• Tweets

• Looking for a bit of advice on an possible malicious or fraudulent claim.   I received a letter today from my insurance company regarding an alleged incident three months ago and stating I had five days to respond or my no claims bonus could be affected if they settled the claim. It gave a date and postal code for the incident. I rung the insurance company and said I had not been involved in an incident on the day in question and was not even in the area. I am absolutely clear on this although the area is only about 15 miles from my home, it was Easter Monday and I know exactly where I was that day. I asked about the incident and was told that my vehicle had reversed into another car outside a shop. There are no shops in the area, it is purely rural farmland (so no CCTV obviously).   The insurance company said they would note my response and send to the claimants insurance company but would need to send an assessor out to take photos of my vehicle for any damage. My vehicle has no damage to the rear but does have a dent to the door from a collision with a deer that I have never done anything about.   My questions are ;   How did the claimant obtain my insurance details ? Does my insurer have to provide me with details of who the claimant is ? Could the dented door cause a problem because I didn't report it ? It is very obvious it is not damage from reversing into someone else. If I had been away on holiday and hadn't responded, would this claim just have been paid without me knowing about it resulting in loss of NCB ?  
    • It doesn’t say FINE anywhere on the documentation.    I don’t have the facility to scan the document, is there something in particular that you need to see? I can explain what is on there.    Thsnks 
    • CASE DISMISSED!!!   Thank you so much for all your help guys! Couldn't have done it without you!!! - donation on it's way (just waiting for some money to come in next week!)   That was pretty nerve wracking, I must say, but once I got into the flow of things, everything went well. Didn't help my nerves that the PRA rep was 30mins late!! Was hard to gauge the judge initially, but once I realised that she was well versed in the legislation and seemed to hold it in high esteem, I felt confident and the nerves dissipated a bit (lucked out there from what I hear from other horror stories!). She pretty much agreed with everything that I had said, and even highlighted things that I had thought about mentioning but didn't in the end, although she wasn't interested in my use of PRA v Mr Segal as it wasn't directly relevant; I knew this, but that wasn't why I was using it! I tried just once to explain my reasoning, but realised that the judge was ultimately for my case and so yielded quickly on that, rather than get her back up!   The best part was when the rep knew that case wasn't going his way, he then reverted to desperate tactics and referred to the fact that I was a day late sending the stuff to PRA and that I hadn't signed their copy; judge was not impressed with this argument at all, simply saying "Well the copy I have here was filed on time and signed". Not that that would have made a difference as by that point I had already explained my case, and she had agreed. She also had a go at them for trying to file the "response statement" without permission and disregarded it (as you thought Andy).   I felt sorry for the rep, decent bloke, very polite, asked if I had any questions for him afterwards, and kept highlighting the fact that he didn't work for PRA; think he knew it was a poor case and that he would have a hard job trying to fight it.   Something he said did concern me a lot though, and that was that he "couldn't guarantee that they wouldn't try again, either by appeal or by another claim".......not sure what this means and where it leaves me!! I questioned him about there being another claim as I don't feel that an appeal would be approved (although it could I guess!) and he seemed to think that they could come after me in a claim for arrears/interest? This threw me and ruined the feeling of joy that I momentarily had! I phoned National DebtLine to get some clarity on this and they seemed to think the same thing! Then I found this online:   "However, according to Late Payment Legislation law (see ext. link 10), a creditor is allowed to charge his debtor an interest fee, if the consumer has late payments and bad debts. I.e. a debt buyer can request an additional interest payment from his debtors as a creditor, and not as a DCA. The same late payment legislation allows such interest collection to begin after a 30-days default period." https://ecollect.co.uk/wiki/debt-collection-uk/   Found similar information on other sites and even on other threads on CAG. I know you said they couldn't add anything Andy, so now I'm confused.com!!! How can they claim for arrears or interest if the debt that said arrears/interest is based on is now deemed unenforceable by a court ruling???!!! That just seems ridiculous and means that this thing will never end!!!!!    
    • Thanks Honeybee   For PCN's received through the post [ANPR camera capture]   please answer the following questions.   1 Date of the infringement - 5/7/19   2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 11/7/19   3 Date received 16/7/19   4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] Y   5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Y   6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] N Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up   7 Who is the parking company? Northern Parking Services   8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] 1 Kings Manor Newcastle NE1 2ST   For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. BPA   There are two official bodies, the BPA and the IAS. If you are unsure, please check HERE     I do not think there is ANPR at this location but there are photos of the vehicle in a parking space The PCN has a "vehicle observed from"  date..... and time......  "to date..... time.....  
    • Hi,sorry for delay in respnse, just started a new job.   LBA here   Sports Direct 1st June 2019   Dear Sir/Madam, On 26th January 2019 I bought a pair of Phantom VSN in size 11 from Sports Direct Chingford. Please see my details of purchase below. ..... screen grab from bank statement of card payment .... On the 27th June 2019 I was surprised to see that the sole of the right boot had torn open at one of the rear studs, making the boots unusable. Please see picture below. ..... picture of torn sole of boot .... The Consumer Rights Act makes it an implied term of the contract that goods be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality.  I do not feel that an £85 pair of boots should fail after five months of being used for nothing other than their intended purpose. As you are in breach of contract I am rejecting the boots and request that you refund the sum paid to you of approximately £85 which I trust you will be able confirm from your records. I have bought a replacement pair of the same boots from your website on the 28th June 2019 as my son needed boots almost immediately, for that reason please give me a full refund of the original purchase price. I am today returning the faulty boots along with this letter to the Chingford branch of your store. If I do not receive your satisfactory proposals for settlement of my claim within 7 days of the date of this letter, I intend to issue a claim against you in the county court without further reference to you. Yours faithfully,   They replied by email to say this ............. Thank you for send your football boots for a further inspection.   I would like to advise you that on inspection it is our belief that the issue is due to wear and tear and not an inherent manufacturing fault. I appears that the stud had been caught on something which has caused it to rip apart from the sole.   Sadly, I am afraid for this reason we are on this occasion unable to offer a replacement or refund for your boots.   I have now returned your boots to you.   Apologies for any disappointment caused. Kind regards, ................ The boots arrived back to me today   I assume I now make a small claims claim?   Thanks Micky  
  • Our picks

