Shipperless Gas Supply NO MPRN can't get supplier...HELP

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1641 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi D5 Wes,

I hope you're well.

Thank you for taking the time to reply I really appreciate your help.

I have called the supplier this week as it would still not alllow me to input meter readings, and my meter still shows as shipperless even though I have a contract and I'm now on supply.

I searched for my meter using the link posted above for the network.

I spoke with the new connections team and they finally seemed to understand what the problem was and said it will take 4-6 weeks to register the meter.

I'm not sure that in your experience if this sounds correct or not, and if I have finally found a resolution to my problem?

Making a payment for the small amount of gas I have used wouldn't be a problem, I am just concerned that they will turn around and think they can issue an estimated way beyond my actual usage.

Thanks,

Frank. 

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

I hope all is well.

I have an update, sadly there is still no update....

I registered with a supplier in August and have paid my first direct debits for dual fuel and I was very worried about what was going to happen with my gas meter which was shipperless.

Well I gave the MPRN, the serial number and lastest meter reading to the supplier and waited 4-6 weeks as I was told having spoken to the supplier.

After 6 weeks I heard nothing about my gas meter, the electric meter had been taken over from my previous supplier. 

I had checked online using the https://www.findmysupplier.energy/webapp/index.html service to check to see if my meter was shipperless and unbeliveably it had my MPRN and the new supplier next to it where it has been previously been shipperless.

I thought I might finally have a resolution to all the issue, only to then receive an email from the new supplier stating that they needed the serial number and latest reading from my gas meter as the information they had for me was not correct on their systems.

I called the supplier and they had no record of my earlier call at the end of August to give the meter serial number etc even though they had clearly registered the meter on the find my supplier service.

I have given the details again and was told it was going to take another 4-6 weeks for them to register.

My gas supplier is virtually nothing, its only used to heat the water for washing the dishes but my electricity usage is high as everything in the flat is electric.

I'm concerned that I will be charged estimated bills for gas that i'm not using and that my previous usage will be back dated on estimtated usage when my usage is extremely low.

I'm going to start keeping a log of all my contact with the supplier as i'm spending all my time in vain to sort this issue out and I have health and family concerns that are causing me a lot of distress alongside this.

If anybody has any advice I would be very grateful.

Many thanks!

Suggest just leaving it with the energy suppliers to resolve. Just keep a record of your usage, by reading the meter every month.

If they did backdate 12 months, then you would suggest they charge you based on a measurement of actual usage, by you submitting meter readings over a number of months. They could then estimate approximate usage. 

It does not sound like they are that bothered, given how they have acted.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread