Jump to content


Alex_PN

Motonovo & DWF LLP - not sure what do

Recommended Posts

ahhhh, what a mess this has turned out to be! desperately trying to find emails that I've sent....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

its a shame you appears to have gone radio silent on them once you knew about vt.

 

were you made aware there was a serious financial difference between VT and VS at anytime by them?...

 

cause if you were IMHO, they have [rubbing their hands together] taken the option that made them the most money.

 

urm…

 

when was your last payment?

 

did you instigate comms with them after that wanting to resolve the issue...or did they have to kick you to make you 1st respond to the outstanding sums and what date was this?


PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

 

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got this email back from them after the botched call to discuss my options, and I'm just trying to find the remaining conversation and what I said in response. But yes, unfortunately I was under immense pressure with life and just buried my head in the sand.

 

Good morning

 

Thank you very much for confirming the information requested.

 

Your agreement is currently in arrears of £1,090.01, due to a returned direct debit plus charges.

 

Apologies for the delayed response sent the missed contact opportunity, due to being an inbound call centre it gets quite difficult for us to make follow up call and for that I can only apologise.

 

Are you able to contact us at your earliest convenience to complete the I&E as I wouldn’t want to give a set time and not adhere to it.

 

It appears that your next monthly instalment is due on 31st of August for £245.87, will this payment be made on time?

 

As a notice of default has been allocated to the agreement it would provide you 21 days from date of letter (today) to bring agreement up to date, if you are unable to do so we would need to take further action to prevent the agreement falling further into arrears.

 

We have explained the voluntary termination process below, However, you do have the option to part exchange the vehicle or sell the vehicle providing we receive full settlement. The current settlement figure stands at £8,387.25 and is valid until 03/09/2018.

 

As outlined in your agreement you will be liable to pay upto half of the total repayable amount, If you have already passed your halfway paid mark you will be required to continue making monthly payments until your termination letter has been received, any overpayment will be used towards your liability if required.

 

Here are a list of our requirements and charges if not present. The charges reflect the loss at auction.

 

Current MOT certificate - £75 if missing

V5 Registration document (log book) - £235 if missing

Service History Book - £25 if missing

Proof of regular servicing - £300 if not maintained

Master/Spare Key – At BVRLA cost price

Vehicle Manual - £10

 

Please note, this is also followed by an inspection by one our agents. They will come to inspect/collect the vehicle after arranging the best time and place with you. They will be looking for any damages to the vehicle. For example, any scratches, dents, damages to alloys etc.

 

If any damage is found, the agent will issue you with a report. You have the opportunity to dispute any damages found, but please be assured this is reviewed by MotoNovo to ensure the inspection is fair. You will only be billed for anything above average wear and tear.

 

If you do wish to voluntary terminate your vehicle, please confirm either via telephone or in response to this email with a handwritten letter attached and a copy of your driving licence. Once it has been received, we will pass this onto the relevant team who will start the Voluntary Termination process. You will then receive written confirmation of this and contact from your collection agents.

 

This will be noted on your credit file as a VT “voluntary termination”, you may no longer be eligible for future finance with MotoNovo.

 

I can note information with regards to not collecting vehicle from household however if collection of vehicle is not agreed to prior to collection and agreement is going down the route of repossession you will not be notified until arrive to collect the vehicle so it is best to work with us before it gets to that stage.

 

Please be aware that your agreement is a fixed term contract that is secured against your vehicle. Failure to maintain payments can incur charges, affect your credit file and possibly put your vehicle at risk.

 

Kind regards

 

Kind Regards

******

Collector

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

last payment would have been 1 May 2018... I'd been on a payment plan with them, and paid a big lump sum to bring me back up to date...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so your troubles with paying them date from an earlier time then..when did your troubles start?

 

were you made aware there was a serious financial difference between VT and VS at anytime by them?...

 

did they have to kick you to make your 1st respond to the outstanding sums ? or did you contact them first and explain you had issues?


PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

 

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, at no point was the difference between VT and VS explained properly. I'd had problems with the finance though for months, and had been in contact with them to discuss payment arrangements, lower payments for a while, and then catching up.

 

the communication had been very consistent from me taking the finance, up until May 2018, when I started panicking. I'd been very straight with them about job changes, and had a lot of chats on the phone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so at no point did they even mention vs which is the route that they took

everything seems to be indicating and keeping to the line that you wanted vt from the very 1st time they mentioned it, never once mentioning vs.

 

imho you have a very good case here.

 

so upto you.

 

either

await the sar.

 

or write back now,

stating you feel it is unfair they have 'taken advantage of your simple failure to say yes to vt' to charge you more than what they should when it was clear from the get go that vt was the way you wanted to go.

 

they have failed to treat you fairly


PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

 

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okie doke, I'll send a generic email back to say I will wait for the SAR info. Typically, I am struggling to find more emails than I think I need to support this that go beyond the last communication above. I think my plan will be to string this out as long as possible, and throw as much argument their way as I can. They knew literally from about month 3 of the agreement that I was in trouble with money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

either above not write stating you'll await the sar.

 

pers i'd do the latter.


PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

 

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll wait to see what they come back with! Thanks for the advice so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Have we helped you ...?


×
×
  • Create New...