Incontro

ParkingEye ANPR PCN - Town Quay 2, Southampton

All you need is a free certificate of posting from any post office branch.

Another to-the-point-classic by EB though!

you say PE sent the PAP LBC or was it a solicitor?

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

Posted (edited)

Send it first class and get a free certificate of posting from the PO counter. Don't send it recorded or when postie turns up at their office and says "one to sign for", they will suck air through their teeth and say "noooo, we'll pass on that one, just return it". Then a couple of weeks later the letter comes back to you, complete with proof that it was never delivered. There is no bar too low for them.

Edit: Sorry for duplicating what others have said (missed page 2 - not awake yet!)

Edited by Mrs O'Frog
Senior moment
  • Like 1

Thanks guys, didn't even know there's such thing as a certificate of posting!

@dx100uk it was PE themselves who sent the letter.

I woulnt send somehting in line with the suggested short answer, send that.

It is factual and not rude but I wouldnt change it just to make it polite or say please anywhere. Believe me, you wont ever get a lawyers letter that is polite

thanks ericsbrother, dx100uk, and to all that helped...

I have written a draft letter/response to the LBC - however i am not going to post up here (in case PE are reading these forums)

happy to send via PM, if you dont mind taking a look and offering helpful criticism/comments?

Best to do EB's letter verbatim so that there is no thought by the crooks that you might  be weakening so they feel an extra push 

might get you to cough up. Don't worry if you feel it is a bit rude-they are used to it and that version is EB's polite one.

On 02/04/2019 at 18:39, lookinforinfo said:

Best to do EB's letter verbatim so that there is no thought by the crooks that you might  be weakening so they feel an extra push 

might get you to cough up. Don't worry if you feel it is a bit rude-they are used to it and that version is EB's polite one.

thanks - i pretty much did write EB's response, just in a slightly longer/more technical way

does anyone mind taking a look via PM? so that i can send it within the next few days

No post as text here

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

11 hours ago, Incontro said:

thanks - i pretty much did write EB's response, just in a slightly longer/more technical way

does anyone mind taking a look via PM? so that i can send it within the next few days

Don't papraphrase it, EB's letters are written like that for a reason.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Update: so after I sent my response (basically a slightly more detailed version of EB's letter) well before the Easter Hol, after some radio silence I finally got a response a couple days back from PE.

