BankFodder BankFodder

afcwben

Hard credit application search when no application was made

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 350 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I recently went on Nat West website to inquire about a loan, I progressed it but decided not to go any further as the interest rate was too high so I didn't apply for credit.

I then discovered that Nat West had placed a hard search on my file for a credit application. I disputed this with Equifax as I had not made the application, they told me to take it up with Nat West who then told me that is how they do things.

surely this isnt right or is it? any guidance would be appreciated.

take it up with natwest and then try the ICO and FCA as your data has to be processed FAIRLY and this has been discussed before by the various ombudsmen.

If it is something that the FCA can look into then it will cst natwest £600 just to have the matter looked at regardless of who is right or wrong. they may well decide that it aint qworth £600 to upset people for no possible benefit