Talk talk did not connect BB but charged me £26 and ruined my credit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1900 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On Novemeber 27th 2018 Talk Talk engineer could not connect my broadband so he called TT and told them he could not find the line. Yet a month later I received a final notice to pay £26 before it went to collections. It also affected my credit score badly so I contacted them and after hours of arguing they admitted it was a mistake and will cancel the debt.

They said they would call me today to sort it out. I want to know what I can claim as compensation as they did offer it to me but were trying to convince me to take free phone service and BB. Can i ask to be compensated financially?

Yes you can be compensated financially – but it's a bit early to start understanding how much.

We really need to understand exactly what happened and how this has impacted on your financial life – and also how much stress it has caused you.

The best thing to do is to send them an SAR and also wait for a month and then check your credit file. You can check your credit file now – but you need to check it again in a month.

When you get all information come back here and then we can advise you as to the best course of action

Thank you for your reply. I only ask about financial comp because I stayed home from work on the day engineer came and I wastill very stressed as I spent 5 days talking to them on the phone which was difficult because they guaranteed me I was getting their service. I told to send a engineer and show me where it was connected.

Also my pay monthly phone acceptance got reduced to sim only after they checked my cresit file. I will do as you say and let you know what happens.

Ok, these are significant disadvantages which you have suffered.

Get all the information and come back here.

Keep evidence of anything you have suffered