Halifax Hate.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6266 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone. This is only really my second post since I joined in March. It was my dad who showed me this website and how thankful I am to him now. I spent a good hour crying and stressing tonight because my internet service provider, Pipex, have taken out the direct debit early AGAIN :mad: so that's TWO times now, after agreeing a date with them so as it WOULDN'T happen again. Anyhoo, I called the bank and said, no, I won't pay it I REFUSE. So the 1st girl said that there's nothing she can do and they can't refund it whatsoever I have to speak to Pipex as this is their fault and Halifax have already refunded once before when this happened as a "goodwill gesture". Goodwill my backside, they have no grounds to make these charges on!! She upset me so much I eventually hung up on her. Called Pipex who asked me to send the proof in I was being charged by post. At first I refused because I still haven't heard back about the one from August!!! I said to him what good is that to me I'm obviously not going to get a reply any time soon am I. He advised to call back tomorrow and speak to their Finance dept who work 9am - 5.30pm. I asked if he was billing trained and he said no. So really, why does the option offer you to go through to that department if they are not open at that time of night.... So, I now have to fax this dratted bank charge letter through to Pipex tomorrow from my work as that's the only place I can do from anyway. Halifax have upset me so much by not refunding the charge that not only do I want that back but I want EVERYTHING back that they have ever shafted me for since I opened the account which will probably be around 6 years :p. I'd love to hear some advice from others on the best way to go about it. I'm gonna read up on it tomorrow at work as I have all-day internet access. Maybe print out a swift letter or 2 from work as I have access to a printer there ....;) they so deserve it. The second man at Halifax was rather rude to me and didn't even care if I were to cancel the account and take all the money from it. *sigh* I want to get them and get them GOOD. please help!! :)

haileyraeburn firstly you need to read read and read, it is so much easier after reading up the faq's and some peeps posts and if you need advise then stick to this thread. Send the bank a SAR (subject access request)with the £10 required which will take up to 40 days whilst your waiting get stuck in and read as much as your head can take. Find the SAR in the templates library, good luck.

Welcome.

Before you start please have a thorough read of the FAQs (there’s a Step by Step guide here too). You should print both of these out to refer to, so as to avoid having to ask basic questions later.

Then look at other threads in your bank’s forum, so as you know what you can expect to happen

You need to spend 2 or 3 days gradually getting your head round everything. If you find a forum/thread/post of interest, save it in your Favourites, so as you can always find it easily.

There’s a lot to take in, but it’s time well spent and will ensure that you succeed in your claim without problems. Remember it’s not a race, don’t rush, just follow the guidelines one step at a time

This is a self-help forum and you must be prepared to put in time and effort. It is your claim, your money and you cannot expect others to do all the work for you.

When you feel confident that you understand the process and the various stages involved, start a new thread in your bank’s forum and post your progress and any questions there and you’ll get plenty of help

All the info to get you started is here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....se-read-these/

Finally the Moderators and Site Helpers are having to spend far too much time dealing with unnecessary and avoidable errors in claims caused by impatience, ignorance or just plain laziness. If you don’t know what to do next, ask. If you don’t understand something, ask. It might be a dumb question, but it’s a lot easier to sort out than a dumb mistake.

Good luck

thank you guys, was just getting a quick feeler for the forum before I toddle off to bed tonight. Much reading will be done tomorrow and a few letters printed out I have no doubt. Will advise on progress soon as I am very, VERY keen to bring Halifax down and give them again what they deserve :) thanks so much, you're all so helpful, you've given me hope.

Well, posted my S.A.R letter this morning, haha, i was queuing (sp?!) up outside the post office waiting for it to open at 9am before I went to work so I could get it posted recorded delivery! So, that's it done now, the process is started. Do I start my 40 days from today? Or when they sign for the letter?? Thanks guys :D

• 2 weeks later...

well, only a wee update, still not heard a peep from them although they have cashed the £10 fee and I see that it cleared on the 1st December. Someone received and signed for the letter on 27th November, do I start the 40 days from there yeh? Thanks.

As that's when you've seen proof of them receiving the letter, yes that's when to count the 40 days from. And you don't have to add on any extra just because there's a bunch of bank holidays coming up - isn't that nice?

I found my statements came about 3 weeks after my cheque was cashed, and about 4 days after my 'statements are being sent' letter. So maybe a nice Christmas present?

HALIFAX

30th Oct 06 - 18th Jan 07 - Success in claiming £3617.95

HALIFAX 2nd claim

5th Mar - 16th Apr - Success in claiming £176

EGG (3 accounts)

20th Jan 07 - SAR posted

17th Mar 07 - Paperwork received - bits missing

19th Mar - Non-compliance for missing bits posted

9th Apr - ICO complaint filed

BARCLAYCARD

20th Jan 07 - SAR posted

21st Mar - Statements received

23rd Mar - Prelim posted

31st Mar - Offer for £30 rec'd

10th Apr - LBA sent

• 1 month later...

Hi all, posted off my 1st charge refund request letter to Halifax and it was received by them on 25.01.07. I received a letter back from them today dated 30.01.07 stating that I will "receive a reply shortly, but certainly no later than 4 weeks." Do I accept this or because I have given them 14 days starting from 25.01.07, do I stick to my guns and send the second request letter if they haven't replied by the 7th of February? Please help! Thanks!

Stick to your timelines... I have read and read this forum and these are your terms not theirs!

Good luck!:D

26/01/2007 = Requested 6 Years Bank Statements.

02/02/2007 = Received statements, charges £1,684.

02/02/2007 = Sent Prelim Letter recorded delivery!

:D

:) Thanks, I thought but I just wanted to make double sure I was doing it right. Just a bit afraid in case it goes to court haha! I should think they'll give it back, it's only £249 so I doubt they'd bother going to court for that would they?

You never can tell from what I have read.. If you did go to court just think, you will get more back! :rolleyes: All I know is that it seems everyone is getting back what they are owed.. power to us I say!

Im still waiting for statements at the mo.. can not wait till I can get my first letter sent! :D

Go for it haileyraeburn!

26/01/2007 = Requested 6 Years Bank Statements.

02/02/2007 = Received statements, charges £1,684.

02/02/2007 = Sent Prelim Letter recorded delivery!

:D