Basically a (politely worded) letter this time, thanking me for my correspondence in relation to the parking charge, and saying it has been forwarded onto their privacy team.

Happy to post the full letter up here, but just seems like a standard template/acknowledgement of response letter, so the waiting game continues...

BR

look on the bright side, they have to spend more time and effort on this and they still wont make any money out of it.

you say you sent a more technical letter, that may be good if you got your facts absolutely right and didnt say anything that makes it a dead end argument should it be used as evidence later. that is why we try and get peopel to say the absolute minimum, it doesnt show the limits of your knowledge and cant be used to limit what you say later.

as for not posting up here in case they read it- we would rather they did read it here and then realise that you arent going to be mugged and save everyone's time and money than you play secret squirrels as the only peopel who dont know are us as you have sent the letter to the protagonists already havent you?

• Like 1

Sorry for the radio silence - life has been a bit crazy recently, also in the middle of job searching and other family stuff.

In the link below you'll find the letter (response to LBC) I sent to them (wholly thanks to EB of course), as well as the various responses received.

I found their generic GDPR response letter amusing (a standard template), they didn't even bother to customise anything.

Finally, im going to point out (to you guys) that I never submitted an appeal to POPLA, they are talking trash!

https://imgur.com/a/19Uuvn8

they dont have the intention to consider things properly because if they did they would lose most of their income as they know they dont have the authority to demand moneis from people at this site.

They may well write to you again telling you that they have decided they are right and you owe the money but as they are nice you can pay them the discounted rate of £100 rather than some unlawful made up amount they would hope to ask for

Thanks EB... So do nothing, right?

Can't wait for the faux bailiffs/debt collection letters! Losers!

exactly that and do nothing when they send the next demand after that. The only time you need to reiterate what has been said already is when they send a proper LBA adn they wont be in a hurry to do that

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ericsbrother said:

exactly that and do nothing when they send the next demand after that. The only time you need to reiterate what has been said already is when they send a proper LBA adn they wont be in a hurry to do that

10-4.

thanks for all your help, just also donated a few quid to the site. hopefully this is the last time we all hear of this thread!

I don't read that as them saying you have appealed to POPLA, just that they are giving you a POLPA code so that you can appeal if you wish, plus they've enclosed a generic "how to" letter from POPLA.

No change to the advice from EB though.

they know that POPLA's remit is so limited they will get a decision in their favour there which they belive will make you say " Oh all right them I will pay up". they knwo it is too late and if the boot was on the other foot they would be qwuick to tell you that you have lost your right to appeal.

Basically it is another attempt to pull the wool over your eyes.

After a long period of radio silence, PE have recently sent another letter (titled 'Letter Before County Court Claim')!

Reads almost exactly the same as the previous demand letter, however interestingly this time there is no mention of POFA.

Happy to post up the letter if need be, but as said above it's just the usual gibberish!~

This sounds like the one to respond to - let's have a butchers'.

Yes that is deffo one to respond to, gather all your evidence, the team will advise further

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Yes, you need to respond, I would keep it brief for the moment and suggets the following:

1.There is no cause for action  as there is no contract between us.  The land is covered by its own byeleaws that are supreme to anything you wish to claim is an offer so there can be no performance to the contract by yourselves.

2. As the land is not relevant land for the purposes of the POFA there can be no keeper liability and  that means you had no reasonable cause to obtain my keeper details so any civil claim will be met by a counterclaim for at least £250 for your breach of the GDPR.

I would have thought that Capita group could find someone to explain this to you before you decided to waste yet another tree on your threats but I trust you actually bother to ask before setting out on a misadventure that will result  in a far bigger loss than you could ever hope to gain by pursuing this and that this is the last I shall ever hear from you..