ParkWatch ANPR PCN entering bus-taxi only area - Ricoh Arena - Foleshill Road - coventry

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1895 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, I would appreciate some advice regarding a Parking Charge Notice that I received.

As the register keeper I received a PCN for entering a buses only access at Tesco Ricoh Arena - Bus Interchange

The PCN was issued on the 21st January 2019. The amount is for £100 reduce to £60 if paid within 14 days (today).

I find excessive this charge, specially that a driver would not be able to read their "Access Notice" sign stating their terms and conditions from the car. The signs are inside the area so in order to see them you have to have already accessed the private land.

Is there any way to contest this charges.

please complete this:

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?462118-Have-you-received-a-Parking-Ticket-(4-Viewing)-nbsp

there is no such thing as:

entering a buses only access at Tesco Ricoh Arena

on private land.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you for your prompt response

For PCN's received through the post [ANPR camera capture]

please answer the following questions.

1 Date of the infringement 12/01/2019

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 21st January 2019

3 Date received 23 January 2019

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [y/n?] Yes

"You are notified under paragraph 9(2)(b) of schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 that the driver of the motor vehicle is required to pay this parking charge in full."

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes

6 Have you appealed? {y/n?] post up your appeal] Not yet. What should I write.

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up No

7 Who is the parking company? Park Watch

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] It is the Bus Interchange Area at Tesco Arena Shopping Centre in Coventry. It is just off Foleshill Road at the back of Tesco

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. IAS (POPLA)

There are two official bodies, the BPA and the IAS. If you are unsure,

please check HERE

If you have received any other correspondence, please mention it here. I haven't received anything else

scan up both sides to the NTK to ONE multipage PDF

read upload

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I found this appeal template to send to the Parking Company (Park Watch)

Do you think is adequate to use it as it is?

Re PCN number:

I dispute your 'parking charge', as the keeper of the vehicle.

I deny any liability or contractual agreement and I will be making a formal complaint about your predatory conduct to your client landowner and to my MP.

There will be no admissions as to who was driving and no assumptions can be drawn.

Since your PCN is a vague template, I require ALL photos taken and an explanation of the allegation and your evidence, i.e.:

- If the allegation concerns a PDT machine, the data supplied in response to this appeal must include the record of payments made - showing partial VRNs - and an explanation of the reason for the PCN, because your Notice does not explain it.

- If the allegation involves an alleged overstay of minutes, your evidence must include the actual grace period agreed by the landowner.

If you fail to evidence the actual grace period that applies at this site or suggest that only one period applies, this will be disregarded as an attempt to mislead.

In the absence of evidence, it will be reasonably taken to be a minimum of twenty minutes (ten on arrival and ten after parking time) in accordance with the official BPA article by Kelvin Reynolds about 'observation periods' on arrival being additional and separate to a 'grace period' at the end.

- in all cases, you must include a close up actual photograph of the sign you contend was at the location on the material date.

Formal note:

Should you later pursue this charge by way of litigation, note that service of any legal documents by email is expressly disallowed and you are not entitled to assume that the data in this dispute/appeal remains the current address for service in the future.

Yours faithfully,

Edited by dx100uk
merge

had to hide your NTK you've not bothered to redact it

please read upload carefully

as for that appeal

not sure where its come from, but not on CAG and we don't recommend appealing unless the experts tell you too.

far too many things you can open yourself upto if you send that for sure..

and they

Anything that identifies you as the driver is a no no, it makes it easier for the fleecers succeed in any claim they might be silly enough to issue, not that they can't be defeated as they usually mess up somewhere. It just makes it harder to bat them away.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I wouldn't appeal as you might inadvertantly identify yourself as the driver, and there is no legal compusion in a private parking matter to name a driver unlike say a speeding case which is criminal. One idiotic PPC did try threatening use of a Norwich Pharmacal Order to force the Keeper to name the driver, but that would be too expensive and wouldn't work anyway, as is sledgehammer to crack nut and out of all proportion to any potential claim arising from a Private Parking claim..

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

you need to understand that these parking co's cant amke money by any other way than inventing things for you to do wrong. As already said, there is no such contractual term and it isnt trespass ( not to do with parking co anyway) so you are left with just telling lies and hoping you pay up.

For thsi reason any appeal will fail because they arent going to admit their is no lawful reason for them to demand anything as they wont earn a bean so my advice is you do not respond and let them waste their money chasing you..

As you see, they use ANPR to capture your vehicle reg number but that doesnt tell them much as it wouldnt indicate if you were a taxi for example as they have no lawful access to any database held by the local licencing authority so just send out letters to everyone and wait for an indignant response from cabbies and them put them on a whitelist for the future. Yiou can bet that buses got demands uintil they were told off, they are supposed to use a bit of brainpower to sift out such things but often they dont.

If you appeal it doesnt speed things up or change the ultimate outcome as a lack of appealing isnt a matter than can be considered and nor can the bad behaviour of them sending out multiple threatening letters, just the evidence used at the end.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras, typos