I agree with testing, TJ, as clearly the WHO do. But as I understand it there is meant to be a strategy around it so that test results help the outbreak to be managed to best effect.
The WHO's test, test, test recommendation may be a bit short on detail.
Hi Maketa - I don’t think anyone has answered your question here.
My understanding is that if you can’t serve a witness statement you still need to serve a witness summary and accompany with an application. See Civil Proceure Rule 32:
(1) A party who –
(a) is required to serve a witness statement for use at trial; but
(b) is unable to obtain one, may apply, without notice, for permission to serve a witness summary instead.
(2) A witness summary is a summary of –
(a) the evidence, if known, which would otherwise be included in a witness statement; or
(b) if the evidence is not known, the matters about which the party serving the witness summary proposes to question the witness.
(3) Unless the court orders otherwise, a witness summary must include the name and address of the intended witness.
(4) Unless the court orders otherwise, a witness summary must be served within the period in which a witness statement would have had to be served.
(5) Where a party serves a witness summary, so far as practicable rules 32.4 (requirement to serve witness statements for use at trial), 32.5(3) (amplifying witness statements), and 32.8 (form of witness statement) shall apply to the summary.
The Govt Guidance for Employers spells it out clearly here - https://www.gov.uk/guidance/claim-for-wage-costs-through-the-coronavirus-job-retention-scheme#employees-you-can-claim-for
Your old employer is under no obligation to re-hire or help you.
But were you working for employer #2 on or before 28th Feb ? If so, they may be able to claim for you under the Furlough Regs.
Tests are not fantasy, only your ramblings are.
Tests aren't even significant cost compared to the economic and social cost of locking down millions of people who may have already had it.
... Let alone the absolute disgrace that front line NHS and shop assistants aren't being tested.
That johnsons ridiculous 'herd immunity' policy has brought us here and you seem hell bent on excusing it is the only fantasy sold as a real option.
It was just the do nowt until its too late option. Not the sensible one.
So which is a real achievable option, and which isn't?
* Locking down the whole population (any not locked down and untested are almost certain to be spreading it) for at least 3 months - and as things are going even longer next year is likely and deal with the REAL social and economic fallout from that
* Test the whole population, repeatedly if necessary.
@BritanniaLtd Coronavirus: Britannia Hotel made staff homeless in 'admin error'. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/420603-britannialtd-coronavirus-britannia-hotel-made-staff-homeless-in-admin-error/
Shocking pictures reveal ‘disgusting’ conditions inside Hermes depot where workers ‘feel like slaves’. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/419726-shocking-pictures-reveal-%E2%80%98disgusting%E2%80%99-conditions-inside-hermes-depot-where-workers-%E2%80%98feel-like-slaves%E2%80%99/
Euro Car Parks issued this ticket to the police in Devon and Cornwall. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/419522-can-anyone-identify-the-parking-company-which-issued-this-ticket-to-the-police-in-devon-and-cornwall/