Insurance Void

Simon Gragan
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1897 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Having been on the wrong side of Insurance Companies and having my insurance voided through a careless error in filling out an online comparison application, I decided to start a government petition to try to get insurance voids time limited.

Insurance voids can happen for many reasons, careless errors, unintentional omissions, financial difficulty, negligence, black box insurance contraventions. It's fair to punish offenders but not for life, this needs to be time limited like penalty points on a license.

If this issue has affected you or anyone in your family please sign and share this petition.

petition.parliament.uk/petitions/238286

Thanks

I'm afraid that I don't think petitions have very much effect – but good luck with it anyway.

Why don't you tell us the story of your error and your voided insurance. There may be more remedies available then you realise for this kind of peremptory action by insurers.

Have you heard of ICOBS

to cut a very long story short,

I had 2 motorcycles stolen in london. the thefts were 12 months apart. 1 motorcycle was recovered by the police, when I came to renew my insurance, I applied through a comparison website, In my naievity I declared the one theft and ignored the second theft as there was no claim or payout due to it being recovered.

I challenged the void, took legal advice and lodged a complaint with the ombudsman.

I admit that I made a mistake / oversight, but to be punished for the rest of my life is disproportionate to the crime, hence the petition.

But this issue affects many drivers, some innocent, some guilty. but to punish a young driver for slightly exceeding the speed limit, under black box monitoring, seems disproportionate.

Actually, I purchased the insurance with only 1 theft declared and then called the broker to inform them of the exact circumstances, but the underwriter said that I should have declared 2 thefts even though it was never logged as a theft.

This is my point, it can be confusing. Im willing to take my punishment I dont think its right that I should have to live with a black mark for the rest of my life. Drink driving, only on your record for 11 yrs? doesnt seem right to me.