• Tweets

• The move marks the first time the country's central bank has raised interest rates for 17 years.View the full article
    • The move marks the first time the country's central bank has raised interest rates for 17 years.View the full article
    • The firm has benefited from the AI boom, making it the third-most valuable company in the US.View the full article
    • Former billionaire Hui Ka Yan has been fined and banned from the financial market for life.View the full article
    • In terms of "why didn't I make a claim" - well, that has to be understood in the context of the long-standing legal battle and all its permuations with the shark. In essence there was a repo and probable fire sale of the leasehold property - which would have led to me initiating the complaint/ claim v SPF in summer 19. But there was no quick sale. And battle commenced and it ain't done yet 5y later. A potential sale morphed into trying to do a debt deal and then into a full blown battle heading to trial - based on the shark deliberately racking up costs just so the ceo can keep the property for himself.  Along the way they have launched claims in 4 different counties -v- me - trying to get a backdoor B. (Haven't yet succeeded) Simultaneously I got dragged into a contentious forfeiture claim and then into a lease extension debacle - both of which lasted 3y. (I have an association with the freeholders and handled all that legal stuff too) I had some (friend paid for) legal support to begin with.  But mostly I have handled every thing alone.  The sheer weight of all the different cases has been pretty overwhelming. And tedious.  I'm battling an aggressive financial shark that has investors giving them 00s of millions. They've employed teams of expensive lawyers and barristers. And also got juniors doing the boring menial tasks. And, of course, in text book style they've delayed issues on purpose and then sent 000's of docs to read at the 11th hour. Which I not only boringly did read,  but also simultaneously filed for ease of reference later - which has come in very handy in speeding up collating legal bundles and being able to find evidence quickly.  It's also how I found out the damning stuff I could use -v- them.  Bottom line - I haven't really had a moment to breath for 5y. I've had to write a statement recently. And asked a clinic for advice. One of the volunteers asked how I got into this situation.  Which prompted me to say it all started when I got bad advice from a broker. Which kick-started me in to thinking I really should look into making some kind of formal complaint -v- the broker.  Which is where I am now.  Extenuating circumstances as to why I'm complaining so late.  But hopefully still in time ??  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Southern Water/ Shulmans claimform - water and sewerage charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1528 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It's been a while since I have send a SAR to Southern Water.

Should I chase it, check with SW if it was correct or wait?

SAR sent out on 09/02/19

i just have received statement of the account dated 26/02/19 I did requested this previously from DCA but they failed to provided it, so SW done it.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

sar is 30 days

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

There is a little progress with the regards to SAR

Today I've received the letter explaining that "we cannot answer an enquiry that asks to see all information we hold about you. This request is too general or us to be able to make a reasonable search. However, I am pleased to provide the specified information you have requested."

Then further explains that they send me encrypted USB stick with the required data. 

The phone calls recordings are apparently kept for 13 months only.

The USB stick arrived in second envelope by "Sign for" service. 

The problem I have now that I can't unlock the USB stick with the password provided by SW. Its Corsair Padlock 3 and following instruction in the letter did not unlock it. I've watched, videos on YouTube and went on Corsair website for detailed info and still not luck. I gonna give it 12 hours rest as it maybe antihack locked after many unsuccessful attempts to unlock it.

PDF copy of the letter from SW attached.

If somebody can delete the pictures above as it is  not PDF , please do it.

SAR_request_reply_SW(1).pdf

Good evening, 

I have just been able to open the USB stick with data requested. 

There is not much info added to what I already have, all blls, recording of one phone call from March 2019, emails  between UKSearch and SW, Remainder and automated letters and account notes.

The account notes do mention taking my details from Landlor in 2012,  phone call in 2014 but only as advise to set up payment scheme  and phone call in 2015 with more details regarding the fact that I was not living there since 2008 and was working away.

Nothing helpful.

They keep the notes to minimum and only what they want to put in there.

I will upload PDF of the notes if anyone is interested and just as a warning to make your own recordings and notes.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, 

Just an update to my dealings with Southern Water. 

They just registered SECOND DEFAULT on my credit file for the same debt, with later date and lower amount but still for the same money.I

First one has been removed before six years time lapsed, but would be removed by now anyway as it was registered with date 04.2012.

