Hi

Marston Group have been hounding me for the last 4-5 months for what they claim to be an outstanding Dartcharge penalty notice (which originated 12 months before). I have advised them numerous times that Dartcharge have rescinded the charge as the mistake was theirs & I HAD paid the crossing fee.

Marston Group have attempted to send bailiffs round - I've never seen them (I live away from home) but have received VERY threatening hand delivered notes (to remove goods to the value of the debt, over Christmas – good luck, I wasn’t there but it did scare me).

I’ve never received anything from court advising any court action or request to attend – I’ve only had Marston Group advise me it’s been to court, but no information where or when. - How could they have gone to court when there is no outstanding penalty notice? :???:

I have sent Marston Group proof the penalty notice was withdrawn and have advised them to contact Dartcharge if they do not believe me. They are still insisting that I pay them what is owing - currently standing at nearly £500. I have also advised them too that their continued hounding constitutes as harassment, a criminal offence under Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1190 and section 2 of the protection from Harassment Act 1997. (as per CAB website)

Surely, if the crossing was paid and Dartcharge have rescinded the penalty notice (& I have proof), I should not have to pay Marston Group anything?

Advice please?

Thread moved to the appropriate forum..please continue to post here to your thread.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Donate button Give something back to the Consumer Action Group   

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi

Marston Group have been hounding me for the last 4-5 months for what they claim to be an outstanding Dartcharge penalty notice (which originated 12 months before). I have advised them numerous times that Dartcharge have rescinded the charge as the mistake was theirs & I HAD paid the crossing fee.

I’ve never received anything from court advising any court action or request to attend – I’ve only had Marston Group advise me it’s been to court, but no information where or when. - How could they have gone to court when there is no outstanding penalty notice? :???

I have sent Marston Group proof the penalty notice was withdrawn and have advised them to contact Dartcharge if they do not believe me. They are still insisting that I pay them what is owing - currently standing at nearly £500.

As this debt is for a Dart Charge penalty the amount that Marston's would be instructed to collect would be £425.00 and not £500.

What date was the crossing and what time and date did you make payment?

Did you make a single or a return journey on the Dartford Crossing?

You state that the Penalty Charge Notice has been rescinded.When was it rescinded? What evidence have you provided to Marston's?

Hi

It was a single crossing (car & caravan) in September 2017, which I paid at the time, but Dartcharge missed. They sent a pently notice which i never recieved. In Sept 18, marston group sent a letter regarding the non payment of the notice, which i queried with dartcharge. Dartcharge accepted my proof of payment and emailed me to say they had withdrawn the penalty notice (sept/Oct 18). I informed Marston group but they have continued to hound.

The initial costs were low (can't remember how much), but have continued to increase with every letter and visit from them due to admin and other charges (which I don't have to hand).

You can tell them until you are blue in the face about your situation. They have heard it all before. But they have instructions from the Court that you owe money and they have to obey the instructions from the Court.

To stop them you need Dartcharge to get them to stop. You must call them and back it up with a very strong letter that you are being harassed by Marston over their mistake. I would have thought that unless this a second occasion in which there was a problem at the Crossing that you should be in line for an amount of compensation for such a serious breach of GDPR from Dartchange. Another good reason to contact them.

Do as advised before Marstons fetch up and clamp your car or tow your caravan if they are outside your house.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Hi

It was a single crossing (car & caravan) in September 2017, which I paid at the time, but Dartcharge missed. They sent a pently notice which i never recieved. In Sept 18, marston group sent a letter regarding the non payment of the notice, which i queried with dartcharge. Dartcharge accepted my proof of payment and emailed me to say they had withdrawn the penalty notice (sept/Oct 18). I informed Marston group but they have continued to hound.

The initial costs were low (can't remember how much), but have continued to increase with every letter and visit from them due to admin and other charges (which I don't have to hand).

So, Marston's wrote to you in September and following this letter, you contacted Dart Charge and after making the necessary enquiries, they emailed you to state that they had withdrawn the penalty charge notice. This is all well and good BUT, by this time, a warrant of control had been issued. Most importantly, have Highways England RECALLED the warrant from Marston's? It is their responsibility to do so.

What you need to do is to call Dart Charge (on 0300 300 0120) and ask them to CONFIRM whether they have recalled the warrant. Can you post back once you have called them.

Hi

Update, i emailed Marston and copied DartCharge, including the email from Dartcharge confirming there was no offence committed. Marston have emailed back to confirm that their client (Highways England) have requested the warrant back and that they will no longer pursue me.

They appologised for any distress caused....

Thanks for the update. Thread title changed to reflect the outcome.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Please fill in your quit date here