• Tweets

• Dear EVRi parcelnet LTD t/a evri   evri parcelnet isnt a thing also you say defendant's response which is a bit of a weird format.   Something like   Dear EVRi, Claim no xxxx In your defence you said you could not access tracking. Please see attached receipt and label Regards
    • Welcome to the Forum I have moved your topic to the appropriate forum  Residential and Commercial lettings/Freehold issues Please continue to post here.   Andy
    • Please provide advice on the following situation: I rented out my property to four students for 16 months until March 2024. Initially, the property was in very good condition, but now it needs extensive renovation. This includes redoing the bathroom, replacing the kitchen, removing wallpaper, and redecorating due to significant mold growth. The tenants also left their furniture on the grass, which is owned by the local authority. As a landlord, I've met all legal requirements. It seems the damage was caused by poor ventilation—windows were always closed, and heating wasn't used. There was also a bathroom leak fixed by reapplying silicone. I tried to claim insurance, but it was denied, citing tenant behavior as the cause by looking at the photos, which isn't covered. The deposit barely covers the repair costs, or else I'll have to pursue money claims, which I've never done before and am unsure about its legal complications or costs. Any thoughts on this?
    • The part in question was bought direct from Hotpoint (to replace a burnt door interlock and melted wiring). I'm unsure of the original retailer the machine was bought from, we're talking 5 years+ ago, but I can find out if absolutely necessary. It's one of the models that was listed on the recall list, but Hotpoint have stated for many years it wasn't an affected unit when given the serial number - I expect this is why they offered a FoC engineer visit because I sent them pictures of the (new ) burned door interlock.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

MBNA / Bank of America

eskimo123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1774 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Sent a CCA request to MBNA who i have been paying on a DMP with Stepchange 10 days ago, have just found my original welcome letter and it is with Bank Of America / Amazon. I have not had a reply as yet. Account opened in 2012.

Wondering if i should have sent the request to BOA rather than MBNA

Cheers

nope they were sold to MBNA some years ago

who are you paying MBNA still or a DCA?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

this could be fun then...

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

DX, you have my attention,

i was considering cancelling the DD to Stepchange which is due on the 1st just to provoke a default from them

however the DD payment also includes a payment to PRA who i have also sent a CCA to who have responded that they are looking.

Any advice?

dont want to make a payment if not necessary.

Carry on until they fail the cca 12+2 working day time limit if pra have it..it must already be defaulted?

and they

DX, sorry think i have confused the thread, MBNA have not responded to my CCA request which is due on the 1st feb, but PRA who own my other card from Barclays which is defaulted are looking for the agreement but both are under a DMP run by Stepchange.

Apologies.

12+2 is up for MBNA,

have not received anything regarding the CCA but did get a Notice of sum in arrears from them this morning.

Spoke to Stepchange today asking what my options are regarding the DD payment, he was non committal and did say that the CCA request was not really relevant because i was making payments and so had admitted the debt was mine.

I have cancelled the DD and lets see where we go.

usual advice from them sadly

they nor none of the dmp people fee paying or otherwise will even check enforceability cause it cuts of the money they get from the OC's for signing people up to blindly paying.

dx

and they

• 2 weeks later...

Update,

today i received the CCA from MBNA which i have uploaded,

expecting a response from MBNA soon because i have stopped payments to them through Step change,

have been in arrears for 10 months,

my account appears to be still available with a credit balance on it which is weird, they are not applying interest to the outstanding balance.

I dont know if it is significant but on page 5 my name and CC number is printed on the table of contents page which just looks odd.

That card number does not correspond to the number on page 24, i presume that is because MBNA bought the Amazon card and issued another card with a new number.

Getting the feeling that this is going to be enforceable,

dont understand why MBNA have not defaulted the account?

Any advice about the upload or what to expect next from MBNA appreciated.

Amazon CCA 09-02-2019.pdf

Is the agreement address correct for the date of sign up

and they

Ok..well wait for them to default you then resume payment.

Then pers i think a complaint might be in order then

How are they marking the credit file calendar section

and they

Hi DX, just checked my Noddle acc and MBNA have registered a default on the 31/01/2019, previous to that they were marking it as BB for 8 months.

Presume me asking for a CCA has moved things along.

Will re-instate the payment to them next week.

don't sell yourself short!

have they frozen interest and charges?

and they

ok good

and they

Update, have now received default notice from MBNA,

have now written a letter of complaint to them stating they  should have defaulted me much earlier in accordance with ICO guidance .

I missed a payment to them in Feb 2018 and have asked for it to be changed to May 2018 instead of Jan 2019.

I find it very odd that when you ask for a CCA from a company you find yourself defaulted and then sold on in quick time.

MBNA not sold me yet but feel the letter is in the post!

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday i got a response from MBNA regarding my complaint,

however they sent the text message to my wife's phone!

i could have been awkward,

never give my correct phone number to any company and i certainly have not supplied my wife's number, where did they get it from?

To the best of my knowledge she does not have an account with them ...going to have to do some digging.

Also received a letter today stating they are investigating my complaint

today received another letter telling me they are investigating the complaint, this appears to have come from a different department and which i think reveals how they got my wife's mobile number.

All the info on the letter indicates that it has come from MBNA however on the back of the envelope the return address is LLoyds banking group,

now both my wife and i bank with Lloyds

i am guessing they have accessed our account info to get contact details, or am i just over thinking this.

Can anyone  comment on this with regards to the new Data laws?

id have to dig which I cant do at present

but if memory serves me right

BOA were/are administered in the UK by the Lloyds group.

and they

Two days ago i get a letter from MBNA saying that as we haven't been able to agree a suitable repayment plan they have passed it over to Moorcroft and i should arrange payment with them. It was written in the stars.

Someone from somewhere keeps calling my wife on her mobile wanting to talk to me about my complaint but she is usually working in the NHS so cant talk and tells them to call later.

Today i get a letter of MBNA telling me that they have recorded my letter as a complaint in error and so have closed the complaint down and have passed the letter to a team best able to help!

I am speechless

• 2 weeks later...

This week received a letter from someone at MBNA  with a PO Box address for Lloyds Bank stating all kinds of nonsense that i had been making payments up until July 18 and then ceased payments and so the default date of January 2019 was correct and that they did not uphold my complaint.

Have responded to them with Step Change statements  showing payments made which disputes there claim,

also raised another complaint with them regarding  calls  and text messages to my wife's phone,

laid it on a bit thick,

they dont know my personal circumstances and it will give them something to do.

Feel pretty sure  the response will be the same but if i am annoying them by contesting their decisions and they have to do a little work it is only the cost of a stamp and i get a warm glow inside.

• 1 month later...

Update,

Lloyds responded apologising for the companies  misuse of my wife:s data,

just one of those things, hey ho, 

but still refused to back date the default notice.

I then contacted Stepchange to initiate a settlement agreement with both of my creditors for 40% of the outstanding amount.

Did not really expect a result because MBNA  had already told me twice that they dont enter into such agreements

surprise SC ring me to say that the figure has been accepted but the other creditor has refused.

Today i receive a letter from Moorcroft who are apparently collecting for MBNA although i have not replied to any of their letters thanking me for agreeing to pay £4000 per month for the next 6 months,  muppets, idiots, muppets.

Emailed SC today,,  bank holiday w/e.

Not much to do until Tuesday, If Moorcroft have taken the sum as a payment and not a settlement

spitting feathers does not come close.

well if you do settle

they MUST remove the whole account from all CRA providers

don't ever pay a dca anything

deal directly

and they