Jump to content


BankFodder BankFodder


Council not responding to my personal injury claim

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 476 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts



I rent a garage from the local council (have done for 10 yrs).

I reported it faulty (2017), but they did nothing.


I chased several times and advised them that there was a danger that the damage could cause and injury

(an 'up and over' garage door where the springs had snapped and the door would bang down uncontrollably).


Several weeks after I had informed them that it could cause an injury (no response from Council),

the door came crashing down on my head causing quite bad bruising to the side of my head, ear & chin (March 2018).


I reported this to the Council

- no response (sending to different email addresses listed on the council website).


I repeated several times more and was eventually contacted by maintenance (no mention of the injury) who arranged for the door to be replaced (about 3-4 months after the injury).


I have since pursued a personal injury claim with the Council

- filling out their insurance claim document etc.

but have received no acknowledgement or contact from them or their insurers (Zurich Municipal).


I have contacted several personal claim companies, but no one is interested in taking it on as the injury is considered minor therefore the level of claim not worth their while.


I want to pursue this, and happy to do so myself as I feel I have a strong case and want to make the council accountable for their inaction, but I’m unsure of the next step?

Some forums suggest small claims court, but isn't that for outstanding money?

If so, how would/could I monetarise a bang on the head and associated bruising?


Help please?

Edited by dx100uk

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

thread moved to the correct forum


the experts should be around in the morning



please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..


if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

A small claim process it is exactly what you need for this kind of thing.


However, we need to Decide on a value for your injuries and any other inconveniences you have suffered.


Have you got any doctor's records for this?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...