Bus Lane PCN - never received anything prior - jacobs warrant - help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1872 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi bailiff Advice

Sorry I didn’t mean to put the bit about her representation she hasn’t appealed because she only received the letter from jacobs. Her v5 had her old address on until Jan 2019. And no it’s not parking related it’s driving in a bus lane. I’m sorry I hold my hands up I copied it from the other article that was posted.

Is there any articles related to a bus line driving complaint I could see to get an idea for what to put.

Thanks

Andrew

Thanks for the advice brassnecked

How far should we move the cars? And should we move them after Sunday morning or would they only start coming after the dead line at 4pm Sunday? Also I’m guessing not to answer the door and make sure the windows are locked and the side entrance is locked?

Thanks

Andrew

Andrew,

The bad news is that over 65% of these applications are rejected and this high figure is mainly due to poorly drafted witness statements. I am afraid that yours is not likely to be accepted. In the first instance, the forms should be addressed by your sister and not you.

Before going any further, you mention that your sister had 'appealed' the penalty charge to the council but had not received a response. I am assuming from this that the contravention was 'parking' related as opposed to a CCTV contravention (bus lane for example). If the debt is for parking, then she would need to submit an OOT witness statement as opposed to a statutory declaration.

PS: The reference to 'camera footage' is of no relevance as your sister appears to have already made representation to the council.

I have already answered your question about whether sending the forms will stop bailiffs attending (no they won't as the 'cut off' time to make a payment arrangement (and avoid a bailiff visit) is 6pm Monday. The earliest that enforcement would be placed 'on hold' would be early Tuesday morning.

You really do need to be making Jacobs aware of your sisters health and financial situation as soon as possible.

We live in a world where seeing is not believing, where only a few know what really happened.

NatWest Problem *****Refunded*****

Move them a fair way away, next street possibly do it ASAP, Jacobs might cruise past and see what is outside in readyness. They probably have your sister's car VRM from the PCN though.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Thanks for the advice Bailiff Advice

How should I word the reasons for the complaint on the TE7 and TE9 forms? Or do I just put didn’t receive any correspondence due to moving address?

And on updating Jacobs to my sisters financial situation can I write them a letter with a income n outgoing or do I need to ring them? And if I do will I be able to speak on her behalf?

Thanks

Andrew

We live in a world where seeing is not believing, where only a few know what really happened.

She doesn't have grounds to appeal against the ticket as it was her fault that no correspondence was received. It was her responsibility to inform the DVLA of a change of address and she didn't. That in itself is enough for the DVLA to fine her. By submitting a PE2 and PE3 stating that she did not change the registered keeper's address, she is placing herself at risk of a fine from the DVLA.

they only have 6mts

they are out of time

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If she can’t appeal against the ticket can she not get the fine back to the council or will it now have to stay with the bailiffs? She hasn’t got any money to pay up front and I don’t want to put my car or my brothers car at risk from bailiffs

Can she make an out of time for not receiving the correspondence?

Thanks

Andrew

She’s happy to pay the ticket with what she can afford on a repayment plan with the council. But if it stays with the bailiffs she’s never pay it off with their fees.

Andrew

can I just clarify something.the very first she knew about this PCN was when Jacobs came on the scene...she has not appealed or done anything to date?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi xd100uk

jacobs was the first she knew about it. Her v5 had her old address on until Jan 2019 so I assume all the letters from the council went to her old address but since Jacobs letter is dated Feb 2019 that’s why it came here because they had the new address then.

Thanks

Andrew

Jacobs would have traced her.

thread title updated for clarity of issue

and they

She doesn't have grounds to appeal against the ticket as it was her fault that no correspondence was received. It was her responsibility to inform the DVLA of a change of address and she didn't. That in itself is enough for the DVLA to fine her. By submitting a PE2 and PE3 stating that she did not change the registered keeper's address, she is placing herself at risk of a fine from the DVLA.

Whilst I agree with you that the reason WHY notices from the council had not been received (because there had been a delay in updating DVLA with the address details on the V5C), it doesn't change the fact that the notices were not RECEIVED and this is why the law provides for Out of Time witness statements (or statutory declarations) to be submitted. That is a fact.

I would disagree wth you on your point that motorists confirming on Out of Time witness statements that they had failed to update their V5c is placing them ay risk of fine from DVLA. I have submitted two Freedom of Informations requests on this very point to ascertain just how many people have been fined over the past 5 years and there appears to have been NO PROSECUTIONS at all.

Thanks for the advice Bailiff Advice

How should I word the reasons for the complaint on the TE7 and TE9 forms?

She cannot use forms TE7 and TE9. These forms are applicable for parking related offence. I suggested these forms after you had stated that your sister had made representation to the council and had not received a response. You posted back to confirm that in fact, no such representation had been made and that the offence was for a bus lane contravention. If so, the forms needed are forms PE2 and PE3.

PS: For anyone that may read this post anytime in the future, there is a great deal of confusion regarding the correct forms to be used when submitting an Out of Time witness statement.

The governments intention is that all these applications should be submitted as Witness Statements and this is why legislation had been passed 2 years ago to REVOKE forms PE2 and PE3 and replace them with forms TE7 and TE9. Although the legislation was in place, an an implementation date set (April 2017) the legislation was CANCELLED when the Prime Minister issued a snap general election. It has not as yet been placed back on the statute book. Therefore, the present position with the forms is as follows:

For all LOCAL authority issued parking contraventions....Forms TE7 and TE9 are needed.

For all LOCAL authority CCTV contraventions (bus lane, yellow box junctions, no right turn etc....Forms PE2 and PE3 are needed.

For Transport for London congestion charges ....forms PE2 and PE3 are needed.

For unpaid Dartford Crossing tolls....Forms TE7 and TE9 are needed.

