• Tweets

• Thnaks Honeybee13   When I right click over his profile and go to meaasge it has a pop up "Your account has not yet met the minimum content item count requirement to send personal messages. You are required to have at least 11 content items count before using this functionality". [help]
    • SAR sent to: Virgin Credit card Cawley House Chester Business Park Chester CH4 9FB -2nd Class, proof of postage -no payment -signed   CCA sent to: Arrow Global Limited 12 Booth St Manchester M2 4AW -1st class recorded -£1 postal order stapled -not signed   I am keeping payments going for now
    • Do nothing if your partner has never had a HSBC account and now Drydens state the account was opened in 1991,as no contact or payments have been made it would be Statute Barred and they Drydens are well aware of this.If you feel a need to respond simply state you have never had a HSBC account, and should you continue to Harass Me I will take the matter up with the Financial Ombudsman.For sure do not fill in any form regarding your Income and Outgoings FS
    • Have you tried sending a private message [PM] to Andy? You should be able to PM site team.   HB
    • I bought a secondhand car, insured it via telephone before driving it but then drove it the short distance home to get it taxed on my PC. Due to events not worth going into, I didn't get chance to tax it until a couple of days later (so left it in a garage), which I did. Even so, I've now got a DVLA fine for the car "being used or kept while untaxed in XXXXX Street". Would I be correct in assuming that there is no fighting this one, that that's it, i'll just have to pay up because I hadn't yet taxed it on the date in question (although ironically the tax is backdated to the start of the month when you pay it)?Note also that I'm convinced I never went anywhere near the particular street in which they say I was spotted!
  • Our picks

• Future Comms issues. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416504-future-comms-issues/
      • 3 replies
    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies
    • The FSA has announced large fines against DB UK Bank Limited (trading as DB Mortgages) - DeutscheBank and also against Redstone for their unfair treatment of their customers.
      Please see the links below for summaries and full details from the FSA website.
      It is now completely clear that any arrears charges which exceed actual administrative costs are unfair and therefore unlawful.
      Furthemore, irresponsible lending practices are also unfair and unlawful.
      Additionally there are other unfair practices including unarranged counsellor visits - even if they have been attempted.
      You are entitled to refuse counsellor visits and not incur any charges.
      Any charges for counsellor visits must not seek to make profits. The cost of the visits must be passed on to you at cost price.
      We are hearing stories of people being charged for counsellor visits for which there is no evidence that they were even attempted.
      It is clear that some mortgage lenders are trying to cheat you out of your money.
      You should ascertain how much has been taken from you and claim it back. The chances of winning are better than 90%. It is highly likely that the lender will attempt to avoid court action and offer you back your money.
      However, you should ensure that you receive a proper rate of interest and this means that you should be seeking at least restitutionary damages - which would be much higher than the statutory 8%.
      Furthermore, you should assess whether the paying of demands for unlawful excessive charges has also out you further into arrears and if this has caused you further penalties in terms of extra interest or any other prejudice. This should be claimed as well.
      If excessive unlawful charges have resulted in your credit file being affected, then you should take this into account also when working out exactly what you want by way of remedy from the lender.
      You should consult others on these forums when considering any offer.
      You must not make any complaint through the Ombudsman. your time will be wasted, you will wait up to 2 yrs and there will be a minimal 8% award of interest and no account will be taken of any other damage you have suffered.
      You must make your complaint through the County Court for a rapid and effective remedy.

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Library/Communication/PR/2010/120.shtml
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/redstone.pdf
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/db_uk.pdf

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/consumerinformation/firmnews/2011/db_mortgages.shtml
      Do you have a mortage arears claim to make? Then post your story on the forum here
      • 0 replies
eviju

PCN issued - no photographs uploaded at all.

Parked in a residents` or shared use parking place or zone without either clearly displaying a valid permit or voucher or pay and display ticket issued for that place, or without payment of the parking charge (shared use bay)

This was the reasoning for being given a PCN (hire car at the time) - wrote to them straight away stating that there were no pictures taken of the vehicle as none were uploaded on council's website - "no images were found for this PCN!"

council responded saying wait until you receive notice to owner but not having photos isn't sufficient grounds as they don't need photos or something along those lines. so hire company were contacted

- gave my details (this is just before Christmas) but no letter was received at my address apart from a letter after the new year stating I needed to pay £110.

I wrote back to them via online stating that there were no photos and I had not received a previous letter so why am I being charged £110 already

I also said I wanted to go to independent adjudicator

- they stated a letter was sent on the 19/11/2018 and I missed the opportunity to speak to the independent adjudicator as I didn't respond to the previous letter -

Their wording was :

a notice to owner was sent to you on ..... this notice provided you with the opportunity to make formal representations. as you failed to make rep a charge certificate (CC) was issued. once a cc has been issued there is no longer the formal right of appeal.

the pan has been reviewed and we are satisfied that it remains valid,

your representation has been reviewed I must advise you that we issued the pcn because your vehicle was observed pared in a resident's or shared use parking place or zone without either claeary displaying a valid permit or voucher or pay and display ticket issued for that place, or without payment of the parking charge.