Can they do this?

According to Southern Water 1st default was registered in Nov 2012.

Then it was removed by SW as the account wasn't correct.

Then they registered new one from August 2013, but I had no default on my file since 2017.

Then one appeared just days ago for the recently updated amount of £968.70 

Apparently is the same default since 2013.

I'm confused and I will appreciate any advice in regards to the situation.

Should I do anything or just wait till August when its disappear again?

do you mean default notices or D in the calendar section of the credit file?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

First Default on my file had note that it was registered by SW in 2012, the one that appeared now it's says registered by SW  in August 2013. Between mid 2017 and now I had no default on my account and my score was Good now is Poor. 

complain to the ICO and in the meanwhile get the cra to put a notice of correction on your file whilst you fight  it out

a recent higher court decision has given any comapny the opportunity to abuse the default date reporting process and they are certainly doing so. In extreme cases they can drag out a default for 5 years

• 2 months later...

I came back home on Monday and found this Claim form in my letter box.

In the light of what I have explained earlier in regards to this debt claim, can anyone tell if I have any chance fighting it in th Court.

SW in the last conversation request the proof of me living somewhere else, which I can't provide. They have info from the landlord of property being rented to me, I was there on electoral register, had bank account opened on this address, Driving licence had this address etc., but I wasn't living there. 

Name of the Claimant -  Southern Water services

Date of issue – 12/06/2019

Particulars of Claim

The Claimant is a statutory water and sewerage undertaker pursuant to the Water Industry Act 1991(the Act).

The Claimant claims the sum £969 for unpaid water and/or sewerage charges payable under s. 142-144 of the Act and the Claimants' Charges Scheme.

The unpaid sum of £969 is for water and/or sewerages provided to the Defendant(s) at

.....(address) for the period 01/04/2014 to 08/07/2015.

The claimant claims interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year  from 08/07/2015 to 11/06/2019 on £304 and also interest at the same rate up to the date of the judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of £0.21

What is the total value of the claim?

£1423

Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC ( Pre Action Protocol) ?

yes Letter before Action

Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred? 

Yes, COA address.

Did you inform the claimant of your change of address?

No

Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account?   

No, water charges

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ?

Allegedly after - April 2012

Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post ?

No

Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/ Equifax /Etc...) ?

No, no anymore

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim.

Southern Water - original creditor

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment?

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor?

No.

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ?

No

Why did you cease payments?

Never. I wasn't aware of bills.

What was the date of your last payment?

Never

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved?

Yes, creditor did not take my notice of bills being wrongly issued in my name.

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan?

No

So between 08/07/2015 to 11/06/2019, did you have an agreement with the landlord in respect of this address where the water bill is owed ?  If so, did the agreement with landlord say you were responsible for water & sewerage charges ? 

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

don't forget, this is a speculative claim by Shulmans , as with all these Shulman water claimforms they are involved in. 

hoping for a default non contested judgement. hence the obv date mistake in the POC 

[we need to see the full poc please..not etc etc. 

I know its std..but the devil is in the exact details of what is written verbatim.]

dx

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to Southern Water/ Shulmans claimform - water and sewerage charges

checking the dates on the the claim form and the details from SW I've realized they use sum from 2013-2015 and state that is only for 2014-2015 it's second time UK search/Shulman's make this mistake.

Is it the one you talking about?

I will type in full wording of particulars later on.

I don't have copy of it with me, I didn't want to make it too long as it all standard.

they can only take you to court for monies owing back 6 yrs from the DATE ON THE CLAIMFORM.top right

if the POC says dif.

that's what im pointing out.

and they

Ok, here is the full wording of the Particulars of Claim.

The Claimant is a statutory water and sewerage undertaker pursuant to the Water Industry Act 1991(the Act).

The Claimant claims the sum £969 for unpaid water and/or sewerage charges payable under s. 142-144 of the Act and the Claimants' Charges Scheme.

The unpaid sum of £969 is for water and/or sewerages provided to the Defendant(s) at

.....(address) for the period 01/04/2014 to 08/07/2015.