For unpaid Merseyflow tolls....Forms TE7 and TE9 are needed.

If she can’t appeal against the ticket can she not get the fine back to the council or will it now have to stay with the bailiffs?

As she receives ESA and PIP, she is potentially a vulnerable person. She can contact the council and explain what has happened, tell them about he health conditions and ask that the debt is returned. It is at the discretion of the council if it agrees or not.

Hi everyone thank you for your replies

I’m a bit confused now thou on what I need to do tomorrow. I’ve moved all the cars and anything of value from the front. I’m I using the pe2 and pe3 forms for her. And if so am I putting that she didn’t received any of the letters because she had moved address? Also can she go to any court to get it witnessed?

Thanks

Andrew

you don't need to put WHY forms were not received

just that they were not..

yes ring the council.

you can explain her health etc and that you are submitting forms PE2 and PE3 and the rest of the story ….they might roll things back there and then..

dx

and they

Hi dx100uk

Thank you for clearing that up will I be able to ring the council for her or would she need to do it?

Im going to get her to go to the county court today to get the pe2 and pe3 forms witnessed. I’ll put the following for the reasons on the forms

Miss Victoria complains that the council failed to send correspondence relating to a Bus Lane Penalty charge notice.

Miss Victoria has been disadvantaged by this in two ways. Firsty, she has been denied the opportunity to pay the penalty at the earlier 50% discounted rate, and secondly, she has lost the opportunity to appeal the ticket.

Please let me know if anything needs to be changed.

I’m on break at 2pm so I could ring the council then to explain the situation to them. Or if my sister has too do it and I couldn’t on her behalf she could do it now. She could also head to the court to get the documents witnessed today.

I just need to send them to her but I’m not sure if what I posted above for the reasons will be enough or is right.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Andrew

you don't need to put WHY forms were not received just that they were not..

yes ring the council.you can explain her health etc and that you are submitting forms PE2 and PE3 and the rest of the story ….they might roll things back there and then..

Can I just correct you DX. Motorists absolutely MUST provide the reason WHY the Penalty Charge Notice had not been received.

If an error had been made with a penalty charge notice (for example; correspondence wrongly addressed......the penalty had already been paid...... or an appeal had been made to the council and there had been no response), then the motorist can request that the debt registration at the Traffic Enforcement Centre be CANCELLED. This is done by simply submitting either a Witness Statement (TE9) or Statutory Declaration (PE3) to the Traffic Enforcement Centre. Such an application must be made within a strict period of 21 days from the Order for Recovery. If payment is not made or a witness statement submitted within 21 days, then a warrant will be issued and the debt passed to bailiffs to enforce.

If the motorist had not received the OfR then clearly he would not have been able to submit a witness statement. Therefore, to ensure that he is not disadvantaged, legislation allows him to seek PERMISSION to submit a witness statement LATE (Out of Time) in other words, outside of the 21 day period.

In doing so, the motorist must send TWO forms to the Traffic Enforcement Centre. One form will be a Statutory Declaration (PE3). However he must ALSO send another form called a PE2 as well. This form is entitled:

Application to file a Statutory Declaration Out of Time.

Crucially, the form has the following words:

'My reasons for filing the Statutory Declaration outside the given time are as follows: (Please give FULL details)'.

So you see, when it comes to an Out of Time (late) statutory declaration, legislation provides that the motorist needs to provide FULL details as to WHY they are filing their Statutory Declaration LATE.

Hi dx100uk Im going to get her to go to the county court today to get the pe2 and pe3 forms witnessed. I’ll put the following for the reasons on the forms Miss Victoria complains that the council failed to send correspondence relating to a Bus Lane Penalty charge notice.

Miss Victoria has been disadvantaged by this in two ways. Firsty, she has been denied the opportunity to pay the penalty at the earlier 50% discounted rate, and secondly, she has lost the opportunity to appeal the ticket.

Andrew, as I have already pointed out, the forms need to be from Victoria herself. Furthermore, you simply cannot say the the council failed to send correspondence to her. This is because, they DID send the correspondence to her. They correctly sent correspondence to the address provided by DVLA (which was your sisters previous address). The council have done NOTHING wrong.

As I have stated many times, she needs to be providing a reason WHY she is sending the application late. The following is a really rough example which should be modified to suit:

I could not send this Statutory Declaration any sooner as I only became aware of this penalty on xxxx

The council have informed me that all letters from them had been sent to my previous address. I had already moved from that address before the bus lane offence.

I did update my Log Book with DVLA but this was only done in January 2019. The reason why I had not been able to update my address details sooner is because xxxx

Hi Bailiff Advice

So I need to put in the reasons for both forms that she didn’t receive the forms due to her not having the right address on her V5?

Sorry you’ve probably already said what I need to do but I’m crap with things like this and I’m just panicking because the clocks running out and I’ve still not rang the council or sent the letters because I don’t no if I can speak on my sister behalf or know exactly what to put in the reasons box.

I just don’t want to send them wrong even if there probably going to be rejected. I just want the Bailiffs stopped so we can park are cars back on the drive and my sister can set up a repayment plan to get this behind her

Thanks

Andrew

thank you BA I obviously read things wrong that it was a silly idea to admit it was a self inflicted error nothing was received

and they

Hi Bailiff Advice

So I need to put in the reasons for both forms that she didn’t receive the forms due to her not having the right address on her V5?

I hope now that you can understand why motorists should not be submitting these application without taking advice beforehand and also, why over 65% of such applications are REJECTED.

Unlike in the case of Out of Time witness statements (where the REASON for submitting the forms late is only needed to be provided on one of the forms (TE7), the same does not apply to Out of Time Statutory Declarations where there is a REASON box on each form.

As the PE3 only has a small amount of space, you should provided a shortened version of what you provide on the PE2.