Intrum UK Finance - tesco credit card

Angel Steele
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1871 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Morning all

I unfortunately defaulted on a Tesco Credit Card in 2011. I continued to pay Tesco a small amount each month and the Default came off my Credit Report after the six year period in 2017.

Yesterday I received a letter from Tesco advising they had sold the debt to Intrum Finance. Oddly enough it was in the same envelope as the letter from Intrum advising they now had ownership of the debt and in one paragraph they said "the Credit Reference Agencies will soon update their records to say you owe money to us, not Tesco Personal Finance".

As it is over six years since the Default with Tesco does the fact that they have bought the debt now mean there will be a further Default on my Credit Report lodged by them?

you would query it , should be a button to dispute on the entry, they probably just sent standard template one fit all type, so just keep an eye on entries probably not see it from now on, how are you going to deal with the DCA?

Both same envelope is standard procedure these days and accepted thru authorisation between companies so no argument there

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Send them a cca request now the debt has been sold

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for replies so far. Letter from Tesco says they have assigned it to Intrum.

I have been paying Tesco a small amount each month so will continue to pay Intrum the same. Their letter was more advisory than anything else. It gave their bank account details - I usually paid Tesco by electronic transfer each month.

Why would I need to send a CCA Request - to see if they have bought the debt or are just acting on behalf of Tesco you mean?

Its sold

You have a notice of assignment

Cca them

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I am sure you have covered this,did you have PPI with the account.

CCA will throw up any ???? with the account, for example have they all the correct documentation for starters.Opinions vary on this but I would send the CCA request to Intrum,they will probably reply they will have to go back to Tesco,they have a time limitation to reply often referred to as 12+2 days to reply

FS

When did you take out the card, that might have a bearing on how you deal with this if it was before 2007.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Hope its ok to jump in here. I have had the same letter. Checked my noddle and saw that Intrum had done a search.

My card was taken out between 1999-2001 i think. It was defaulted in 2004.

Brassnecked, whats the difference if it was taken out before 2007 ?.

please start a new thread

this one is for advising AS

and they