ANDREAMOUR

Smart Parking PCN - Energie gym Sheldon Birmingham - now Gladstones Solicitors Letter Before Claim

Hi All

Im looking for some advice on this one.

Back on 20/12/17 i went to park on a carpark behind some shops previously this was an actual carpark for use of shoppers.

As i went into the entrance of carpark i noticed a sign on the wall on right hand side as you enter the carpark so i pulled to the left hand side to read it

(The entrance is an ally way between 2 shops as shown in my Picture There is no signs visible until you enter the carpark)

It said that the carpark is now for gym use and to check terms and conditions in the carpark

I left my car where it was which wasnt actually parked in a designated space the carpark in a space and had a look for the terms and conditions but all i could find was the same signs as id already read.

I walked round to the gym entrance but couldnt see any terms and conditions there

So i just got in my car and turned around and left

i was there for 7 minutes

then on 11th jan 2018 i received a parking charge notice which i ignored as i never actually parked in the car park just pulled over to one side of the entrance but the number plate reading system had clocked me as i entered

on the 13th feb i received a letter from DRP asking for £160

i contacted DRP and a sent them CPR 31.14 Request

I then received another letter from DRP on 26 fen 2018 thanking me for my communication but explaining that i couldnt challenge the charge

I ignored that and heard nothing until a few days ago when Gladstones solicitors wrote with a letter before claim dated 4th feb 2019

I understand that they will take it to county court

Should i just wait for a county court claim and try defend this or is there another avenue.

Edited by ANDREAMOUR

1st can you complete this:

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?462118-Have-you-received-a-Parking-Ticket-(5-Viewing)-nbsp

2nd you stayed less than 10 mins.

you are allowed to take a minimum of 10mins to read things, as you did and decide.

not sure why you sent a CPR?? there is no court claim yet.

you need to send them the std snotty insulting letter you'll find in numerous threads here

inc a bit about the 10mins grace period.

can you please put all those docs/pix in ONE multipage PDF

read upload.

I've removed your single page links else we'll be here all day downloading single pages.

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

3. Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

Thanks for your quick response dx100uk

Sorry about the photos wasnt sure how to do it last time i put pictures up on here we did it with Tinypic

I will draw up a letter then and see what happens

1 Date of the infringement 20/12/17

2 Date on the NTK 11/01/18

3 Date received 13/01/18

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] No

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? no

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] no

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up

7 Who is the parking company? Smart Parking

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Energie gym Sheldon Birmingham

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. Ias

Edited by dx100uk
merge

ah useless smart parking

urm interesting

you say no pixs on the NTK?

then it cant be an ANPR capture then?

but eitherway they are either out of time from the NTK if they claim it was ANPR

or

they are too soon, if they claim it was a vanishing windscreen ticket?

I wonder if this is a local taking pictures under commission [naughty under GDPR] and sending them in

can you get the NTK up please

so we can have a laugh?

before you do anything

as ericsbrother can have a field day here with a good snotty letter for you..

thread title updated

dx

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Sorry there is the Picture of my number plate from the ANPR but only shows the reg

I have some pictures but theyre not scanned in my Scanner is out of action at the moment

Gladstones have asked the payment to be made out to Debt Recovery Plus

IMG_2045.JPG

PDF only please and both sides - so we can zoom

you can also use a mobile phone or digital camera

read upload

Gladstones have asked that payment be made to Drips.

That means the letter came from Drips using Gladstones headed paper. Just shows the kind of crooks they are.

sorry wrong thread

try again.

time for the snotty/insulting letter in many threads here

mention stay was under the min 10mins

Tell gladstones that

"no contract was entered into for several reasons and in any case their clients havent complied withe their ATA code of practice and allowed a minimum of 10 minutes grace period. Gladstones should speak to Will and John at the IPC and get them to tell Smart that they have no cause for action and any court claim will result in another epic fail for Gladstones for a multitude of reasons that will all be brought out at the time."

you may not appreciate the context of this but they certainly will. Smart have failed to create a liability, the NTK isnt POFA compliant and the signage is pants. I would also bet they dont have the correct permissions to be there either.

Please fill in your quit date here

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

No registered users viewing this page.

• Have we helped you ...?

