• Tweets

• Includes eligibility, appeals, tax credits and Universal Credit View the full article
    • Public backs debt enforcement to support vital public services - survey | CIVEA View the full article
    • Hi   Fire Protection isn't just for cladding fire proofing doors etc it also includes Annual Fire Inspections which all add to costs.   Water Charge for the communal boiler fault managed by SSE It would depend how your housing association has setup the contract with SSE. (sounds as if you have a Combined Heat and Power system (CHP)) if this is the case my own Housing Association also has this its the largest CHP in the UK still and it is run and managed by SSE right down to they repair faults at their cost not the tenants its how the contract was setup). As said it would depend on how your HA setup the contract with SSE.   If it is a CHP system and the fault as you have describe these are not cheap to repair/get a replacement parts. (my own HA CHP covers thousands of properties and has three boilers two are constantly used the third is and emergency backup/used if maintenance on others required.)   If all tenants are being charged this £200-£300 have the HA added this as a Service Charge as part of your Rent Statement?   I am a HA Tenant and if I had this as a HA Tenant myself I certainly would be challenging it with the HA as such costs should have been budgeted for in the HA Budget Plan.   Do you have a Tenants Committee/Registered Tenants Organisation (RTO) if so as well as complaint to the HA I would also inform them of this   With your letter Make sure and Title it 'Formal Complaint' this way they have to log it as a complaint which in turn in turn must be added to the HA return to the Regulator.   Only if you consider getting together with other tenants as a Group to complain about this the best advice I will give you is always complain individual as well as a Group. (note: why you ask well individually as stated they have to log all those complaints but as a Group its only one complaint logged the Group one)
    • ukcps just a typo martin.   you don't really have to really worry   just sit tight and await to see if they issue a letter of claim or action.   the landlord will have copies of everything if the renters didn't fwd it on as they should do.
    • I'm not 100% upto speed with the latest PAP but my understanding is i have 30 days to reply to the LoC.   I have asked for an up to date statement as i havent had one in well over 12 months and i was playing with them a bit, so i might wait a week for that to arrive so i have it in black and white before firing off the SB, it will be sent anyway but would like to see all my ducks in a row first if i can before pulling the trigger.
  • Our picks

• @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK - Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by Currys. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426151-samsung-75-8k-tv-completely-broken-by-currys/&do=findComment&comment=5069075
      • 4 replies
    • @skinnyfoodco Skinny Foods. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426130-skinny-foods/&do=findComment&comment=5068996
      • 8 replies
    • I’m in desperate need of help

I bought some clothes online in may through Evans and paid through PayPal
      returned them all seven days later

I waited the 14days for my refund and no refund came
      I put in a dispute through PayPal but I didn’t get any emails to escalate the case - PayPal closed it. 
      evans said they couldn’t refund the money because PayPal have cancelled the refund because of the open dispute

I contacted PayPal
      they said the dispute had been closed but Evans at no point had attempted a refund.
      fast forward to today

I’ve got copies of numerous messages sent to and from twitter messages as it’s the only way I can contact them
      I’ve also contacted their customer service too
      all I get is PayPal have cancelled refund because dispute is still open.

I have proved that the dispute is closed
      I have got an email saying that if Evans sent the refund they would accept it
      but up until the date I got the email they have not once attempted a refund .

I have sent them a letter before court email
      I have even offered to have the full refund as a gift card just to get this sorted !

I’m literally at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn next !

i suffer with mental health issues and this is affecting my health and I’d saved the money for a year to buy these clothes as I’m on a low income .
    • In desperate need of help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/425244-in-desperate-need-of-help/&do=findComment&comment=5067040
      • 29 replies

Right, I'm gonna go for it!

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 5048 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

We've had 2 accounts with FD for years, a joint one which has OH wages and most DD's, and mine which pays childcare, shopping etc and has my wages. I just know they owe us thousands, and am drafting my Data protection act letter. Should I send one letter with one £10 or do I need to send 2?

Will post my progress - I've been much reassured by stories I've read here tonight.

As long as your name is on both accounts, one letter/£10 will suffice. They'll send the cheque back to you anyway.

Good Luck

• Haha 1

___

MBNA VISA - PL sent 23/10

MBNA MCard - PL sent 23/10

FD - PL sent 23/10, offered approx 75% 27/10

Marbles - PL sent 23/10, rejected letter received 27/10

If I think I have all the statements - pretty sure I do - is it worth sending the SAR? I can get the odd missing one from their website. Or is there another reason to send the SAR?

There is indeed another reason to send the SAR - you will notice that the letter requests details of manual intervention. There is a good reason for this.

The bank may attempt to justify the charges based on a claim that your account has required lots of manual intervention by their staff, in which case it should be noted in the data they send you - if they do not send any then they are unable to prove any extra work has been done and will be unable to claim the charges are as a result of this.

• Haha 1

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received

I am in the same position as you, 2 accounts with them, 1 joint, 1 sole. I have sent a claim in for the joint account last week which is over £3k and am waiting on statements for my sole account.

They are quick sending statements back so you should be able to get started soon.

Good luck!

Vickicb

I made a claim for both sole and joint accounts and reclaimed all charges. I would advise keeping claims separate and sending individual letters-it may be a bit of a pain but it presents a professional and determined front to the bank.

NB I claimed £1485 for joint charges and £444 for sole charges and got the lot back!

Keep determined, follow the process and the best of luck!

Wakie8AL

First Direct Sole Account £444-Full settlement :D

First Direct Joint Account £1485-Full settlement :D

I sent my prelim letter for £3341.50 to FD on 16 November but have had no acknowledgement? Is this normal? My LBA is typed up and ready to send on Friday but getting worried that I haven't even received a 'get lost' response.

Don't worry. Wait until the 14 days is up then send the LBA. They replied to one of my letters after 3 days, another one took them 17 days... so it's not unusual.

___

MBNA VISA - PL sent 23/10

MBNA MCard - PL sent 23/10

FD - PL sent 23/10, offered approx 75% 27/10

Marbles - PL sent 23/10, rejected letter received 27/10