The claimant claims interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year  from 08/07/2015 to 11/06/2019 on £304 and also interest at the same rate up to the date of the judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of £0.21

On ‎19‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 16:49, dx100uk said:

they can only take you to court for monies owing back 6 yrs from the DATE ON THE CLAIMFORM.top right

so the POC says dif.

that's what im pointing out

So you saying, that they can't claim money from the bill from April 2013, even if there was exchange of correspondence with regards to the alleged debt? And this is why they say their claiming from April 2014, but sum still include money from 2013?

I do apologize if it's something obvious and I ask dumb question, but this is stressing me again so much that I may loose clear judgement of the situation. :-)

via their POC section 69 interest they've actually ack'd that some of the claim is SB'd…[int start date=08/07/2015]

the claimform date is 12/06/2019 ...some of the claim must thus be statute barred..

and no you cant reset the sb date by acking it once 6yrs has already expired..not even a judge can change an SB expitation…..

now i'll poke my neck here...….

go ring your contact in SW again

explain the above.

I bet they have no knowledge as in other Shulman claimform threads here that a claim has been issued and will be very annoyed it has secretly.

also ask about the Water Direct scheme. you could get this claim cancelled as in other threads 

and they

These dates stated are within last 6 years. So what is the challenge here. Are the dates/amounts wrong ?

"for the period 01/04/2014 to 08/07/2015.

The claimant claims interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year  from 08/07/2015 to 11/06/2019 on £304 and also interest at the same rate up to the date of the judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of £0.21"

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

To be honest I don't get it, dx100uk, explained it above , but I don't see it. 

However there is discrepancy in amounts and time bracket.

Time bracket only include 2 years, but the amount is for 3 years.

This is email from SW re charges

Hi Copy bills attached.

New balance is £968.70

Bill Adjustment 45.00

Charges for 01 Jul 2015 to 08 Jul 2015 11.10

Charges for 19 Nov 2014 to 30 Jun 2015 271.99

Charges for 29 May 2014 to 18 Nov 2014 213.07

Charges for 01 Apr 2014 to 28 May 2014 60.25

Charges for 01 Apr 2013 to 31 Mar 2014 367.29

Regards 

Edited by maciekj90

no just me being silly I was working on a complex Scottish case whilst replying here which is 5yrs sb...carry on nothing to see here..move alone please..:lol::bowl:

and they

So, is there anything I could do about the fact that it is reaching back to 2013 and PoC says only back to 2014.

What should be my approach to the claim?

My priority is to avoid CCJ and not to being bullied into paying money that I do not owe.

To answer the question

On 19/06/2019 at 06:40, unclebulgaria67 said:

So between 08/07/2015 to 11/06/2019, did you have an agreement with the landlord in respect of this address where the water bill is owed ?  If so, did the agreement with landlord say you were responsible for water & sewerage charges ? 

No, not for the time you mention above.

Yes, agreement stated Tenant is responsible for water charges, and I was paying when I was living there.

SW started billing me again when I was still renting this property, but I wasn't living there, I kept it as CoA on all my official needs and documents.

for minute follow std proceedures

pop up on the MCOL website detailed on the claimform.
 register as an individual
 note the long gateway number given
 then log in
 select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box.
 then using the details required from the claimform
 defend all
 leave jurisdiction unticked.
 click thru to the end
 confirm and exit MCOL.

get a CPR 31:14 request running to the solicitors [if one is not listed send to the claimant]

ask for copies of all bills

no need to sign anything
you DO NOT await the return of paperwork.
you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform [1 in the count]
or copies of all bills 

and they

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I have acknowledged the claim, send CPR31.14 to sols, I guess its time to fill in the defence.

Can anyone help me with this please, as after reading other threads it is make very little sense to me and its very upsetting.

I wish this will be all over by now.

What should be included in defence,  what shouldn't be there?

What would I need to support my defence?

Can someone walk through this, please. 

have you read the two threads in post 42?

defence is not due till/by 4pm Friday 12th.

and they

Yes, I have read them, many, many times by now. Even before you point them out to me, but more I read it more mess it makes in my head and more confused I am. 

So what do I do for now?

I thought I shouldn't wait till last moment with the defence to not make judge thinking I was waiting to long with it just to drag it in time.

Or I mixing things up?