The CEO had recorded detailed notes at the material time of issuing the pcn and can confirm the contravention has occurredl. the photographic evidence is secondary. it is the responsibility of the driver to insure that they understand the restrictions in place and follow the designated signage.

at this stage we have reordered 110 as a gesture of goodwill (whatever you say mate - gesture of goodwill is you not giving me this ticket) 110 payment should be made within 14days blah blah

what can I do now?

how do I respond to a letter I never received for adjudicator ?

how can they prove I was parked there

- what if a ticket guy has it in for me and just stuck a ticket on and not provided photos cause I wasn't parked there?

thanks for the help

oh and to top it off the car was only observed from 13:34pm - 13:34pm

Technically all they need is the CEO to observe the vehicle. Photos are secondary but not needed.

Your narrative is muddled, but I think you're saying you didn't receive the Notice to Owner in your name. Even though the council say it was sent, and you say they have now sent the Charge Certificate (where the penalty increases to £165) they are prepared to accept £110.

Since you don't seem to have any grounds for the pcn to be cancelled, that's proably the best outcome.

The alternative is you wait for the Order for Recovery and make a Witness Statement that you did'nt receive the NtO. That sets it back to the NtO stage where you can make representations and when they are rejected appeal to adjudication, where, on the basis of your non-existent grounds, you will lose.

I have to agree with Michael, based on the information you've given. You don't deny parking in a place you weren't permitted, so unless there's more to the story which you haven't told us, I don't see any reason why the PCN will be cancelled, with or without the adjudicator. Therefore, you're now at the best outcome stage - the original, full charge, but none of the extra charges which could be added for non-payment.

So can I say I wasn’t parked there?

So can I say I wasn’t parked there?

Yeah, good idea, The council won't cancel the pcn and if you continue the lie to adjudication you open yourslf to a fine of up to £5000.

But if there are no photos how can they prove otherwise?

They can't prove you were there, and they don't have to. It will be your word against the CEO who issued the charge - they will refer to his or her notes, the details on the PCN, and the circumstances on the day. They have your vehicle registration, location, times, vehicle colour, make and model - and your claim to have just not been there, or not parked in contravention, without any supporting evidence, will be dismissed.

If you lie to an adjudicator, the cances of you being hit with a fine are close to zero, but it's a question of whether you want to spend your time and effort, not to mention the council's resources on fighting a case which is very likely to fail.

How can you prove the ceo is being honest? Do they just believe his / her word and that’s it?

How can you prove the ceo is being honest? Do they just believe his / her word and that’s it?

Well, you could prove he was lying by producing evidence that you were parked somewhere else, except of course that you can't.

It's odd that you question the honesty of a CEO whilst being perfectly prepared to lie yourself.

I just don’t want to pay £110 - as I’m sure 99% of people here want to get out of doing

If it goes to a Warrant then you could be looking at well over £400 or they could remove your vehicle.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They can't prove anything - it's a balance of probability. If the CEO says you were there, he or she will automatically be believed, unless you can prove to the contrary.

If you read the PCN it will say something along the lines of "the CEO had reason to believe the contravention occurred". Then it's up to you to show why his or her judgement was wrong.

If you think about it, were they to uphold appeals just on the basis of no photographs, then any PCN without photographs would be successully appealed with a straight denial. And then that would mean photos would have to become mandatory.

As photos are not mandatory, PCNs can be enforced without them, and there's no automatic get-out if there are no photos available.

I just don’t want to pay £110 - as I’m sure 99% of people here want to get out of doing

Absolutely, but without sufficient grounds you are going to have to bite the bullet and pay.

If you don't within 14 days of their letter, it will go back up to £165 and will escalate even higher if you're not careful.

If you cannot get them on a rock solid technicality, I have always found that coming up with a plausible reason why you were in contravention of their rules is the best tactic. A good story if you like, something which cannot be proved either way, appealing for them to be lenient on this occasion whilst apologising (local council love you to bow down) and stating you will be more careful in the future!

Obviously you are past this stage in this instance but I have found the above to work on a number of occasions.

I know others may be critical of you not being honest but we must do what we must do to prevent ourselves from being extorted.

I for one am critical of YOU for suggesting that the OP lie! This is completely against the ethos of CAG. We offer advice to combat the lies of others and to support the innocent or confused when dealing with (in this case) officialdom. On the other threads we help to combat lying money grabbers.

Edited by Gick
typographical error

My time as a Police Officer and subsequently time working within the Motor Trade gives me certain insights into the problems that consumers may encounter.

I have no legal qualifications.

If you have found my post helpful, please enhance my reputation by clicking on the star. Thank you

I for one am critical of YOU for suggesting that the OP lie! This is completely against the ethos of CAG. We offer advice to combat the lies of others and to support the innocent or confused when dealing with (in this case) officialdom. On the other threads we help to combat lying money grabbers.

You're entitled to your opinion but I do not believe what I suggest to to be against the ethos of CAG. It might run contrary to your values, and that's fine.

There are any number of threads on the Debt forums with posts from seasoned CAG members advocating that people bypass any moral assessment as to the legitimacy of their "debt".

Just as I am saying that we may need to bend the truth on occasion, bypass any moral judgement on that in order to prevent local councils and others reaching into our back pockets.

Edited by MontyIsInnocent

Please fill in your quit date here