• Tweets

• It is the usual rubbish.   It is cunningly designed to frighten you because it uses some words designed to provoke an emotional response such as Bankruptcy, charging, Warrant etc.   If you read it carefully it can be summed up as follows:   1. You were wise enough not to engage with us before and we are a bit pissed about that.   2. Because we are pissed but can do nothing else we are trying to frighten you with all the things someone else COULD (but probably wouldn't) do with keywords. Only our client and his solicitor could if they had a case.   3. More keywords because we are still pissed you have not engaged with us.   4. We have advised our client (though we probably haven't) to refer to solicitors for legal action because 1). we have failed to scare or engage you and 2). we have no power to take legal action ourselves, only solicitors engaged by our clients could do that.   5. We want to help you (for which read we want to help ourselves) and please look at the list of other people who can help you because a). we may be legally obliged to refer you to third party help and b). some of those guys will advise you to engage with us rather than put us to strict proof.   This letter should be filed along with it's envelope.  No need to respond in any way or have any anxiety about this one.
    • you get the council involved then as the noise is nuisance. You will need to keep a diary but whislt you are on to the council you ask them to see if they cna inspect the property as you belive that the works being doen come under building control and possibly breaching the London Fire Acts ( or similar for most cities) hopefully tey will send someone round and then tell you if they are happy or not with what they have seen. That will help you decide how you want to play things
    • Right, FOI requests cant be made to non governmental organisations and the charges wont be ILLEGAL so your mortgage co will read what you have written in such a way as to think tht you dotn know what you are on about and then try and blather or stall things whilst still rokking yu for every penny they can. now commercial mortgage so terms will be vastly different to home purchase and fees are part and parcel fo that game as a court will decide that you knew waht you were letting yourself into. That means you have to come up with somehting more than just pouring out your feelings for us to be able to offer some solid advice   so, sight of morgtage terms, statements of account, why they have got solicitors involved ( arrears?) what was the original interest and was that variable and if so on what basis?   we need to knwo an awful lost abotu how things have got to where they are and we also need to see the numbers so we can at least try an spot anything obvious
  • Our picks

• Future Comms is a Big Con. How to get out of it. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/417058-future-comms-is-a-big-con-how-to-get-out-of-it/
      • 4 replies
    • Future Comms issues. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416504-future-comms-issues/
      • 5 replies
    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies
rintyrad

Old quick quid debt 2012 now with PRA

I had a quickquid loan back in 2012 didn’t end up paying it back. It doesn’t show on my credit file. Quickquid sold it in 2013.

It’s currently with PRA group who chase me for it sometimes.

Now I was on a payment plan with payplan with last payment being in July 14. I asked payplan for records of who I was paying and I cant see anyone listed as quick quid theres one on there called Mackenzie Hall and cash window there the only ones I cant remember or are not sure who I might have been paying,

I’m worried PRA might go to court before this is potentially stat barred(if I did make a payment in July 14)

Do you think I should do anything, my last payment to quickquid would have been in 2012 so its stat barred if that’s the case, it’s just whether I did pay anything with payplan and it’s gone to a random debt collected.

Do you think I should be proactive and get an IRL complaint in or not do anything?

Forgot to say if i get an IRL complaint in i assume that would reset the stat barred clock

Quickquid trade under Casheuronets and Mackexnzie Hall would have been the DCA for your loan.

Sadly if you were paying payplan for this debt, the limitations would run from the date you last made a payment to payplan, so it would be from July 2014.

If you make an IRL claim it shouldn't reset anything unless I'm mistaken, unless it resets the clock by acknowledging the debt. Either way it's got to be easier to make an IRL claim, potentially get some defaults removed and wipe a big chunk of the debt out. At that point you should be able to challenge the enforceability of the debt if it ever went anywhere.

all i have had from PRA is a statement of account recently. i believe they leave me voicemails occasionally but i've got them blocked. if quick quid decide it was irresponsible i guess they could end up buying the debt back and then i have to pay it.

is it worth not doing anything for the time being or shall i get the irl complaint in>?