Lowell Portfolio - BOS Credit Card. Claim form

whooros
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1900 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Name of the Claimant ? Lowell Portfolio I Ltd

Date of issue – top right hand corner of the claim form – this in order to establish the time line you need to adhere to. 29/01/2019

Particulars of Claim

What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim?

1) The Defendant opened a Bank of Scotland ( Credit Card) regulated consumer credit account under reference xxxxxxxxxx on 08/06/2009 ('the Agreement')

2) In breach of the Agreement, the Defendant failed to maintain the required payments and the Agreement was terminated.

3) The Agreement was later assigned to the Claimant on 17/06/2015 and written notice given to the Defendant.

4)Despite repeated requests for payment, the sum of £3,229.76 remains due and outstanding. And the Claimant claims

a) The said sum of £3229,76

b) The interest pursuant to s69 Count Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% per annum from the date of assignment to the date of issue, accruing at a daily rate of £0.708, but limited to one year, being £258.38

c)costs

Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) ? Yes

Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred? Yes in January 2018

Did you inform the claimant of your change of address? No

What is the total value of the claim? £3753.14

Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? Yes, credit card

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 'Don't remember, may well have been 08/06/2009 as mentioned in the claim particulars

Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/Equifax /Etc...) ? Yes

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. The debt purchaser issued the claim

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? I dont remember receiving one

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? Don't remember

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year TBH as soon as I see Lowell on the letter head I tend not to read it -

Why did you cease payments? Financial difficulties

What was the date of your last payment? 04/12/2012

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? No

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? No

I'll be sending a CCA and a CPR31.14 request off tomorrow. I was planning a defence based upon SB but with the last payment being 04/12/2012 I don't think that will stick as the COA date doesn't seem to be the last payment date any longer?

2012/13 was a really bad 12 months financially and personally and Lowell have been harassing me for every defaulted debt from this period for a long time. Lowell already have 3 CCJ's on my file, for 2 of them they placed a charge on my property. These were paid when I moved house at the start of 2018. I don't want a new CCJ and I hate the thought of having to pay these guys a single penny more.

Any and all help gratefully received

cause of action on a credit card is the date of last payment or written acknowledgement the debt is yours.

If you are 100% sure of the date of last payment, send the SB defence and its up to them to prove otherwise. They are well known fleecers for lying and hoping to get a judgement . Regarding your other CCJ's with them, are you sure they werent just restriction K's with the charges?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Restriction K is just a general charge. Meaning they only have to be informed of the sale. Not paid. Thats what lowell usually go for

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Deal with the other debts on a new thread please

Go ring BOS and ask last payment date

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

What was the date of your last payment? 04/12/2012

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Default history on your CRAs ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

And you have never acknowledged the debt or made payment to Lowell...and the default was placed 6 months later.

As a guideline...first missed contractual payment date plus 3 further missed payments....by this time a default notice should have been issued...plus 14 days to rectify the breach....so they are actually 2 months over which is quite good compared to other threads.

I dont think you can claim its statue barred in this instance...

Thank you all for your time and advice. Could I just clarify though.....

I have two conflicting responses, one saying that coa date is that of last payment for credit cards, which would open up for a sb defence.

And the latest which suggests that the default date is the coa which would rule out sb?

with Credit cards its the last date of payment or express written acknowledgement that the debt is yours. Give the credit card supplier a ring, find out the last payment that YOU made and send the SB defence.