HCEO Bailiff fees - Writ of Control - Boat mooring fees

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1903 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I Received a high court writ of control Today.

The amount payable is nearly £400 more that the Judgement amount.

Judgement Amount = £846.38

Debt owed = £1116.13

Interest =£30.76

Compliance fee =£90

Total sum outstanding =£1236.89

Are these fees correct?

I do owe this debt, and was going to deal with it but then stupidly forgot about it.

I have been battling high blood pressure problems due to stress resulting in hospital visits.

I just need to know how to deal with this so it doesn't stress me out more than I am.

I'm a single mum, we live on our boat and have nothing of real value.

Any advice is greatly appreciated

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

Can you post up a history of this debt please.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Did the HCEO actually call,

at your boat,

and did you let him on board?

Did he take any property into Control?

Did he threaten to take the boat?

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

thread title updated for clarity

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

No one has been. it was a letter in my post box at the top of the lane.

I'm under the impression that they can't take the boat as its our only abode. But it's worrying my silly that this is what they are going to try, if they don't accept a payment plan.

Would the increase from £846 to £1116 be court costs?

WHat kind of boat is it. Whats its value. They certainly wont take it if its worth substantially more than the debt, although they may try.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Without seeing the paperwork you actually have the amount looks to be about right, on the letter you have there should be a date by which you are supposed to make contact to pay in full or come to an agreement. Be aware that should you want an agreement to pay in instalments then the Writ commands the Agent should visit anyway and this will add another £190 +VAT to the debt owing.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Its doubtful they will. It would be obvious that it wouldnt come close to paying off the debt. Remember, if they levy on something, if it goes to auction they MIGHT get 10-15% of its actual value.

Bailiffs know this but hope you dont

They can really make us homeless? Boat would maybe be worth £500 to someone that only needs it to live on.

I paid 1500 for it. There's no way I have enough to pay it all off by the 6th Feb.

Please try not to worry as the boat would appear to be an 'exempt' item under the Taking Control of Goods Regulations 2013.

Exempt goods: Goods which are also PREMISES and are occupied as only or principal house.

5. Where any goods of the debtor are also premises and are occupied by the debtor or another person as the debtor's or that person's only or principal home, those goods are exempt goods

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2013/1894/part/1/crossheading/exempt-goods/made?view=plain

That loses of the option to make you homeless, the 2013 Regulations clarified that, as previously they may have been able to

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Moving forward - how long have the arrears been increasing and if you were able to come to an arrangement what sort of sum would you be looking at? Would you be able to keep this up as well as paying current & future fees?

Is there a reason why you never paid? Did you attend any Hearing? You say this is your main abode - do you pay Council Tax?

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Depending on your circumstances, you can claim housing benefits/universal credit for boat mooring fees.

Comes under non standard housing.

You need to provide evidence to Council housing benefits or Universal Credit that you have to pay mooring fees.

If you are not claiming at the moment, you need to register a claim as soon as possible and also ask for backdating to be considered. One possible reason for backdating, can be health issues, which prevented you from claiming earlier.

The arrears are from when we were in the southwest. I needed to move the boat across country for a new job . Couldn't afford to pay off the money for the move and the arrears, then got ill start of last year and things spiralled since then. I pay for mooring rent £250 a month myself, don't claim housing benefits. But get tax credits.

Might b e worth checking on a site like turn2us what else you could claim. https://benefits-calculator.turn2us.org.uk/AboutYou

Well after phoning them yesterday explaining I'm a single mum with medical problems and offering half now and half next month. One of my neighbours saw them at 7 this morning and sent them in the wrong direction! Bailiff has my number but didn't phone