• Tweets

• Hi You say you vacated the property in 2007.   Was the Tenancy Agreement for the Council Property in Joint Names?   If the Tenancy Agreement was in Joint Names did you inform the Council Housing of you vacating the property in 2007 and to remove your Name from the Agreement and they responded? (note if rent arrears at the time they will not remove you from the tenancy agreement if in joint names as both are liable for the arrears)   Were you aware of the Rent Arrears at the time? (if so was a payment plan in place?)   You need to dispute this with the council housing by making a 'Formal Complaint' in writing and title it as such (they need to record formal complaints on there records) You dispute the Rent Arrears for period XX/XX/XXXX to XX/XX/XXXX due to this I require the following:   1. Customer Care/Standards Policy (not the leaflet) 2. Rent arrears Policy covering period XX/XX/XXXX to XX/XX/XXXX (not the leaflet) 3. Copies of Rent Statements covering period XX/XX/XXXX to XX/XX/XXXX 4. Copy of the Signed Tenancy Agreement covering period XX/XX/XXXX to XX/XX/XXXX
    • you could have some fun here at the DCA's expense here if you wanted too....let me know. and just remember a debt is extinguished ...dead gone parrot..in Scotland after 5yrs too..   dx    
    • Of course quite correct DX    
    • Just an update to this thread CMS sent me a letter on my account tonight with a 14 day response time.   They have said I have missed 4 payments of £50.50 and want an explanation.   As per the start of this thread a letter never came for the agreed £250 per month despite my online account saying £261.50 per month.   I contact them VIA my online account they have a message centre to contact them regarding things with my account but never bothered to respond ...did this twice over a number of weeks.   I also took screen shots of my account statement over a 5 day period in December   my account was saying £261.50 one day the next it was saying £210.84, 261.50 the day after that then 210.84 etc.   The £210.84 was the original 2018-2019 payments set out for the next 12 months the conversation on the phone was different to what was happening on my account.   I looked on my account tonight and the only letters on my account are as follows.   £210.84 2018-2019 statement   £1200 a month statement for 2018-2019 (which was a mistake on their part)   The letter they sent me today saying I had missed 4 payments of £50.50   Should I call them or write to them with the screen shots provided asking where the £261.50 came from   on the phone they said £250 a month and don't make any changes till the letter comes.   even if you take away the £50.50 from the £261.50 it comes to £211 which is still not accurate to the £210.84 on my account.    
    • Yes, the person I am helping is unable to use a computer... so no, not ideal, but it is what it is.  The trip back to the park was impromptu and time constrained.    For a number of reasons I'm bowing out now.  I know your time / expertise is a scarce resource and I'm sorry if you feel like I've wasted it.  It's been very helpful to me regardless, so thank you. 
  • Our picks

• This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies
    • The FSA has announced large fines against DB UK Bank Limited (trading as DB Mortgages) - DeutscheBank and also against Redstone for their unfair treatment of their customers.
      Please see the links below for summaries and full details from the FSA website.
      It is now completely clear that any arrears charges which exceed actual administrative costs are unfair and therefore unlawful.
      Furthemore, irresponsible lending practices are also unfair and unlawful.
      Additionally there are other unfair practices including unarranged counsellor visits - even if they have been attempted.
      You are entitled to refuse counsellor visits and not incur any charges.
      Any charges for counsellor visits must not seek to make profits. The cost of the visits must be passed on to you at cost price.
      We are hearing stories of people being charged for counsellor visits for which there is no evidence that they were even attempted.
      It is clear that some mortgage lenders are trying to cheat you out of your money.
      You should ascertain how much has been taken from you and claim it back. The chances of winning are better than 90%. It is highly likely that the lender will attempt to avoid court action and offer you back your money.
      However, you should ensure that you receive a proper rate of interest and this means that you should be seeking at least restitutionary damages - which would be much higher than the statutory 8%.
      Furthermore, you should assess whether the paying of demands for unlawful excessive charges has also out you further into arrears and if this has caused you further penalties in terms of extra interest or any other prejudice. This should be claimed as well.
      If excessive unlawful charges have resulted in your credit file being affected, then you should take this into account also when working out exactly what you want by way of remedy from the lender.
      You should consult others on these forums when considering any offer.
      You must not make any complaint through the Ombudsman. your time will be wasted, you will wait up to 2 yrs and there will be a minimal 8% award of interest and no account will be taken of any other damage you have suffered.
      You must make your complaint through the County Court for a rapid and effective remedy.

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Library/Communication/PR/2010/120.shtml
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/redstone.pdf
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/db_uk.pdf

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/consumerinformation/firmnews/2011/db_mortgages.shtml
      Do you have a mortage arears claim to make? Then post your story on the forum here
      • 0 replies
    • 30 Day Right To Reject - Vehicle Casualty Report. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415585-30-day-right-to-reject-vehicle-casualty-report/
      • 57 replies