galaxy edge it looks better - but that lets your site do more as I haven'y locked it down yet.

On my lappy - what pages are allowed to do script wise is more limited - so the subgroups lists end up jumbled together

strangely - the colours dont look so bad (still not good) on the edge.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

The editing layout and submit is awful runs over a screen on simple posts on 1440 laptop display

The Tory Legacy

• Andyorch changed the title to Forum upgrade- starting today 26th Feb

please don't slam the door...

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I wasn't a great fan of the old site layout.

I prefer the look and feel of this new site, keep up the good work.

Hopefully these sort of errors are temporary😊

Sorry, there is a problem

The page you requested does not exist

Error code: 1S160/2

and

Sorry, there is a problem

Please wait 4 seconds before attempting another search

Error code: 1C205/3

• Like 1

Well we've been using the old site for pretty well 13 years and although it was substantially modified – it wasn't being supported anymore by vBulletin and also because our previous Webmaster had committed suicide, there was nobody else around who understood all the modifications he had made.

The error in respect of the search – is a "flood control" to prevent rapid multiple searches – and also abuse by bots.

The other one – the first when you have reproduced, please could you tell us how you got to that page.

Sorry don't know how to direct you to this post.

When I click the hyperlink get the error.

locutus
Gold Account Holder
locutus
Registered Users
4392 posts
Report post   #2
Posted June 25, 2012
In your post, you see how the word SAR has automatically hyperlinked? That takes you HERE. Take a read of that template letter and modify it to include all the data you require.

Send that letter recorded to:-

Data Controller: BT GROUP PLC

BT CENTRE

81 NEWGATE STREET

LONDON

EC1A 7AJ

Include a cheque or postal order for £10 (then BT cannot stall by asking for it)

If you need help with themes, or general ccs layouts, just yell

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

44 minutes ago, Jemn said:

Sorry don't know how to direct you to this post.

When I click the hyperlink get the error.

locutus
Gold Account Holder
locutus
Registered Users
4392 posts
Report post   #2
Posted June 25, 2012
In your post, you see how the word SAR has automatically hyperlinked? That takes you HERE. Take a read of that template letter and modify it to include all the data you require.

Send that letter recorded to:-

Data Controller: BT GROUP PLC

BT CENTRE

81 NEWGATE STREET

LONDON

EC1A 7AJ

Include a cheque or postal order for £10 (then BT cannot stall by asking for it)

Please could you tell us which hyperlink. Maybe you could post it here

4 minutes ago, renegadeimp said:

If you need help with themes, or general ccs layouts, just yell

Thank you.  We'll let you know - you might regret it!

I trained in Software engineering for my last job, working for one of the top 4 major supermarkets, working on the new online ordering system and customer delivery backend.  Themes are usually the easy part of a site, as its pretty much simple java and CSS, unless you want fancy google java scripts to increase functionality.

At the moment, I really just want to get the site settled and running very smoothly – and also allow people to understand how to use it.

That applies particularly to the site team who have to get used to a very different way of working behind the scenes.

As I think I said somewhere else, we had the old vBulletin site for 13 years and we are probably rather mired in our ways.

Once we have sorted those things out – then we can start to look at maybe exploiting the new platform that we have.