Link Default / Barclaycard Credit File Markers - Removal

wolvaughan
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1908 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am looking for some advice regarding removal of Arrangement to Pay markers and a default from my credit report.

I have an outstanding balance of £3486.90 with Link Financial who took on the account from Barclaycard in February 2015.

Barclaycard applied markers to my credit report from April 11 to February 15 when they marked the account as settled, following an SAR it doesn't appear the account was ever formally defaulted.

I was on a DMP until recently when I sent a section 78 request to Link and stopped paying.

They did not comply with the request and subsequently issued a default notice.

There is a note within the documents received following the SAR request that would indicate that the debt is unenforceable.

I am looking to obtain a mortgage in the summer and these two accounts will prevent me from doing so.

Should Barclays have defaulted me when I missed 3 month payments?

Can Link default me as they aren't the original creditor?

Should the debt be removed from my credit file as it's over 6 years old since I breached the original T & C's?

How do I go about remedying this?

Thanks.

the mortgage co. can only see what is in the debt summary line not the calendar markers.

if the debt show AP without stating a defaulted date in the summary then AP is a real bugger to get removed.

your issue is whichever way you go, the debt even if you get it correctly marked as defaulted with a date, that will still only be in the 2015 date range.

a default stays on your credit file for 6yrs regardless to if you are paying or not, or paid off or not.

moved to the BC forum.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Shouldn't Barclays have defaulted me in 2011 when I missed 3 or more payments, as all my other creditors did, meaning that it should have dropped off my file in 2017?

Also can Link default me as they are DCA's and not the OC?

I thought I'd read somewhere that an account couldn't be assigned if it wasn't defaulted first?

Can be sold yes. Debt buyers can't register defaults they are not a creditor. But that's immaterial

Write to Barclaycard with proof of the 3rd missed payment. Point out that the ICO guidelines at the time stated 3-6 mths for a default and they have failed to default you rather used the AP marker for xx yrs which is unfair..please default the account on date or you'll raise a formal complaint with the ICO and sheen financial compo as you are trying for a mortgage and had they correctly defaulted the account re guidelines it would not be showing now

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You send them a copy of the BC letter correctly stating the default registering in 2011 and demand they remove the account as it should not be showing else I CO etc

and they

account in dispute = im on double yellow lines but have my hazards going so i'm immune from you doing anything to me...2 urban myths sadly

and they