Harlands/crs - trugym.

sosahelp123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1877 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Everyone,

A little new here so please bare with me...

On the 11th of October 2018 I started a gym membership with trugym (no obligation/no contract monthly payments)

In the first 14 days, I visited ONCE. and once only.

After that period I cancelled my direct debit with them as i did not like the gym or the hostile staff after only my first visit with an online form and accordingly then called my bank and did the same.

The gym later called me and informed me I had not done it within the 14 days that was required so the direct debit would still be taken out...now my bank were not aware of this as i assumed i had cancelled with the gym so it made sense to cancel with my bank too (there have been instances where i've cancelled direct debits with companies but still they have managed to keep taking money out and its taken months!!! to get refunds with 10 phonecalls average)

Anyway, straightaway Harlands emailed me a couple of days later and said they had charged me a admin fee of 25 pounds and i would have to pay 39.99 to clear my arrears. (During this period I went away as i am a FULL TIME student for my dissertation and was unable to respond)

Next, I got the letter attached from the CRS saying I owe (167 POUNDS!!!) how on earth can i afford that being a student. I called them and asked what the charges were for and they stated it was tracing (for what?! they already had my address - I hadnt moved!) for admin charges and etc.

what should i do! Id be happy to pay the 14.99, even the crazy 39.99 but 167 is ridiculous!!!!!!!

PLEASE help - they wont stop texting at silly times like 11pm and telling me to call them!

Much Appreciated,

Sosa.

CRS LETTER..pdf

Harlands letter..pdf

Ignore it. Have a read of the gym forums here and youll have a good laugh at them. If they text, block the number. If they keep switching numbers, then log all attempts at texts/calls and get a complaint to the regulator.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

yep ignore

gyms don't do court

gym debt cant appear on credit file

a DCA is not a bailiff.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi SoS and welcome to CAG

There are so many Harlands/CRS threads here, you should already know Harlands/CRS will do nothing despite their threats.

Their ridiculous demands for gym fees plus stupid amounts for admin fees are purely speculative and you should ignore them.

Do not respond at all to any demands or threats. Stay OFF the phone regardless !

Keep any communications in writing only but I suggest you have no need to write to them at all for now - simply ignore anything from Harlands/CRS but keep a note of all contact from them by phone, email or letter. You may need to make a complaint of harassment at some time.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Thank you for the advise!

- But im really afraid it will get transferred to debt recovery and they'll come knocking on the door with twice as much to pay! or worse yet effect my credit with the debt recovery?!!!

Thank you for the advise so far...They have no contacted me since 31/01 so don't want to be too optimistic!

Edited by dx100uk
merge

now go read post 3 again

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

They wont do ANYTHING at all apart from send a few silly letters.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi SoS,

Harlands want you to think that CRS are a separate debt recovery outfit but they're not. It's simply Harlands using a different name !!

Once CRS realise you're not intimidated by Harlands/CRS threats, they'll pass the case to ZINC who will drop the case like a hot potato if you challenge them. However, you can simply ignore Zinc as well and they'll return the case to Harlands/CRS with no action.

If anyone calls you about this, just hang up. Ignore demands and threats. They can add all the admin fees they like but that does NOT make such fees payable or enforceable.

Trust us - we've been helping folk deal with these fools for many years.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you guys for the help so far!

Got sent two more emails since warning me that I have 10 days to reply to them...or they will take the case to court and get a CCJ against me.

I simply replied that I will reply to them in court.

I hardly doubt in they would pay the fees to put a claims form forward and if they do, which judge in their right minds would take a claim of 14.99 with a disgusting added fees of admin on seriously?!:mad2:

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

You should never reply or use email!! Block and bounce..

And read things properly..doesnt say WILL anywhere.

Dx

• Like 1

and they

Hi SoS,

DX is right - you should just ignore the demands and threats from Harlands/CRS and not reply to them at all.

Harlands/CRS will see any response from you as being a good reason to keep sending you demands and threats.

Ignore demands and any phone calls. Keep us posted though.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys, so just received an email today and they have informed me of the following...

We regret that despite our attempts to reach an amicable resolution to your account, you remain in arrears to Trugym Platinum. We must therefore give notice that failing to reply to this letter within the next 10 days will result in your account balance being passed to Zinc Group Ltd, one of the UK's leading providers of debt recovery solutions. WE WOULD STILL LIKE TO RESOLVE THIS MATTER We're still happy to listen to your reasons for not paying and will do whatever we can to reach an acceptable resolution for both parties. All that is required is for you to call us on 01444 449 165 by no later than 10th March 19 so we can discuss your account further.

Don't know what that mean to be honest, waiting for people to come knocking on the door? lol

powerless...already told you what to do in my last post..

• Like 1

and they

Just keep a log of all forms of contact from Harlands/CRS or Zinc, in case you need to complain about harassment.

Time, date, what they say, and the type of contact will be fine.

But certainly no need to reply to their request or demand.

😀

• Like 1