Incontro

ParkingEye ANPR PCN - Town Quay 2, Southampton

All you need is a free certificate of posting from any post office branch.

Another to-the-point-classic by EB though!

you say PE sent the PAP LBC or was it a solicitor?

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

Posted (edited)

Send it first class and get a free certificate of posting from the PO counter. Don't send it recorded or when postie turns up at their office and says "one to sign for", they will suck air through their teeth and say "noooo, we'll pass on that one, just return it". Then a couple of weeks later the letter comes back to you, complete with proof that it was never delivered. There is no bar too low for them.

Edit: Sorry for duplicating what others have said (missed page 2 - not awake yet!)

Edited by Mrs O'Frog
Senior moment
  • Like 1

Thanks guys, didn't even know there's such thing as a certificate of posting!

@dx100uk it was PE themselves who sent the letter.

I woulnt send somehting in line with the suggested short answer, send that.

It is factual and not rude but I wouldnt change it just to make it polite or say please anywhere. Believe me, you wont ever get a lawyers letter that is polite

thanks ericsbrother, dx100uk, and to all that helped...

I have written a draft letter/response to the LBC - however i am not going to post up here (in case PE are reading these forums)

happy to send via PM, if you dont mind taking a look and offering helpful criticism/comments?

Best to do EB's letter verbatim so that there is no thought by the crooks that you might  be weakening so they feel an extra push 

might get you to cough up. Don't worry if you feel it is a bit rude-they are used to it and that version is EB's polite one.

On 02/04/2019 at 18:39, lookinforinfo said:

Best to do EB's letter verbatim so that there is no thought by the crooks that you might  be weakening so they feel an extra push 

might get you to cough up. Don't worry if you feel it is a bit rude-they are used to it and that version is EB's polite one.

thanks - i pretty much did write EB's response, just in a slightly longer/more technical way

does anyone mind taking a look via PM? so that i can send it within the next few days

No post as text here

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

11 hours ago, Incontro said:

thanks - i pretty much did write EB's response, just in a slightly longer/more technical way

does anyone mind taking a look via PM? so that i can send it within the next few days

Don't papraphrase it, EB's letters are written like that for a reason.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Update: so after I sent my response (basically a slightly more detailed version of EB's letter) well before the Easter Hol, after some radio silence I finally got a response a couple days back from PE.

Basically a (politely worded) letter this time, thanking me for my correspondence in relation to the parking charge, and saying it has been forwarded onto their privacy team.

Happy to post the full letter up here, but just seems like a standard template/acknowledgement of response letter, so the waiting game continues...

BR

look on the bright side, they have to spend more time and effort on this and they still wont make any money out of it.

you say you sent a more technical letter, that may be good if you got your facts absolutely right and didnt say anything that makes it a dead end argument should it be used as evidence later. that is why we try and get peopel to say the absolute minimum, it doesnt show the limits of your knowledge and cant be used to limit what you say later.

as for not posting up here in case they read it- we would rather they did read it here and then realise that you arent going to be mugged and save everyone's time and money than you play secret squirrels as the only peopel who dont know are us as you have sent the letter to the protagonists already havent you?

• Like 1

Sorry for the radio silence - life has been a bit crazy recently, also in the middle of job searching and other family stuff.

In the link below you'll find the letter (response to LBC) I sent to them (wholly thanks to EB of course), as well as the various responses received.

I found their generic GDPR response letter amusing (a standard template), they didn't even bother to customise anything.

Finally, im going to point out (to you guys) that I never submitted an appeal to POPLA, they are talking trash!

https://imgur.com/a/19Uuvn8

they dont have the intention to consider things properly because if they did they would lose most of their income as they know they dont have the authority to demand moneis from people at this site.

They may well write to you again telling you that they have decided they are right and you owe the money but as they are nice you can pay them the discounted rate of £100 rather than some unlawful made up amount they would hope to ask for

Thanks EB... So do nothing, right?

Can't wait for the faux bailiffs/debt collection letters! Losers!

exactly that and do nothing when they send the next demand after that. The only time you need to reiterate what has been said already is when they send a proper LBA adn they wont be in a hurry to do that

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ericsbrother said:

exactly that and do nothing when they send the next demand after that. The only time you need to reiterate what has been said already is when they send a proper LBA adn they wont be in a hurry to do that

10-4.

thanks for all your help, just also donated a few quid to the site. hopefully this is the last time we all hear of this thread!

I don't read that as them saying you have appealed to POPLA, just that they are giving you a POLPA code so that you can appeal if you wish, plus they've enclosed a generic "how to" letter from POPLA.

No change to the advice from EB though.

they know that POPLA's remit is so limited they will get a decision in their favour there which they belive will make you say " Oh all right them I will pay up". they knwo it is too late and if the boot was on the other foot they would be qwuick to tell you that you have lost your right to appeal.

Basically it is another attempt to pull the wool over your eyes.